• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Offer has been accepted bauser has had his critics but he has pulled masterstrokes on both of these.  Now over to you Leo!  Payero small issues look sorted should be an announcement tomorrow or f

Gibson doing a Gibson. Having another punt, pushing for Bolasie, this Argentinian and money available for a couple more. (Not a lot though) Spence going for £5m

Not been keeping up but Sporar should be sorted by Tuesday 

Posted Images

On 5/14/2021 at 2:46 PM, Humpty said:

Marvin Johnson's off.

😎

I thought he was a useful squad member. I’m surprised he wasn’t offered a new contract.

Delighted Johnson is gone. No doubting his committment or effort but he just isn't championship quality. Had a purple spell at one stage this season, but 90% of his performances have ranged between below average to point costing. 

• Like 4
  • Confused 1

on NML:

Although his name appears on the released list, it is understood that Warnock has offered the 29-year-old the chance to join Boro for pre-season training this summer.

Appreciating that Mendez-Laing needs a solid pre-season, it's understood that Warnock would only offer him a pay-as-you-play type deal right now, but, if no other offers materialised, and Mendez-Laing takes up the pre-season training offer, he could potentially earn a better deal on Teesside if he impresses and builds his fitness sufficiently.

https://www.gazettelive.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/middlesbrough-retained-list-contracts-explained-20618291

8 minutes ago, Neverbefore said:

Delighted Johnson is gone. No doubting his committment or effort but he just isn't championship quality. Had a purple spell at one stage this season, but 90% of his performances have ranged between below average to point costing. 

I think he is “bottom half of championship” quality - he would do an ok job for some sides, but not any side looking to get into promotion contention.
 I do at least find it hopeful that Warnock has said something like that in his interview - albeit in a softer way. That and the recognition that ML should only be offered something if he is prepared to come and show he is properly fit are pointers that Warnock is looking for improvement. 
problem will be whether he can find improvements within budget who want to come to us or whether we just get other similar quality players being touted as “the first choice” and “ I’ve been after him for a long time”

31 minutes ago, Donnyboro said:

Mendez liang ,archer and Johnson all leaving 

Not disappointed with any of them leaving. Archer was fairly poor - similar standard to Betanelli really. Hoepfully Lumley and A. N. Other keeper will be better  next season. 

NML was like a poor mans Bolasie.

Think its a wise move on NML and Archer. If they want to come back for pre season and they do well hopefully there a deal to be done.

If not then we move on.

Johnson case is simple. He wants to play regularly and he wont here. If he wanted to be a squas player then I would have kept him

Archer going means we'll need another keeper, probably. I can't imagine Stojanovic is gonna stick around though I guess Warnock will say he wants to give him a chance in pre-season.

Johnson leaving, I hope that gives Coulson a chance to take his spot in the squad and get more time on the pitch next season.

NML, meh, based on his time here he won't be missed, though it sounds like he's not really left. He will have to work hard to earn a deal here though, that probably isn't a bad thing.

I've never really got the hype with Johnson. for every good cross he whipped in there were 8,768,257 attempts which either hit the first man or sailed out for a goal kick.

• Like 7
3 minutes ago, TLF10 said:

Think its a wise move on NML and Archer. If they want to come back for pre season and they do well hopefully there a deal to be done.

If not then we move on.

Johnson case is simple. He wants to play regularly and he wont here. If he wanted to be a squas player then I would have kept him

season 1 do not want GIF by Patriot

• Downsouth changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Post Mortem Time""
  • Old Codger changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Sporar Tomorar?""