• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Offer has been accepted bauser has had his critics but he has pulled masterstrokes on both of these.  Now over to you Leo!  Payero small issues look sorted should be an announcement tomorrow or f

Gibson doing a Gibson. Having another punt, pushing for Bolasie, this Argentinian and money available for a couple more. (Not a lot though) Spence going for £5m

Not been keeping up but Sporar should be sorted by Tuesday 

Posted Images

That's around £30m potentially if those values were achieved. My figures would concur with them as well so if realised that would be a significant war chest at this level or it may just simply keep the Clubs head above water keeping in mind that Bulkhaul will have suffered during Covid and Rockliffe will have been decimated.

These sources are basically fan blogs who make stuff up to get clicks. They basically decided it would be a nice idea like one on YouTube would do stating the 4 most likely to leave and 4 most likely to come. It's made up nonsense with no substance. 

Mcnair has to be 10 + million 

Tav 15 + million

Fry 20+ million

Spence 5 million 

9 minutes ago, mendieta420 said:

I think McNair is overrated. He's poor in a back 2.. in the right line-up he's OK in a back 3.. and very inconsistent when in midfield. 5m is a great deal.

Correct. His delivery is an outstanding attribute at this level...that bumps his price up. He's an average centre half and an inconsistent midfielder.

4 minutes ago, Humpty said:

I'm surprised how much Fry is being under rated. Quality, english centre halves are a big commodity in the Premier League.

Very true. Only need to look at us without him this season to realise how much he’s improved aswell. Wouldn’t take anything else than the 23m Webster from bristol city went to Brighton 

Yeah I’ve said a few times this year that if we have to generate funds the. McNair should be the player to go. It’s really out of him, Fry and Tav that would generate significant sums.

As others have mentioned, he’s done decent at CB but at the same time, probably very replaceable. He’s then average in midfield.

my only concern is that if we are challenging for playoffs next year, we need quality and strength in depth. Imo that’s one of the reasons we’ve struggled this year. 

Surprised people are rating Paddy at 5m. I would not be selling him for any les than a 8 figure sum.

I look at someone like Josh Brownhill at Burnley who done well since he stepped up but was he any better at this level for Bristol City than Paddy has been for us. I dont think so. And Burnley paid £9m.

Paddy is a versatile player which is a more welcome than ever given teams like to play various formations. Think we under selling Paddy at £5m myself.  

my figures are probs best reflected by @Mr_Maz.

Paddy: £10m

Fry: £15m+

Tav: £15m+

Spence: £4m+

• Like 1

I'm not really sure why we would be happy to sell McNair for 5 seen as that's around what we paid Sunderland for to sign him in the first place.

I'd say he's certainly worth closer to £10 million than 5.

17 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

I'd be shocked given Warnock's stance on him that McNair would be sacrificed for anything below £8m.

Should know by now not to take warnocks media stance on anything as any kind of indication!

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

McNair doesn’t surprise me. Poor defender in all honesty, replaceable at CB. Above average in midfield but again replaceable considering the fee we’d get. Makes sense. 

The people saying £5m for McNair must be joking? That’s what we paid and has just had his best season for the club. He is probably widely known as our best player which means he is seen to everyone else as the most valuable. He doesn’t go for under 8 figures under any circumstances.

You have to take advantage of wider hype and perception. How common is a ball playing CB with 7 assists? 

• Like 6
  • Downsouth changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Post Mortem Time""
  • Old Codger changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Sporar Tomorar?""