oneBoro Forum

Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Post Mortem Time""

13 minutes ago, Humpty said:

I’ve never been particularly impressed with o’nien when I’ve seen him play.

Feels like we’re shopping around in TK Maxx looking for a Burbury trench coat and we’re coming out with a discounted Umbro puffer jacket...

Thats what I've been trying to tell everyone all along...well mostly those convinced we'll be making a serious promotion push next season. 

Though Umbro puffer jackets aren't bad to be fair. I had one a few years ago and it was great for really cold weather. Only got rid of it because it just felt too bulky (and a bit chavvy). 

• Replies 19.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Offer has been accepted bauser has had his critics but he has pulled masterstrokes on both of these.  Now over to you Leo!  Payero small issues look sorted should be an announcement tomorrow or f

Gibson doing a Gibson. Having another punt, pushing for Bolasie, this Argentinian and money available for a couple more. (Not a lot though) Spence going for £5m

Not been keeping up but Sporar should be sorted by Tuesday 

Posted Images

7 hours ago, GrimsbyBoro said:

Remember when we were bragging about a worldwide scouting network.

how times have changed we now have a subscription to the Sunderland Echo

Yeah, I remember that. But then you voted yes to Brexit making said scouting network more or less useless as we can’t afford or attract talent that comply with the rules👏

• Haha 1
30 minutes ago, Borodane said:

Yeah, I remember that. But then you voted yes to Brexit making said scouting network more or less useless as we can’t afford or attract talent that comply with the rules👏

Anything to stop us wasting money on *** like Viktor Fischer 👍

10 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

Anything to stop us wasting money on *** like Viktor Fischer 👍

He’s such an obnoxious footballer. One of the most hated in danish football due to his constant whining and acting. 

• Like 2
15 minutes ago, Borodane said:

He’s such an obnoxious footballer. One of the most hated in danish football due to his constant whining and acting. 

Sounds like every Danish person I know 🤷‍♂️

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
9 hours ago, wilsoncgp said:

Was mentioned yesterday mate, @Borodane didn't have much good to say about him! 😅

He is just bitter, that his side AGF lost 4-0 last monday ... Sory Kaba scored btw and was my man of the match - A lot of fight and determination - We could for sure use a player like him!

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, SmogDane said:

He is just bitter, that his side AGF lost 4-0 last monday ... Sory Kaba scored btw and was my man of the match - A lot of fight and determination - We could for sure use a player like him!

Furthermore can I say - He has more skills with the ball than Assombalonga and Akpom combined ... 

When he started to become a regular for FCM, he didnt score enough .. But he has worked aaaaaard and added goals to his game! 

The previous FCM striker Paul Onuachu received same review by BD, but that player is doing REALLY well in the Belgium League with 33 goals in 38 games for GENK! 

I would sign Sory Kaba today, if it was my job ... But as BD correctly said, he won't be cheap, as FCM do great "buy cheap, sell expensive" bussines!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I noticed a few people from football stats crowd talking about Gauld on Twitter this week as he was left out the Scotland squad. One claimed he’d been a top 3 player in the Primeira this season despite being in a team that’s been fighting relegation for most of the season. Seems like it would be a top signing but I think he’s probably out of our league at the moment, there are probably bigger clubs willing to take a chance on him. 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, DanFromDownSouth said:

Tom Heaton off to United apparently, he was my unrealistic Goalkeeper free agent choice.

I suspect that's Romero leaving, then. If not De Gea too.

5 hours ago, wilsoncgp said:

Watching the state of De Gea trying to save penalties won't have improved his stock any. Granted most of the penalties were extremely well taken but his body language and attempts just never really gave belief that he had any belief in himself. The one that he took which lost the game was a shame for anyone but again his body language was far from convincing.

2 hours ago, Redcar Rioja said:

Watching the state of De Gea trying to save penalties won't have improved his stock any. Granted most of the penalties were extremely well taken but his body language and attempts just never really gave belief that he had any belief in himself. The one that he took which lost the game was a shame for anyone but again his body language was far from convincing.

I totally agree.  I wouldn't blame De Get for the missed penalty at all.  But he looked very poor when barely attempting at the Villareal penalties.  There are probably people saying he pulled out when he realised he wasn't going to save them but I would much rather see the keeper commit.  His miss is likely his last kick for the club too!

8 hours ago, wilsoncgp said:

Romero is as good as gone, and there are rumours that they (United) are expecting either De Gea or Henderson to go too (as they both want to be first choice). If no-one comes in for De Gea, I think Henderson will go out on loan for the season. Then they also have Lee Grant out of contract this summer too, could potentially end up needing to sign another keeper on top of Heaton.

2 hours ago, Redcar Rioja said:

Just read somewhere that he has missed saving 40 penalty kicks in a row(for club and Country including shoot outs), something like a 0.04% chance of that happening. 

• Like 1
  • Wow 2
16 minutes ago, Ruathain said:

Just read somewhere that he has missed saving 40 penalty kicks in a row(for club and Country including shoot outs), something like a 0.04% chance of that happening. 

With stats like that, he could replace Bettinelli...

• Haha 1
  • Downsouth changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Post Mortem Time""
  • Old Codger changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Sporar Tomorar?""