oneBoro Forum

Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Post Mortem Time""

44 minutes ago, TLF10 said:

NW told the local journos he will talk too all the players tomorrow, Monday and Tuesday.

he said he will then hold a press conference on Wednesday with the local journos to confirm whose going and whose staying.

Have a feeling the staying list could be pretty short going by how he's acting!

• Like 1
  • Replies 19.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Offer has been accepted bauser has had his critics but he has pulled masterstrokes on both of these.  Now over to you Leo!  Payero small issues look sorted should be an announcement tomorrow or f

Gibson doing a Gibson. Having another punt, pushing for Bolasie, this Argentinian and money available for a couple more. (Not a lot though) Spence going for £5m

Not been keeping up but Sporar should be sorted by Tuesday 

Posted Images

18 minutes ago, Neverbefore said:

Have a feeling the staying list could be pretty short going by how he's acting!

Have a feeling this could be a very bad way of doing things, too.

Part 1: Warnock to journos
"Hey everyone, all these players are available, we don't want them here next season."

Part 2: Summer transfer window
"What do you mean you're only offering a tenth of their market value?"

Part 3: Transfer window is closed
"Oh hey guys, I guess you're still here after the window is shut."

Part 4: End of 2021/22 season
"I know we finished 16th but really, when you don't have any strikers, midfielders, defenders or goalkeepers, we did quite well really, you get me?"

11 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

Have a feeling this could be a very bad way of doing things, too.

Part 1: Warnock to journos
"Hey everyone, all these players are available, we don't want them here next season."

Part 2: Summer transfer window
"What do you mean you're only offering a tenth of their market value?"

Part 3: Transfer window is closed
"Oh hey guys, I guess you're still here after the window is shut."

Part 4: End of 2021/22 season
"I know we finished 16th but really, when you don't have any strikers, midfielders, defenders or goalkeepers, we did quite well really, you get me?"

I'm guessing he'll just be talking about the loanees and out of contracters when he says who'll be staying/going

@boro-unger yeah that is impression is i got. I certainly dont think he going to sit there and go through each individual one by one and confirm if they are part of his plans.

I expect him to discuss Bettinelli, Archer, Johnson, Kebano, Bolasie and Mendez-Laing.

Questions regarding under contract players I think he will rightly be coy on 

8 hours ago, Downsouth said:

Maybe in the minority but I think he has been over hyped and has yet still to learn when to pass the ball to a team mate.

You talking about Bolasie? 😉

Today was a bad day at the office - maybe a very bad day.

I've been here before, a time or three !!  Watching the Boro lose 0-4 at Ayresome was a salutary lesson on the first match of the season in 1953

I'll not be watching tonight to see how bad we were.  I always omit viewing again the bad days.

We seem to forget that last season was awful and Warnock saved us.  We've finished 10th

Boro fans have usually been the same - he's a great player - he's rubbish.  Often its the same player and two weeks apart

My advice would be relax have a good few weeks off, recharge the Boro batteries and see what next year brings

Of course I'm disappointed ............   ..........   but I'm sat wondering if I might go to Plymouth for a couple of games in July

Above all keep smiling

• Like 2
49 minutes ago, GrimsbyBoro said:

It’s not much of a story but thought it would at least be of interest to some on here. The 72 reporting we have been scouting in Denmark and Belgium 

I'm just happy we're scouting at all! 😁 Same old story that you can usually find similar or better quality players for your money in Europe.

On 5/4/2021 at 4:34 PM, TLF10 said:

That is not a quote I dont think? A quote would not start with “Warnock has discussed....”.

I think that is just lazy Journalism by EG and also Lazy journalism by them in not listing all the core players who clearly form part of squad next season.

well who the else said it hahah ? those words came from his mouth regarding the players 

2 minutes ago, Donnyboro said:

Junior hoilett expected to join us on a free 

The last winger we signed after playing with Warnock at Cardiff turned out so well... 

Another 31 year old looking a last pay day who hasn't performed in the last couple of years. Couldn't get into an average Cardiff team this season. 

So utterly unimaginative, like everything else this club does. 

(If it goes through of course)

• Like 2
8 minutes ago, Donnyboro said:

Junior hoilett expected to join us on a free 

Be a good signing defo better than what  we have , he’s only not been playing because they’ve switched to playing wing backs 

5 minutes ago, Neverbefore said:

The last winger we signed after playing with Warnock at Cardiff turned out so well... 

Another 31 year old looking a last pay day who hasn't performed in the last couple of years. Couldn't get into an average Cardiff team this season. 

So utterly unimaginative, like everything else this club does. 

(If it goes through of course)

• Downsouth changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Post Mortem Time""
  • Old Codger changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Sporar Tomorar?""