• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Offer has been accepted bauser has had his critics but he has pulled masterstrokes on both of these.  Now over to you Leo!  Payero small issues look sorted should be an announcement tomorrow or f

Gibson doing a Gibson. Having another punt, pushing for Bolasie, this Argentinian and money available for a couple more. (Not a lot though) Spence going for £5m

Not been keeping up but Sporar should be sorted by Tuesday 

Posted Images

James Collins, Michael Smith or Charlie Wyke as the back up target man would not be a bad. Curently Collins would be my favoured option as he hit double figures twice at this level for 2 seasons running.

@Smogzilla. I was thinking who in gods name is gonna take Chuba off us after his ineffective season but as that article said, Hull is a good shout. He been on loan there before.

• Like 1

I know we need 2-3 strikers this summer but I'd like to see us looking at our first choice strikers right now and, in fact, I'm quite worried that we already are.

Those names, Collins, Smith, Wyke, none of them sound to me like they'll make such a significant impact on this team that we will be battling at the very top end of the division. These are all strikers entering or are in their prime age and as far as I can tell, no other team with those kind of ambitions next season are looking at these guys and thinking they're ready for that.

I could be wrong about them, if they sign I'll 100% give them the chance to prove me wrong as I would any player. But hesitant isn't a strong enough word to explain how I feel about giving them a 2-3 year deal here. I wouldn't expect them to hit the ground running or fire us to promotion and though it's still very early days in the window, I would not be at all shocked to see either of them being given the #9 shirt and be Warnock's main man going into next season.

• Like 2
18 minutes ago, TLF10 said:

James Collins, Michael Smith or Charlie Wyke as the back up target man would not be a bad. Curently Collins would be my favoured option as he hit double figures twice at this level for 2 seasons running.

@Smogzilla. I was thinking who in gods name is gonna take Chuba off us after his ineffective season but as that article said, Hull is a good shout. He been on loan there before.

What standard of target man are you expecting @TLF10 if you think that they would only be back up?

• Like 1

@Blanco that tbf if a good question.

Maybe back up is the wrong term. Maybe the correct term is one of them 3 along with someone who can be interchanged.

I just dont feel them 3 as your main striker are gonna have you pushing you promotion.

But them plus another sharing the burden could work because as you said, there probably is not a target man who can get you the 15 goals plus alone you need.

So might need to rely on two strikers who can both hit double figures.

I know Diedhiou not everyones cuppa of tea but bar this season he got double figures in each of his season at Bristol. If he wants to be sensible with his wages of course

If he and say collins came, both on a free, I would be confident both with the right service could get between 10-13 goals each. 

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, TLF10 said:

Maybe back up is the wrong term. Maybe the correct term is one of them 3 along with someone who can be interchanged.

I just dont feel them 3 as your main striker are gonna have you pushing you promotion.

But them plus another sharing the burden could work because as you said, there probably is not a target man who can get you the 15 goals plus alone you need.

I know Diedhiou not everyones cuppa of tea but bar this season he got double figures in each of his season at Bristol. If he wants to be sensible with his wages of course

If he and say collins came, both on a free, I would be confident both with the right service could get between 10-13 goals each. 

That’s fair comment. Two new strikers getting 10 + goals each along with Watmore who I think will beat this season’s tally would improve us. 

13 minutes ago, TLF10 said:

Fair enough but what biscuits do you like?

• Haha 4

It's true, I don't think we need to have a 20 goal striker. But we need to score more goals. Whatever strikers we bring in ultimately have to help us toward that goal. In this team, the best thing they can do is help to link up the direct play, to win the headers, the flick-ons, the knock-downs, to better support the players around them. Grabbing 10-15 goals themselves would be a bonus on top of that.

• Like 3

When getting promoted automatically:

Watford's top scorer got 13.

West Brom's top scorer had 10 goals.

Cardiff's top scorer had 10 goals.

Our top scorer had 8 goals.

Goals certainly help, but you definitely don't "need" a 20+ striker.

• Like 1

Signing one of these strikers will be alright but we can't make a whole strike force out of them we need a main man that has the ability and potential to play/score in the premiership for when we win promotion. Otherwise we end up with having to change the whole squad for the prem again. These guys are too old for that

4 hours ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

Preferred the jammy ones myself. Also I swear they got smaller (and I didn't just get bigger!) as the tagline was "You've got to grin to fit it in!"

Got some wagon wheels recently and thought they'd got smaller too, so I'm pretty sure you're right and they have.

4 minutes ago, DurhamRed said:

Signing one of these strikers will be alright but we can't make a whole strike force out of them we need a main man that has the ability and potential to play/score in the premiership for when we win promotion. Otherwise we end up with having to change the whole squad for the prem again. These guys are too old for that

DR I hope you handle disappointment well, actually being a Boro supporter you probably do after all the practice. There is no way we are in a financial position to buy a striker that is capable of playing in the Premier. The only way to go down that road would be to have the scouting prowess to bring in an unknown with promise and I don’t think any of us have that level of confidence 

• Like 1
  • Downsouth changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Post Mortem Time""
  • Old Codger changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Sporar Tomorar?""