oneBoro Forum

Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Post Mortem Time""

4 minutes ago, Oldham boro said:

I think we should rotate between Tav and wing. Tav is first choice but use wing as back up.

Wing could be effective if we had decent movement going forward around him, and a target man. 

he can pick a pass, but others have to do the type of running that is needed in the no 10 roll

• Like 1
  • Replies 19.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Offer has been accepted bauser has had his critics but he has pulled masterstrokes on both of these.  Now over to you Leo!  Payero small issues look sorted should be an announcement tomorrow or f

Gibson doing a Gibson. Having another punt, pushing for Bolasie, this Argentinian and money available for a couple more. (Not a lot though) Spence going for £5m

Not been keeping up but Sporar should be sorted by Tuesday 

Posted Images

Just now, Changing Times said:

I know they did, and then it went up by £11m in the year that they won promotion.  It's no issue for me other than to point out that Cardiff didn't get promoted through Warnock finding bargains.

im not fan of warnock, but they did get promoted with bargin signings, bamba, holliet, patterson, mendez lang, etheridge, bennett, damour were all free signings. 

they are bargins despite their wage (even with most of them being on low wages anway) becauce of how much it would cost if you were to  buy a player of similar standard. the wage would probably be the same along with a few million in fees.

23 minutes ago, tmcc said:

im not fan of warnock, but they did get promoted with bargin signings, bamba, holliet, patterson, mendez lang, etheridge, bennett, damour were all free signings. 

they are bargins despite their wage (even with most of them being on low wages anway) becauce of how much it would cost if you were to  buy a player of similar standard. the wage would probably be the same along with a few million in fees.

They are bargains despite their wages?  🤔

It was bizarre we sent Wing on loan when we needed points. The one player who can score a Worldy or a free kick which could make the difference in a tight game. But no, we loan him out.

• Like 1

I am not saying the same people praising Wing are the same ones who criticised him but i find it odd when he was here those who were not his fans drowned out those who wer his fans but when he loaned out those who support him seem more vocal than those who are not his biggest fans

Absence makes the heart grow fonder i guess...

Just now, TLF10 said:

I am not saying the same people praising Wing are the same ones who criticised him but i find it odd when he was here those who were not his fans drowned out those who wer his fans but when he loaned out those who support him seem more vocal than those who are not his biggest fans

I still think he's rubbish it that helps 👍 

• Like 2
4 minutes ago, TLF10 said:

I don't see what wing offers other than the odd screamer. Everytime I watched him in Boro shirt, it reminded me of Arsenal playing with 10 men having Ozil in the latter stages of his contract. Just doesn't offer enough and doesn't get involved in the general play and shy's out of matches.

Rotherham are a struggling team in the need of creation so that's why he shone (same could be said for us lacking creation but for me he's far too inconsistent).

• Like 1

I always felt that Wing played his best football when Tav was also playing and interestingly vice versa. The two seemed to have an intuitive understanding between them, running into spaces, anticipating that the other was on the same wavelength.

• Like 1
Just now, Neverbefore said:

Can't be having that become a habit. Shall we discuss the merits of playing out from the back?

There are no merits to that whatsoever 🙄

4 hours ago, Mr_Maz said:

Wing could be effective if we had decent movement going forward around him, and a target man. 

he can pick a pass, but others have to do the type of running that is needed in the no 10 roll

He needs to be free from any defensive duties (beyond an initial press) because that's where he struggles. He can help with a press because despite his weird running gait, he apparently is actually one of the fittest in the squad, he just looks like he's constantly running through treacle.

I just don't want him having to track back very far or do any sort of tackle, the man can't tackle his way out of a wet paper bag. 

But I love him all the same.

• Like 2
9 hours ago, Brunners said:

He needs to be free from any defensive duties (beyond an initial press) because that's where he struggles. He can help with a press because despite his weird running gait, he apparently is actually one of the fittest in the squad, he just looks like he's constantly running through treacle.

I just don't want him having to track back very far or do any sort of tackle, the man can't tackle his way out of a wet paper bag. 

But I love him all the same.

If you think pressing is his problem then we’re watching a different player. Besides pressing and tackling I can add pace and technique. He offers very little apart from a screamer now and then. If we want to be a lower half club then by all means keep him. If we genuinely want to challenge for a top 6 then get rid. 

• Downsouth changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Post Mortem Time""
  • Old Codger changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Sporar Tomorar?""