oneBoro Forum

Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Post Mortem Time""

1 minute ago, ManBearPig said:

The season hasn’t even begun and I’m already so switched off to more Warnock. Gibson deserves slating for giving us Pulis AND then Warnock and not learning from his mistakes. 

It's going to be a long, long season

• Like 1
  • Replies 19.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Offer has been accepted bauser has had his critics but he has pulled masterstrokes on both of these.  Now over to you Leo!  Payero small issues look sorted should be an announcement tomorrow or f

Gibson doing a Gibson. Having another punt, pushing for Bolasie, this Argentinian and money available for a couple more. (Not a lot though) Spence going for £5m

Not been keeping up but Sporar should be sorted by Tuesday 

Posted Images

1 minute ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

I think the fact there is a disconnect already within the fan base is worrying it'll only grow when not if things go wrong. I just cba with him potentially walking or going at the end of next season and then we are stuck with his players and his squad only to appoint someone like Alex Neil who i wouldn't mind to be stuck with another dinosaurs players. 

23 minutes ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

The problem isn't Akpom it's the way we play. He was scoring goals for fun in Greece and the Champions League, he clearly knows where the net is but he doesn't get the service the way NW plays. Then NW has the nerve to throw him under the bus for it? Sorry but that's not on.

18 goals for PAOK in 79 matches isnt scoring for fun and I don’t think he has scored in the Champions League. He’s an incredibly average footballer who played as striker for a top team in a poor league. 

• Like 4
26 minutes ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

Oh and another thing, if NML is keeping us as his backup option he can *** off, too

If NML actually is keeping us as his back up offer (i'm not convinced that's the case) why is he receiving treatment different to that of Fletcher?

Akpom was not all that prolific in Greece. He scored 6 one season and 10 another season in his 2 full seasons there. He scored 5 for us last season.

Certainly debate reason for signing him but dont think we or Warnock made him a poor player in terms of goals. So had he scored 1 or 2 more he would be averaging what he capable of these last few seasons.

I think there was a level of desperation in getting him when we signed him given we missed out on other targets. Yes Warnock said he was our no.1 target but I think that was just a manager trying to give a new player as much confidence as possible entering a new club. 

Its up to people if they want to be naive enough to believe that he was actually our no.1 target because every man and dog knows our main striker target last summer was Kieffer Moore

• Like 2
29 minutes ago, ManBearPig said:

The season hasn’t even begun and I’m already so switched off to more Warnock. Gibson deserves slating for giving us Pulis AND then Warnock and not learning from his mistakes. 

Hang on warnock was hailed as the messiah for keeping us up and until Jan things looked good. He rightly deserves at least another season.

22 minutes ago, Humpty said:

If NML actually is keeping us as his back up offer (i'm not convinced that's the case) why is he receiving treatment different to that of Fletcher?

Boro have offered him a contract, but hes holding off. Thats all i know, but its true 🙂

14 minutes ago, scotty189 said:

Hang on warnock was hailed as the messiah for keeping us up and until Jan things looked good. He rightly deserves at least another season.

Not everyone hailed him as a Messiah. A lot of us realised that we were just underperforming massively the rest of the season and any half competent manager should have been able to keep that squad up. He won 4 and lost 4. This season he won 18 and lost 18. There's a pattern - we play every game as a lottery. We're never ever getting promoted under Neil Warnock. 

• Like 5
39 minutes ago, Borodane said:

18 goals for PAOK in 79 matches isnt scoring for fun and I don’t think he has scored in the Champions League. He’s an incredibly average footballer who played as striker for a top team in a poor league. 

The way I see Akpom is that if he is in the right place at the right time then he scores trouble is he does not need to move for those goals as he seems incapable of making himself available and boy he does not half overkick a ball and the last time he dribbled was probably when he was a toddler!

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Borodane said:

He scored for PAOK in the CL literally a couple of days before he signed for us

Edit - sorry, it was an assist

Edited by Denzel Zanzibar

I think even with more service he wouldn't fair much better. The only loss with him going is how much we spent on/how much we'd get back. It was foolish of us to throw so much money at getting him here, you can't blame him for that. Just another poor show by the recruitment team for yet another season running.

1 hour ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

Pretty sure its going to be 46 games...same as usual... 🤪

But yeah...with a normal schedule instead of the insane Covid-crush of fixtures, its probably going to feel a lot longer.

25 minutes ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

He scored for PAOK in the CL literally a couple of days before he signed for us

Edit - sorry, it was an assist

So can we agree that he has never scored for fun? He’s a diabolical striker. 

1 hour ago, TLF10 said:

Its up to people if they want to be naive enough to believe that he was actually our no.1 target because every man and dog knows our main striker target last summer was Kieffer Moore

I don't think anybody really cares if he was or wasn't our first choice. It's about judging the comments of our manager for the most part. Warnock has, in the same season, said Akpom was his first choice and then tried to put as much distance between that judgement and himself after it became clear he wasn't what he was looking for.

I don't know if we would have signed Akpom if COVID wasn't a thing, I could even give him the benefit of the doubt and say no we wouldn't have. But he is still a responsible party in us spending £3m on a player we ultimately don't want.

It's the comments like him saying he sits with the recruitment team and can tell within 5 seconds that a player can't defend regardless of why the scouts decide to present them to him. It's funny how he can so easily dismiss their concerns on that front but apparently go so far as to say that a player he now doesn't want was his first choice. We wouldn't have heard a sodding thing about the problems with COVID and the recruitment/scouts if he'd banged in the goals because he wouldn't want to distance himself from a good thing.

• Like 1
  • Downsouth changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Post Mortem Time""
  • Old Codger changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Sporar Tomorar?""