• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Offer has been accepted bauser has had his critics but he has pulled masterstrokes on both of these.  Now over to you Leo!  Payero small issues look sorted should be an announcement tomorrow or f

Gibson doing a Gibson. Having another punt, pushing for Bolasie, this Argentinian and money available for a couple more. (Not a lot though) Spence going for £5m

Not been keeping up but Sporar should be sorted by Tuesday 

Posted Images

14 minutes ago, GrimsbyBoro said:

I would like to see us move for Roman Curtis. Bit of a gamble but been good in league 1 for a couple of seasons now.

I was looking at him and you are right he has been good for a few seasons and surprised no one at this level took a chance on him.

But i remember being very vocal about clubs being stupid for not taking a chance on Marcus Maddison. I was proved wrong there.

• Haha 1

A player who I've been impressed with this season is Jorge Grant from Lincoln. If they don't get promoted i'd imagine a few clubs will be looking. 13 goals and 8 assists for them this season.

9 minutes ago, TLF10 said:

I was looking at him and you are right he has been good for a few seasons and surprised no one at this level took a chance on him.

But i remember being very vocal about clubs being stupid for not taking a chance on Marcus Maddison. I was proved wrong there.

I think Maddison was probably more off the field issues than ability.

• Like 2
9 minutes ago, TLF10 said:

Me too 😂

To be fair it sounds like he could have moved to Charlton whilst they were in the Championship but Peterborough blocked it and he basically downed tools. Since then he never really got back to the level he was at. Hasn't he recently said he was going to retire altogether?

23 minutes ago, DanFromDownSouth said:

Me too 😂

To be fair it sounds like he could have moved to Charlton whilst they were in the Championship but Peterborough blocked it and he basically downed tools. Since then he never really got back to the level he was at. Hasn't he recently said he was going to retire altogether?

Yeah he has. Think poor lad been suffering mentally. Hopefully he overcomes that.

14 hours ago, sambaDTR said:

We’ve all watched our team for the last few years and we have never had a target man since Mark Viduka, and maybe Bamford. Forget the goals, they are a bonus. A target man holds the ball up, doesn’t lose possession easily, backs in, flicks the ball on, brings the midfield and wingers into play. They are scarce in top league football because it is all about boring five yards passes but ideal in the lower leagues like the Championship, they are gold dust. I’ve watched this year and I like Smith, Ikpeazu and Ched Evans.  Diedhiou would be the best as he can hold the ball up and would score more goals. Whoever we get must surely be an improvement on Britt, Fletcher and Gestede.

Wasn't Gestede a target man? 

Each of the players you like there are playing for teams that finished below us, and actually scored fewer goals than we did, despite us 'not having any strikers', which makes me wonder just how effective they actually are?  This fascination with big lumps up front is baffling to me.  I get it from Warnock, cos he's been doing this for 30 years, and has built his career on it for the most part.  But why are fans arsed about that kind of thing?  It's like Kieffer Moore, the one that 'got away' for us.  Look at the season he's had, 20 goals 4th top scorer, smashing.  However, Cardiff got more points and scored more goals last season without him than they did this season with him.  If the argument is that a player like that makes the whole team better then that hasn't been the case with Cardiff this season, although he himself has had a nice season.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Mr_Maz said:

Daily Mail reporting we're after James Collins on a free, along with usual set of clubs.

7af81a68655ec88b30a4862268d83178.thumb.jpg.3a20bf6370945897e04240f927c6ac4f.jpg

That would be a tasty little signing...

• Haha 1
  • Downsouth changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Post Mortem Time""
  • Old Codger changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Sporar Tomorar?""