• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Offer has been accepted bauser has had his critics but he has pulled masterstrokes on both of these.  Now over to you Leo!  Payero small issues look sorted should be an announcement tomorrow or f

Gibson doing a Gibson. Having another punt, pushing for Bolasie, this Argentinian and money available for a couple more. (Not a lot though) Spence going for £5m

Not been keeping up but Sporar should be sorted by Tuesday 

Posted Images

7 minutes ago, DanFromDownSouth said:

Not sure he's played on the left much (Could be wrong). But I see him as a bit like McNair in the fact he can play central defence, central midfield and can play right-back too.

Thinking about it, could he be a direct replacement for McNair? Sure a few on here have said we'd be open to selling McNair to fund the summer transfers?

I hope not, I don't have that much faith in him. He can play across the back-line and in midfield but I think that's where the similarities end.

17 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

Was mentioned yesterday mate, @Borodane didn't have much good to say about him! 😅

Tbh I’m not a midtjylland fan though so I don’t watch all their games. Statistically he is decent target man although he’s not a good finisher. Anyway he’s probably too expensive for us. 

O’Nien would be a solid signing if he the versatile player NW alluded to. Watched a fair bit of Sunderland and he has a good engine and can play as well. 

I get the worry we are being linked with a lot of Sunderland players but the 3 we been linked woth in O’Nien, Hume and Wyke are 3 of they best players i would say. Along with McGeady and lad they had on loan from Wolves Dion Sanderson.

And suggestions are the 3 we want would come as back up, especially the two full backs. 

1 hour ago, GrimsbyBoro said:

Remember when we were bragging about a worldwide scouting network.

how times have changed we now have a subscription to the Sunderland Echo

Baden Powell's  boy scouts would do a better job now.

57 minutes ago, TLF10 said:

O’Nien would be a solid signing if he the versatile player NW alluded to. Watched a fair bit of Sunderland and he has a good engine and can play as well. 

I get the worry we are being linked with a lot of Sunderland players but the 3 we been linked woth in O’Nien, Hume and Wyke are 3 of they best players i would say. Along with McGeady and lad they had on loan from Wolves Dion Sanderson.

And suggestions are the 3 we want would come as back up, especially the two full backs. 

Honestly not interested in any of the Sunderland squad, there's got to be far better players available in the championship and lower leagues that wouldn't break the bank.  *** me Sunderland promotion chasing failures.  

• Like 1
18 minutes ago, Rioch's Braves said:

Honestly not interested in any of the Sunderland squad, there's got to be far better players available in the championship and lower leagues that wouldn't break the bank.  *** me Sunderland promotion chasing failures.  

Seems a weird attitude.

Surely if you're going to sign players from the lower leagues, every one of them will have failed to gain promotion, unless you're after the League Two promotion teams.

Sunderland finished 4th, above 20 other teams in League One.

Clearly any other players in that division can't be good enough for you if you're going to turn your nose up at at players on a free transfer from one of the better performing sides in the division.

That O'Nien played in the 3rd best defence in League One, so he can't be doing that badly. 

Edited by TeaCider24
9 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

Seems a weird attitude.

Surely if you're going to sign players from the lower leagues, every one of them will have failed to gain promotion, unless you're after the League Two promotion teams.

Clearly any other players in that division can't be good enough for you if you're going to turn your nose up at at players on a free transfer from one of the better performing sides in the division.

That O'Nien played in the 3rd best defence in League One, so he can't be doing that badly. 

Nothing in that Sunderland squad that excites me, I'd sooner look at players from the 3 teams coming down from the championship or the teams coming up from League 2. There was nothing in that Sunderland play off team that said lets go chasing him, they got played off the field 1st leg, they're a very mediocre squad.

55 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

Seems a weird attitude.

It could be argued that there's a difference between looking at younger lads from lower leagues who are in the process of building their career, as opposed to more established players who are perhaps playing at their ideal level?

• Like 1
40 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

It could be argued that there's a difference between looking at younger lads from lower leagues who are in the process of building their career, as opposed to more established players who are perhaps playing at their ideal level?

Exactly

59 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

I think he's only been there a few years.

I'm sure the last series of Sunderland 'Til I Die was when he made his debut.

Yeah, just checked and he's only been a Sunderland player since 2018.

They've challenged for promotion in all 3 of the seasons he played in, so he's the exact sort of player we should be looking at.

If it was an Oxford player rather than a Sunderland player, I think people would be more open minded.

Just now, TeaCider24 said:

I think he's only been there a few years.

I'm sure the last series of Sunderland 'Til I Die was when he made his debut.

Which player?  O'Nien?  I think he's been there 3 years or so but he was obviously playing league football before that.  He's 26 now, 27 later this year.

I’ve never been particularly impressed with o’nien when I’ve seen him play.

Feels like we’re shopping around in TK Maxx looking for a Burbury trench coat and we’re coming out with a discounted Umbro puffer jacket...

• Like 1
  • Haha 7
  • Downsouth changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Post Mortem Time""
  • Old Codger changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Sporar Tomorar?""