• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Offer has been accepted bauser has had his critics but he has pulled masterstrokes on both of these.  Now over to you Leo!  Payero small issues look sorted should be an announcement tomorrow or f

Gibson doing a Gibson. Having another punt, pushing for Bolasie, this Argentinian and money available for a couple more. (Not a lot though) Spence going for £5m

Not been keeping up but Sporar should be sorted by Tuesday 

Posted Images

Just now, Oldham boro said:

Premier League or championship, I wonder who he will go to.  Ask gibbo to put money on that lotto, might fill the transfer purse a bit.

Might fancy being first choice, not going to get a look in for the next 5 years there with Btec Rashford upfront for them.

• Haha 1
56 minutes ago, Smogzilla said:

From the telegraph:Screenshot_20210525-153836_Chrome.jpg

He’s terrible. Hope we don’t get him. But I suppose he’s the kind of battering ram with little technique that Warnock would love. Not the best of attitude either if things don’t go his way. Also, Midtjylland tend to make some good deals so that should prize us out. 

22 minutes ago, Borodane said:

He’s terrible. Hope we don’t get him. But I suppose he’s the kind of battering ram with little technique that Warnock would love. Not the best of attitude either if things don’t go his way. Also, Midtjylland tend to make some good deals so that should prize us out. 

So he's one we shouldn't be "Sory" to miss out on?

I'll get my coat...

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Yes the players we've been linked with on this forum, have made me realise why I renewed my season card, we're going to be a force to be reckoned with fantastic. The  ambition of the club is breathtaking.

• Haha 1
11 minutes ago, Rioch's Braves said:

Yes the players we've been linked with on this forum, have made me realise why I renewed my season card, we're going to be a force to be reckoned with fantastic. The  ambition of the club is breathtaking.

I'm certainly glad I didn't make my decision to renew based on my expectation of the transfer market, that's all I can say!

I still can't wait to be back in the stands in August, though. I'm disappointed we're not having a home friendly too. Will be keeping an eye on the pre-season schedule as I'd like to get to a game or two, hopefully they're not all as far away as Cornwall! Bishop Auckland is first up apparently, 3 days after the Euros finish.

I’m so glad we have a manager like Neil Warnock who will disregard statistics because he can “judge a player for himself” and then sign a player who comes bottom of the pile for the majority of the goal keeping statistics for the season just gone 🤣

Now that is irony! 

Worryingly though, does this highlight Warnock is off the mark when selecting players to come to us? OR are we making players worse when they come to us? What are we actually coaching them when they’re here?

Another worrying point about this is that it took him so long to change goal keepers when he could see on the pitch he was rubbish! 

• Like 2
7 minutes ago, GrimsbyBoro said:

I’m in no way a fan of Bett but didn’t he keep something like a dozen clean sheets. I thought I saw he was in the top ten for clean sheets last season.

Because we had a lot of games with very few shots against, I think we were one of the better defences for shots against last year. When he did face shots, he usually let them in.

• Like 3
38 minutes ago, GrimsbyBoro said:

I’m in no way a fan of Bett but didn’t he keep something like a dozen clean sheets. I thought I saw he was in the top ten for clean sheets last season.

The good thing you can see from those stats from the EFL Stats Twitter is to move away from purely judging clean sheets as the means for testing goalkeepers, though. It's probably the most basic metric but in this instance we know it's not really representative of Bettinelli as a keeper. Or at least not of his technical skills as a keeper. There's arguments to be made in favour of his effect of being the man to help organise the team in front of him, I think you can probably give him some credit for the clean sheets in that respect. Those arguments aren't remotely as strong as those to point out he wasn't very good at saving shots he was expected to save though, for example.

I think it's interesting given statistical models we use that clean sheets still determine the golden glove winner. I wouldn't necessarily like that to change but it'd be good if we could have proper awards piggybacking off the stats that perhaps more accurately show who the best players are. We could have best keepers who didn't keep the most clean sheets and (prepare yourself for this one) best goal-scorer who didn't score the most goals!

• Like 2
1 hour ago, wilsoncgp said:

I'm certainly glad I didn't make my decision to renew based on my expectation of the transfer market, that's all I can say!

I still can't wait to be back in the stands in August, though. I'm disappointed we're not having a home friendly too. Will be keeping an eye on the pre-season schedule as I'd like to get to a game or two, hopefully they're not all as far away as Cornwall! Bishop Auckland is first up apparently, 3 days after the Euros finish.

Yes it was a sarcastic remark on my part, frankly I have very little expectation with regard to the transfer market, because over the last few years our transfer dealings are for the most part disappointing, some clubs have a good scouting system and some don't and we're in the latter unfortunately, so I don't expect a lot to be excited about. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, TeaCider24 said:

There's a lad if we want height.

20 years old, 6ft 9".

9 goals in 32 appearances.

I'm surprised he didn't become a pro basketball player.

• Downsouth changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Post Mortem Time""
  • Old Codger changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Sporar Tomorar?""