oneBoro Forum

Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Post Mortem Time""

4 minutes ago, Redcar Rioja said:

We can't blame SG for being stuck in the 90's then ask him to bring back an ex Player with zero knowledge of the Championship or the opponents he would be facing every week.

Or how to manage. The ultimate nostalgia appointment. I don't even know if Juninho did coaching qualifications, he was president at Ituano for a while when Doriva was manager, I believe, that seems to be the extent of his football qualifications since retiring from playing.

Doriva would at least have experience alongside some nostalgia. Though according to his wiki, whilst he did once manage Sao Paulo, his tenure was shorter than some of his spells elsewhere. Which is truly saying something as he has managed 13 clubs in Brazil in the 5 years between 2014 and 2019.

• Like 1
  • Replies 19.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Offer has been accepted bauser has had his critics but he has pulled masterstrokes on both of these.  Now over to you Leo!  Payero small issues look sorted should be an announcement tomorrow or f

Gibson doing a Gibson. Having another punt, pushing for Bolasie, this Argentinian and money available for a couple more. (Not a lot though) Spence going for £5m

Not been keeping up but Sporar should be sorted by Tuesday 

Posted Images

Last I heard of Juninho, he was national team co-ordinator (whatever that might mean) for Brazil, so probably on decent money and would obviously lack experience with the cultured skilful types we have on our books.  Being serious, does that sound like a sort of DoF thing or is it something totally different?  

3 minutes ago, Old Codger said:

Last I heard of Juninho, he was national team co-ordinator (whatever that might mean) for Brazil, so probably on decent money and would obviously lack experience with the cultured skilful types we have on our books.  Being serious, does that sound like a sort of DoF thing or is it something totally different?  

Sounds something more akin to Neil Maddison's role at the Boro. Like a liaison between the national team and the potential players, something like that.

• Like 1
55 minutes ago, TLF10 said:

I totally agree CT. But I am grateful for people advocating my appointment as the new manager.

Oh right, if they meant you then you're a shoe-in as far as I'm concerned 👍

32 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

Sounds something more akin to Neil Maddison's role at the Boro. Like a liaison between the national team and the potential players, something like that.

Out of Juninho and Maddison, who is most likely to pronounce a name correctly?

• Haha 1

So much negativity on here! Would I prefer some superstar manager with free-flowing football-minded tactics? Obviously yes. But we're in the Championship. And we have Mr Championship himself; Warnock. If this is going to work we need to let him bring in players that suit his brand of football. As long as we do it on the cheap, I'm absolutely fine with this. Personally quite excited to see how the next couple months develop.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I'd love us to be looking at Grant (Lincoln) looks a very good player, plays centrally, either as a 10 or deeper, but early in his career played out wide a lot.

He seems to be a player that is a bit of a late bloomer, in terms of not getting regular minutes until he was 21/22 (on loan). But since going to Lincoln he's seen regular minutes and is performing very well too. 

I know he signed a long term deal in Jan 2021, so not sure what kind of fee Lincoln would be looking for. But he'd be a proper good option for a number of positions for us, and would be a very different option to what we have in midfield currently.

• Like 2
2 hours ago, DanFromDownSouth said:

I'd love us to be looking at Grant (Lincoln) looks a very good player, plays centrally, either as a 10 or deeper, but early in his career played out wide a lot.

He seems to be a player that is a bit of a late bloomer, in terms of not getting regular minutes until he was 21/22 (on loan). But since going to Lincoln he's seen regular minutes and is performing very well too. 

I know he signed a long term deal in Jan 2021, so not sure what kind of fee Lincoln would be looking for. But he'd be a proper good option for a number of positions for us, and would be a very different option to what we have in midfield currently.

Yes we certainly need to be thinking outside the box.

3 hours ago, DanFromDownSouth said:

30+? 

Over 6 foot? 

Worse than Jordan Rhodes on the ball? 

Don't think he'll be a target for us this summer by the looks mate

• Like 1

Don’t think it’s been mentioned but Millwall are after Lumley.

also an unnamed championship team have looked at William Boyle. Big centre back with a few goals in him.

Don’t know anything about him and it’s probably not us but hey it’s prewindow

I mentioned a while back about what would attract players to come to us in comparison to other teams “at our level”. 

After the good training facilities there weren’t any other suggestions. 

We need to attract players to play with a vision of excitement and something that will get the riverside bouncing. Would you want to sign for hoofball and a groan filled riverside?? 

I wish I had the optimism of some of the members thinking that magically we will go against our norm for this transfer window. Expect more “players to drift”, players out of “boro’s budget” and “stalling talks” to be a common theme. 

Even IF by some mirical you wanted to sign for us, wouldn’t you be on borrowed time whilst Warnock is only here for one more season? Added to that how he’s thrown players like Akpom under the bus, I’ll ask again. What about us as the moment is an attractive option? 

🧐

• Like 1
  • Downsouth changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Post Mortem Time""
  • Old Codger changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Sporar Tomorar?""