• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Offer has been accepted bauser has had his critics but he has pulled masterstrokes on both of these.  Now over to you Leo!  Payero small issues look sorted should be an announcement tomorrow or f

Gibson doing a Gibson. Having another punt, pushing for Bolasie, this Argentinian and money available for a couple more. (Not a lot though) Spence going for £5m

Not been keeping up but Sporar should be sorted by Tuesday 

Posted Images

8 minutes ago, TLF10 said:

I think Lumley coming in as No.1 is a bit underwhelming given he was QPR no.2 BUT i think lad could prove to a good no.1.

GKs are a bit odd in that they can come from no where and perform well.

I look at the lad at Brighton Sanchez who was in lower leagues and is now they no.1 and been called up to Spain national squad. 

The lad Dieng at QPR. Now being linked with 8 figure moves to PL. Last season he was on loan at Dundee and considered QPRs 3rd choice keeper

I was gonna say Dieng is too good for the Championship so I wouldn't hold falling behind him in the pecking order against him.

24 minutes ago, Youngy228 said:

Feel a bit out of the loop in the transfer window.  Just seen Marcus Maddison (who many wanted us to take a chance on) has signed for Spalding United 😵

good for him, he needs something to help him fall back in love with the game.

• Like 1
11 hours ago, SmogDane said:

My mate who is a QPR fan, says Lumley is still young for a keeper and thinks he will do well for us. 

Not the best at crosses and set pieces into the box but is good at shot stopping and 1v1's. 

I wish him luck and hope he will be good for us!

Neither was Given or Schwarzer from memory although i still class them as brilliant keepers for us. 

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

I really hope Lumley has been signed as backup, no way do we go up if he's #1 choice. Typical Boro that we sign a player who had one great game against us.

He had a great game, Warnock saw it, Warnock thinks he's great. Who needs Opta stats or a scouting network?

14 minutes ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

I really hope Lumley has been signed as backup, no way do we go up if he's #1 choice. Typical Boro that we sign a player who had one great game against us.

I'm leaning this way. I agree with what CT said, by and large, he made saves you'd expect a professional keeper to make during that game against QPR. Keeper is the position you really shouldn't be taking risks with. That said, we have means to work within and beggars can't be choosers.

Some rare positivity from me, but I don't have a problem with the Lumley signing at all. He's young for a keeper, on a free, has a point to prove and by all accounts has a good attitude.

We know we don't have the cash to go out and buy ready-made promotion winners. What we need to do is get behind the lads that come in and hope they can form a good team bond and build their confidence. If we have a successful season, it will be because of good team spirit and motivation, not from individual brilliance.

Let's give the new lads a chance to prove themselves.

• Like 11
20 minutes ago, RiseAgainst said:

He had a great game, Warnock saw it, Warnock thinks he's great. Who needs Opta stats or a scouting network?

This was my first thought too. "Ey, only reason we lost today was that young keeper, you get me? Sign him, we walk this league."

I wouldn't worry though, proper football men don't need poncy numbers to know what's what 💪🍺

• Like 1

I just rewatched the saves he made against us and I think it's a little harsh to call them "saves a keeper should make" they were both excellent reaction saves from close range that are harder than they look.

• Like 6
1 hour ago, Humpty said:

I'm leaning this way. I agree with what CT said, by and large, he made saves you'd expect a professional keeper to make during that game against QPR. Keeper is the position you really shouldn't be taking risks with. That said, we have means to work within and beggars can't be choosers.

if the internet was about when steve pears signed all the ayresome angels would saying he cant kick and doesnt command his area, hes to small blah blah.

i'm buzzing we have signed a keeper who can actually save something.

bettinelli went down in stages, if a shot never accidently hit him, it was a goal. we lost games 3-0 and every shot a keeper like randolf would have saved comfortably(rotherham, preston?). he sucked the life out of the team. because they knew if the opposition had a shot it was in. sign another cb who can defend unlike paddy and we'll be back to a defense that never concedes. just need to add goals. heaven help us with that.

• Like 1

Could it be possible....

That this year we have learnt from past mistakes.  Maybe we are getting in a few bodies early to ensure we actually have a squad.  Maybe the first few coming in our not our main targets but squad players who could do a job.  We can't really get to the stage this year where we try for all our top targets - wait around and get turned down leaving us with the thinnest of squads and having to pay over the odds at the end of the window for people we didn't particularly want?

We will no doubt have a budget of £????. Warnock sees us needing 8-9 players.  Maybe he's trying to get 4-5 in cheaply to leave the majority of his budget for later in the window.  Or maybe he's been told you have got 2 million for player transfers + their wages and anything above that has to come after we sell?

19 hours ago, Changing Times said:

I wish you'd said that before I got his name printed on the back of my shirt 😭

No I had Wing on the back of mine as it was £8.00 cheaper than Assombalonga An if Job was still playing for us it would have been Job 

• Haha 2
2 hours ago, RiseAgainst said:

At the end of the day, the buck stops with the manager. They have to do what they feel is right and be judged on the results they deliver. 🤷‍♂️

• Downsouth changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Post Mortem Time""
  • Old Codger changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Sporar Tomorar?""