oneBoro Forum

Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Post Mortem Time""

3 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

Certainly going by this season, yeah. I mean, he's definitely had some good seasons for Cardiff, he's looked nothing like that player here. Don't give a toss about the full pre-season thing in his regard, Bolasie came here with as many opportunities as NML had had this season and also was clearly not fit at the start. NML never looked match fit throughout and Bolasie was in good shape for the last 10 games or so.

I’ve got the wrong player I was on about akpom 😂

• Replies 19.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Offer has been accepted bauser has had his critics but he has pulled masterstrokes on both of these.  Now over to you Leo!  Payero small issues look sorted should be an announcement tomorrow or f

Gibson doing a Gibson. Having another punt, pushing for Bolasie, this Argentinian and money available for a couple more. (Not a lot though) Spence going for £5m

Not been keeping up but Sporar should be sorted by Tuesday 

Posted Images

8 minutes ago, SouthernSmoggie said:

Another weird stat from WhoScored: in terms of 'action zones,' we spend the highest % of time in the opposition third in the whole league. Combined with your stat and the one about touches in the box, that suggests we spend an awful lot of time lumping aimless crosses into the box to opposition defenders.

I think what it suggests more is that as soon as one of our defenders or keeper gets the ball, they pump it up to the final 3rd. No passing around at the back and missing out the midfield completely. Which I think fairly represents what we see.

• Like 2

I feel sorry for Akpom. Messi could have been upfront for us and he would have struggled. Constant long balls with very little service. I really doubt Toney would have got 10 goals in this team. Doubt Akpom felt great about getting called out in the press by Warnock every week either

• Like 1
Just now, Donnyboro said:

Footy insider linking us with Joe lumley would fit with what someone on here wrote English keeper mid 20s 

I say we don't get this deal done and we end up with bang avg fringe squad fillers for the season. Don't want to be too negative though 😆

7 minutes ago, SouthernSmoggie said:

Another weird stat from WhoScored: in terms of 'action zones,' we spend the highest % of time in the opposition third in the whole league. Combined with your stat and the one about touches in the box, that suggests we spend an awful lot of time lumping aimless crosses into the box to opposition defenders.

Another interesting stat regarding crosses is that we also had by an even larger margin the least amount of crosses put into our box, assuming I'm reading the stats correctly.

Some of that will come down to preventing those situations sure but it reads more to me like teams knew what our strength was defensively and actively tried to avoid putting crosses into our box. Across the season, we've attempted 1026 crosses and had only 629 attempted against us. In both situations, that's around 200 more/less than the average respectively.

So not only have we persisted in a tactic that everyone could see was failing, we've done it whilst the teams we've played have by and large done something different to get around the fact crosses generally won't work against us.

• Like 4
11 minutes ago, Donnyboro said:

Footy insider linking us with Joe lumley would fit with what someone on here wrote English keeper mid 20s 

Qprs second keeper .. not sure that's an upgrade!

• Wow 1
41 minutes ago, SouthernSmoggie said:

Or balls that miss everyone and end up going out of play. I remember a fair few of those too.

• Like 1
24 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

Another interesting stat regarding crosses is that we also had by an even larger margin the least amount of crosses put into our box, assuming I'm reading the stats correctly.

Some of that will come down to preventing those situations sure but it reads more to me like teams knew what our strength was defensively and actively tried to avoid putting crosses into our box. Across the season, we've attempted 1026 crosses and had only 629 attempted against us. In both situations, that's around 200 more/less than the average respectively.

So not only have we persisted in a tactic that everyone could see was failing, we've done it whilst the teams we've played have by and large done something different to get around the fact crosses generally won't work against us.

Don't worry - it'll work next season once Warnock has got all the players he wants. 😉

31 minutes ago, Donnyboro said:

Hopefully not confusing with Joanne Lumley

3 minutes ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

That Akpom news has really *** me off, Neil Warnock get the *** out of our club

Surprised you take that stance regarding Akpom. To me he is a limited footballer in the extreme. Seems to be regarded as taking up a valuable squad place offering little in return. He isn’t good enough for a side harbouring promotion aspirations.

Two issues- will there be any interest? Can we sign someone substantially better?

• Like 3

Honestly, if any players are actually paying attention to what's going on here, particular with akpom and our style of play, why on earth would they want to sign for us? Can think of only two reasons - they don't have any other options/their other options are even worse or they're coming for money. 

Both are recipe's for disaster. 

• Like 3
  • Downsouth changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Post Mortem Time""
  • Old Codger changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Sporar Tomorar?""