oneBoro Forum

Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Post Mortem Time""

I understand what Wilson is saying, but we desperately need at least one forward that isn't easily bullied off the ball. Don't care if they only score 5 goals a season if they can set up ten or more for others. If Watmore can get as many goals in half a season feeding off scraps, it would be interesting to see how he would do if someone gave him table service. don't care if they aren't cultured as long as they are effective. Until people start turning up, it is going to be mostly paper talk based on "who has he signed elsewhere"..  the last of the dead wood has gone, so now its up to who we replace them with. 

• Like 3
  • Replies 19.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Offer has been accepted bauser has had his critics but he has pulled masterstrokes on both of these.  Now over to you Leo!  Payero small issues look sorted should be an announcement tomorrow or f

Gibson doing a Gibson. Having another punt, pushing for Bolasie, this Argentinian and money available for a couple more. (Not a lot though) Spence going for £5m

Not been keeping up but Sporar should be sorted by Tuesday 

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Old Codger said:

I understand what Wilson is saying, but we desperately need at least one forward that isn't easily bullied off the ball. Don't care if they only score 5 goals a season if they can set up ten or more for others. If Watmore can get as many goals in half a season feeding off scraps, it would be interesting to see how he would do if someone gave him table service. don't care if they aren't cultured as long as they are effective. Until people start turning up, it is going to be mostly paper talk based on "who has he signed elsewhere"..  the last of the dead wood has gone, so now its up to who we replace them with. 

The pat in bold is Warnock-ball down to the bone. Hoof n' hope. We're finally getting rid of the last overpaid players from the Monk era an a perfect time to start afresh with some new ideas and a step in the right direction by building something that could last. But we're now giving the keys to a short-term retirement waiting to happen manager who plays an outdated form of football that make the eyes bleed and doens't look further forward than 12 months. It's an appalling decision from the club and you'd think they learned something from giving Pulis one year too long. It's not a winning formula, Steve, so change it.

22 minutes ago, Borodane said:

The pat in bold is Warnock-ball down to the bone. Hoof n' hope. We're finally getting rid of the last overpaid players from the Monk era an a perfect time to start afresh with some new ideas and a step in the right direction by building something that could last. But we're now giving the keys to a short-term retirement waiting to happen manager who plays an outdated form of football that make the eyes bleed and doens't look further forward than 12 months. It's an appalling decision from the club and you'd think they learned something from giving Pulis one year too long. It's not a winning formula, Steve, so change it.

He tried to keep pulis, he learned nothing from that time. 

20 minutes ago, Neverbefore said:

He tried to keep pulis, he learned nothing from that time. 

I know. Gibson probably thinks it was a succesful time and the fans enjoyed it.

3 hours ago, wilsoncgp said:

My worry is that he's not just buying players with little resale value on longer contracts but players who might play well in a Warnock team but do bugger all in a team managed by somebody else. He's here next season no question about that so if we can keep his long-term damage to a minimum, that'd be great.

Spot on 👍

• Like 1
On 5/9/2021 at 9:17 AM, GrimsbyBoro said:

It’s not much of a story but thought it would at least be of interest to some on here. The 72 reporting we have been scouting in Denmark and Belgium 

If we are scouting in Denmark and Belgium I hope we are looking at players like Raphael Holzhauser and Smail Prevljak, a creative spark and a proper Warnock striker respectively, that would certainly improve us at one end of the pitch and even though they may not necessarily be bargains they shouldn’t cost much more than what we spent on Akpom!

I think it would be harder to attract players from Denmark due to the higher opportunity of European football but if Brentford can attract them there’s no harm in us trying for players like Jesper Lindstrøm, Jonas Wind and Mads Frøkjær Jensen.

I find it bizarre if the club are looking in countries such as Denmark, Belgium etc. That they don’t also reach out and cooperate with the main fan group in that country once a season to maybe pass on a list of 4/5 players to take a look at. The people who watch the leagues week in week out and have done for years? 

Warnock should be giving a press conference tomorrow regarding which of out of contract players he wishes to keep and those that have left.

3 minutes ago, TLF10 said:

Warnock should be giving a press conference tomorrow regarding which of out of contract players he wishes to keep and those that have left.

There are only three out of contract players, aren't there?  Archer, Johnson and Mendez-Laing.

4 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

There are only three out of contract players, aren't there?  Archer, Johnson and Mendez-Laing.

Yep. And he will probs confirm if he wishes to look to sign any of Bettinelli, Bolasie and Kebano. 

And I imagine he will be asked about Holliett too

4 minutes ago, TLF10 said:

Yep. And he will probs confirm if he wishes to look to sign any of Bettinelli, Bolasie and Kebano. 

And I imagine he will be asked about Holliett too

I think Kebano is under contract until next summer, and I feel like any mystery surrounding Bettinelli has been removed after he was dropped.  Might find out if we've offered Bolasie anything yet or not.

• Downsouth changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Post Mortem Time""
  • Old Codger changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Sporar Tomorar?""