oneBoro Forum

Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Post Mortem Time""

8 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

What was the press conference supposed to be for?  I mean it can't be just to speak about out of contract players cos there's only a few?  Was it a round up of the season just gone and a look ahead to the summer kinda thing?

It was to talk about the out of contract players and players on loan apparently and our transfer strategy this summer (Constantly repeating himself). It took place about an hour ago apparently, however I've not seen any snippets come out from what was said.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Replies 19.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Offer has been accepted bauser has had his critics but he has pulled masterstrokes on both of these.  Now over to you Leo!  Payero small issues look sorted should be an announcement tomorrow or f

Gibson doing a Gibson. Having another punt, pushing for Bolasie, this Argentinian and money available for a couple more. (Not a lot though) Spence going for £5m

Not been keeping up but Sporar should be sorted by Tuesday 

Posted Images

i.e That thread basically says we have a young, progressive squad under a manager (and previous managers) who are old and not that way inclined. 

I hope we continue down the road we were aiming for with Woodgate after Warnock’s time is over. That was 100% the right way to go. The mistake Gibson made (shocking I know) he tried to change a clubs footballing philosophy from one major extreme to another with an inexperienced young coach.

I hope after Warnock, we go for a a manager/coach with clear success playing the way we want to move forward with. Although I’m certainly not getting my hopes up...

• Like 1

Also the thread creator claims Woodgate wanted Siriki Dembele from Peterborough, and *some* people in the club want to sign players under 26 on the rise, whereas other want instant experience and success. A club divided essentially 

46 minutes ago, Dan_Boro_Till_I_Die said:

Read this thread its very interesting and has some insight into the club and what they want and what Warnock wants

Good little read this.  Personally more than happy to give warnock his last season, massive improvement from last year, in league position and and the core of the team.  Fry McNair bola dyjesteel sav and tav, all upped their game I imagine because of warnock.  We need to be challenging to keep these players and who better than warnock to do that.  We do need improvements specially up top and a keeper is a must, two strikers two wingers and maybe a attack minded cm.  We had a lot of shocking descisons go against us hopefully we have a little more luck with that, get the fans back too.

8 minutes ago, DevKWat said:

i.e That thread basically says we have a young, progressive squad under a manager (and previous managers) who are old and not that way inclined. 

I hope we continue down the road we were aiming for with Woodgate after Warnock’s time is over. That was 100% the right way to go. The mistake Gibson made (shocking I know) he tried to change a clubs footballing philosophy from one major extreme to another with an inexperienced young coach.

I hope after Warnock, we go for a a manager/coach with clear success playing the way we want to move forward with. Although I’m certainly not getting my hopes up...

To be honest, the squad isn't that young.  That's the second place I've read that as the Gazette seemed to suggest it as well.  If you include every single player at the club then you can certainly lower the average, but our first team squad's average age is over 26, and that includes the likes of Brynn, Browne and Coulson, who have barely played at all for different reasons.  Spence has been the youngest first team regular and he's 20, then comes Tav at 22, Fry and Bola at 23 and Dijksteel at 24, although I wouldn't call 24 young personally.  13 of the regulars were 27 years of age or older by way of a comparison.  Our signings this season were 28, 28, 29, 27, 29, 29 (loan), 31 (loan), 29, 27, 25. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, DevKWat said:

Also the thread creator claims Woodgate wanted Siriki Dembele from Peterborough, and *some* people in the club want to sign players under 26 on the rise, whereas other want instant experience and success. A club divided essentially 

Peterborough were wanting £8m for him, that why we never went signed him lol. There were a few clubs after him, but it didn't take long for them to drop interest

12 hours ago, diggerlad07 said:

Management are going to watch Morecambe's play off games with a extremely close eye on Carlos Mendez Gomes with a view to a potential bid

Are we allowed to have Mendes Gomes and Mendez-Laing in the same team? Can guess what the back of the shirts look like!

Edited by sambaDTR
Just now, sambaDTR said:

Are we allowed to have Carlos Mendez Gomes and Carlos Mendez-Laing in the same team?!

Its Nathanial Mendez-Laing

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
7 hours ago, sambaDTR said:

Are we allowed to have Mendes Gomes and Mendez-Laing in the same team? Can guess what the back of the shirts look like!

Maddo is hoping we aren't.

• Haha 1
8 hours ago, sambaDTR said:

Carl and Nate? 😁

The meeting happened. The Gazette reported on it this morning...basically we're trying to get a striker and keeper in now as they're the positions we need filling most. That's about it. Assume they'll probably drip feed more over the next few days to fill columns.

• Like 1
  • Downsouth changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Post Mortem Time""
  • Old Codger changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Sporar Tomorar?""