• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Offer has been accepted bauser has had his critics but he has pulled masterstrokes on both of these.  Now over to you Leo!  Payero small issues look sorted should be an announcement tomorrow or f

Gibson doing a Gibson. Having another punt, pushing for Bolasie, this Argentinian and money available for a couple more. (Not a lot though) Spence going for £5m

Not been keeping up but Sporar should be sorted by Tuesday 

Posted Images

11 minutes ago, Riverside94 said:

Recon Woodgate might steal any young potential players we were scouting?

I don't see him getting the B'mouth job full time

2 hours ago, MMC said:

If we were in League 1 or 2, but we're not, we're in the championship where he's never scored a goal and where half decent League 1 strikers tend to get absolutely bodied.

Well not yet we aren’t.
So we signed another striker very unlikely to make double figures but cheaper?  ROCK ON NW! 

20 hours ago, RiversideRed said:

Just cause you score lots of goals in one season doesn't make you a good player. Gestede score 20 and I'm still convinced that's been edited because unless I'm in the stadium and see those goals with me eyes I don't believe it. From what we've seen from Wyke in the playoffs he's very poor and so is League 1.

Gestede formed a really efficient partnership with Rhodes at Blackburn. He was focused and motivated. He’s clearly got talent but no application. I said it a few times during his tenure here. He’s a mercenary all about the money.

16 hours ago, Borolad1876 said:

We were, Ross County quoted stupid money when we were interested but nobody took the bait, Sunderland ended up paying a lot less when they got desperate 

We can't have been that interested or we'd have just bid when Sunderland eventually did, and then signed him for a lesser amount.

Dykes didn't have a bad first season at QPR. It will be interesting to see how he does next season. I'd rather have Juke over Wyke and Smith. He didn't really get a look in under Karanka but did well once he was given his chance.

• Like 2
2 hours ago, TeaCider24 said:

He really was stupid to reject a new contract here, so badly advised.

He might only have been a number 2 here under Warnock, but it's no different to his current situation.

He didn't reject a new contract here, did he?  He was going into his final year and we were happy to sell him, so we did.  I didn't think there was any contract on the table for him as such?

13 minutes ago, RiversideRed said:

Dykes didn't have a bad first season at QPR. It will be interesting to see how he does next season. I'd rather have Juke over Wyke and Smith. He didn't really get a look in under Karanka but did well once he was given his chance.

A lot of Dykes goals were penalties weren't they?

7 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

He didn't reject a new contract here, did he?  He was going into his final year and we were happy to sell him, so we did.  I didn't think there was any contract on the table for him as such?

I'm pretty sure he did so we cashed in 

13 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

There was when JW was here. He didn't accept it and NW took it off the table.

5 minutes ago, mendieta420 said:

I'm pretty sure he did so we cashed in 

I thought how it went was that we were on about a new contract prior to Covid, when Pears was getting some game time, and Woodgate was still manager.  Then Covid happened, which paused everything.  We came back from that, Woodgate got the boot straight away, and Warnock didn't seem to fancy either Pears or Stojanovic, which lead us to Bettinelli this season.  Pears could only have played a couple of games under Warnock, if that?

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, Brunners said:

There was when JW was here. He didn't accept it and NW took it off the table.

Without trying to be pedantic, if it was taken off the table by us then he didn't reject it?  We removed the offer so I'm not sure what option he would have had other than to leave for another club when the opportunity presented itself?  Seems harsh to criticise the lad for that.

• Like 1
  • Downsouth changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Post Mortem Time""
  • Old Codger changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Sporar Tomorar?""