oneBoro Forum

Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Post Mortem Time""

53 minutes ago, diggerlad07 said:

Pointless signing imo

Bit like the NML signing for me. Really hard to get excited when people are gutted about missing out on players like Collins too. We had two strikers better than him, and couldn't even get them firing 

• Like 1
  • Replies 19.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Offer has been accepted bauser has had his critics but he has pulled masterstrokes on both of these.  Now over to you Leo!  Payero small issues look sorted should be an announcement tomorrow or f

Gibson doing a Gibson. Having another punt, pushing for Bolasie, this Argentinian and money available for a couple more. (Not a lot though) Spence going for £5m

Not been keeping up but Sporar should be sorted by Tuesday 

Posted Images

Junior Hoilett who has had one decent season his whole career 4 years ago and turns 31 in a few days. 

Great stuff.

Just need Johnson to resign and we have our first choice wingers for next season.

• Haha 1
48 minutes ago, Donnyboro said:

I’d rather hoilett than see spence on the winger again 😂

If it's small wages and he's not a starter and on a 1year contract, then I understand the move as a squad filler but honestly this signing just sums us up as a club.

Football is going to be absolutely horrible to watch next season and worse than having Spence in our team...😂 Thankfully he's on his way out for 50p

1 minute ago, diggerlad07 said:

If it's small wages and he's not a starter and on a 1year contract, then I understand the move as a squad filler but honestly this signing just sums us up as a club.

Football is going to be absolutely horrible to watch next season and worse than having Spence in our team...😂 Thankfully he's on his way out for 50p

You just know he'll be a top earner on a three year contract.

• Haha 1
41 minutes ago, Riverside94 said:

Let’s just calm down and see what the teams like when the window shuts

But where would be the fun in that?

A couple of months of feverish speculation and arguments, followed by ultimate disappointment when we finally see who we've signed is just a normal summer, right? 

Where is the Holliett link that he has signed from come from or is this just us having a meltdown based on what some user has said on another forum?

18 hours ago, Redcar Rioja said:

TLF might get some patience from the over 40's and even then I'd give it until January before the knives were out for playing attractive football but just two points off the relegation places. The Championship isn't where TLF played for us and apart from that Football has changed a lot since his time in England which is the same stick used to beat Warnock with albeit their philosophies would be different.

We can't blame SG for being stuck in the 90's then ask him to bring back an ex Player with zero knowledge of the Championship or the opponents he would be facing every week.

But how many managers who are both relatively young, have recent Championship experience AND would be willing to manage us can you think of?

I think all this talk of potential managers having to have knowledge of the Championship is rubbish.

How much knowledge of the Championship do you suppose Daniel Farke had before he came to Norwich? Or some of Watford's recent managers? Or Brentford's manager...or Barnsley's manager?

Look at what Karanka did for us.

We have "Mr Championship" as our manager and look where we ended up...

Good football is good football and will work in most leagues, with the odd bit of tweaking.

Edited by AnglianRed
  • Like 2

So long as there's competition for his place, I'm okay with it. We need 4 wide options, we currently have zero/one - depending where you see Watmore - with Bolasie, NML, Kebano, and Johnson all leaving. Hoilett as one of the four is fine. Not amazing. But fine. 

• Like 1
41 minutes ago, TLF10 said:

Where is the Holliett link that he has signed from come from or is this just us having a meltdown based on what some user has said on another forum?

It's a notoriously unreliable and strange poster on FMTTM, he hasn't got a clue.

• Downsouth changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Post Mortem Time""
  • Old Codger changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Sporar Tomorar?""