oneBoro Forum

Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Post Mortem Time""

3 minutes ago, DanFromDownSouth said:
11 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

4 (League Two), 5 (Split between One and Two), 7 (League One), 8 (Championship), 9 (League One), 10 (Championship).  

Slowly getting better then. He might get us 11 goals next season at that rate! 

Must admit it really frustrates me that it doesn't go perfectly in order (4,5,6,7,8,9)! 😡

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Replies 19.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Offer has been accepted bauser has had his critics but he has pulled masterstrokes on both of these.  Now over to you Leo!  Payero small issues look sorted should be an announcement tomorrow or f

Gibson doing a Gibson. Having another punt, pushing for Bolasie, this Argentinian and money available for a couple more. (Not a lot though) Spence going for £5m

Not been keeping up but Sporar should be sorted by Tuesday 

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, Boro Banker said:

Don’t know if already said, but Watford have given Fletcher a 5 year contract?! Very strange decision from them. 

Maybe they figure if they give him a 5 year deal they might get a season's worth of games out of him.

• Haha 4

Whilst I wouldn’t want to see long ball football anymore at boro, I’d at least want to see people who can play that style of tactics rather than a fancy name who wouldn’t. 

Give me an unfashionable name but if they got Warnocks blessing then this is where we are. Might as well give him the tools he wants and then blame is fully and only on him. 

Then we can move on to the next manager and repeat the cycle of calamity all over again 🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
27 minutes ago, Boro Banker said:

Don’t know if already said, but Watford have given Fletcher a 5 year contract?! Very strange decision from them. 

Maybe not.. might be on reasonable wages which means if he does get better (if) they have him on lower wages and tied down for 5 years, or can ask a higher fee for him with having a long contract .... kinda what we should have done 

6 hours ago, Boro Banker said:

Not really. They can can sell him on if it doesn't work out and make a profit out of a free transfer.

15 hours ago, wilsoncgp said:

Another thing worth mentioning though is when Vardy signed for Leicester, they already had Waghorn, Gallagher, Beckford and Nugent. They signed Chris Wood in the January, Futacs in the summer and had Schlupp and Hopper coming through the ranks. So when Vardy signed, he was basically challenging what was already there, he had to work hard to even get in the team. They had plenty of attacking players to choose from if it didn't work out when they signed him and it was £1m on a non-League player, he probably didn't demand much in wages at the time.

The strikers we sign right now may well have to do the business. I mean hell, if they're not gonna be here to do the business right now then when the hell are they gonna do it. I don't know about you but I'm pretty convinced Collins was and Smith is intended to be the #9, to be the main focal point of the team.

I also think it's quite harsh with regards to Britt to say he didn't perform. He wasn't a £15m striker but Warnock is the first manager in his time here who couldn't get a scoring tune out of him, even bloody Pulis managed it.

Definitely. I think Britt has been getting a bit of unfair stick. He managed 15 goals in his first season, 14 in his second and even bagged 11 when we nearly got relegated under Woody. This is the first season he's really struggled to find the net...which probably says more about the management and tactics employed, than his goalscoring ability.

• Like 4
1 minute ago, AnglianRed said:

Definitely. I think Britt has been getting a bit of unfair stick. He managed 15 goals in his first season, 14 in his second and even bagged 11 when we nearly got relegated under Woody. This is the first season he's really struggled to find the net...which probably says more about the management and tactics being employed, than his goalscoring ability.

Or his “I’m in my last year and I couldn’t give a toss” attitude?

15 hours ago, Changing Times said:

Jesus, that transfer window thread would have broken the site.  Yeah it's disappointing that we've missed out on Jese, Bojan and Snodgrass but we have signed this bloke from League Two who has scored three goals this season 👍

Hence my pessimism on our chances next season. I simply don't see Warnock being able to assemble a strong enough squad.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Blanco said:

Or his “I’m in my last year and I couldn’t give a toss” attitude?

He probably stopped giving a toss when he realised the manager was never going to use him in a way that played to his strengths. Being the last year of his contract may well have added to that feeling.

• Like 1
12 minutes ago, AnglianRed said:

Definitely. I think Britt has been getting a bit of unfair stick. He managed 15 goals in his first season, 14 in his second and even bagged 11 when we nearly got relegated under Woody. This is the first season he's really struggled to find the net...which probably says more about the management and tactics employed, than his goalscoring ability.

He scored 6 under Woodgate and had failed to score in his final 11 games under him.

The remaining 5 he scored in the 8 games under Warnock.

24 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

He scored 6 under Woodgate and had failed to score in his final 11 games under him.

The remaining 5 he scored in the 8 games under Warnock.

Your point being?

He also had far more game time that season, scoring 11 goals in 2,510 minutes with 27 appearances (8 as sub).

This season he's scored 5 in 1,723 minutes, with 19 appearances (12 as sub).

He probably hasn't felt Warnock had faith in him and his performances have reflected that.

Edited by AnglianRed
  • Downsouth changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Post Mortem Time""
  • Old Codger changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Sporar Tomorar?""