oneBoro Forum

Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Post Mortem Time""

17 minutes ago, TLF10 said:

Cheers for the info @diggerlad07. You heard anymore on the Morecambe winger or is that one likely to be after play off? 

Yeah the outcome is dependant on the result. If Morecambe go up then we will be priced out of a deal most probably as they will value him higher, but if they fail to go up then they may have to sell at a lower fee.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Replies 19.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Offer has been accepted bauser has had his critics but he has pulled masterstrokes on both of these.  Now over to you Leo!  Payero small issues look sorted should be an announcement tomorrow or f

Gibson doing a Gibson. Having another punt, pushing for Bolasie, this Argentinian and money available for a couple more. (Not a lot though) Spence going for £5m

Not been keeping up but Sporar should be sorted by Tuesday 

Posted Images

I thought we needed a striker who would be contributing outside the box as much as in?  Go on QPR forums and see what they think of his general play. 

Hes basically a more extreme Britt. More clinical, but slower, worse passing, made of glass and will be 32 before next season. 

Is Charlie Austin really going to improve us? I think Warnock is looking for yet again, a big name to get people excited. He does not suite our style of play. He doesn’t score headers and will he really be looking to latch onto a long ball and hold it up? 

id rather we sign a player who has won a high percentage of aerial duels as that’s what we are going to be playing. Look at Brentford. Would they sign a player because they are available or because they suit their play style? 

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, ManBearPig said:

Is Charlie Austin really going to improve us? I think Warnock is looking for yet again, a big name to get people excited. He does not suite our style of play. He doesn’t score headers and will he really be looking to latch onto a long ball and hold it up? 

id rather we sign a player who has won a high percentage of aerial duels as that’s what we are going to be playing. Look at Brentford. Would they sign a player because they are available or because they suit their play style? 

In his entire career he has only scored 40 headed goals. 

6 headers in the last 3 seasons 

a good player but not what we need for Warnocks lump ball

• Like 2

Since Warnock has indicated that he wants 3 strikers in why does Austin need to fit the ‘target man’ template? Might be looking at a couple in that vein and another to ‘feed off the knock downs’ etc. Which he would fit ok I think. 

56 minutes ago, CrazyL said:

Since Warnock has indicated that he wants 3 strikers in why does Austin need to fit the ‘target man’ template? Might be looking at a couple in that vein and another to ‘feed off the knock downs’ etc. Which he would fit ok I think. 

What about Charlie Austin and Famara Diedhiou up front for us. Should get a few goals.

Austin always struck me as someone who could hold the ball up and link up with other players.sounds like the type of striker Warnock would be after.

I suspect QPR will end up being his destination 

10 minutes ago, Brunners said:

Little gutted Blackpool went up tbh cause I would have been all over Jerry Yates, he was immense today.

Yeah he looked a really handful. I dread to think what we will sign because I have little no faith in our club. We're so outdated when it comes to our approach to things. It's laughable!

• Like 3

What about Joe Pigott? He's recently turned down a new contract at Wimbledon so is available on a free.

Scored 20 and assisted 5 for a struggling Wimbledon team last season, 27 years old and is 6 ft 2. I don't know anything about him beyond those superficial stats but I wonder if that's someone we could be looking at.

• Like 3
  • Downsouth changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Post Mortem Time""
  • Old Codger changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Sporar Tomorar?""