oneBoro Forum

Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Post Mortem Time""

4 minutes ago, AnglianRed said:

That'll be it. Gibson's learned his lesson after his "smash the league" proclamation.

So he's keeping our expectations really low by having Boro linked with a lot of poor players. Then come transfer deadline day, half a dozen top-drawer players will be unveiled and suddenly we'll look like serious promotion candidates. 😁

Trying to avoid the doom monger tag my man, it's not going very well!

• Haha 1
  • Replies 19.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Offer has been accepted bauser has had his critics but he has pulled masterstrokes on both of these.  Now over to you Leo!  Payero small issues look sorted should be an announcement tomorrow or f

Gibson doing a Gibson. Having another punt, pushing for Bolasie, this Argentinian and money available for a couple more. (Not a lot though) Spence going for £5m

Not been keeping up but Sporar should be sorted by Tuesday 

Posted Images

15 minutes ago, Dan_Boro_Till_I_Die said:

We'll end up signing Robson Kanu 😭

Knowing us we'd end up getting his Canadian cousin - Hal Robson Kayak...then we'd be well and truly up the creek without a paddle...

• Haha 3
13 minutes ago, GrimsbyBoro said:

Phil jageilka has been released by Sheff Utd

#makeithappen

Would not be worst shout as a 4th choice CB mixed with a coaching role.

• Like 1

I would take Robson Kanu happily as 1 of the 3 forwards.

He can play various positions along the front line and is always good for a goal. Usually important ones too. Almost like a mild stuani. 

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, TLF10 said:

I would take Robson Kanu happily as 1 of the 3 forwards.

He can play various positions along the front line and is always good for a goal. Usually important ones too. Almost like a mild stuani. 

id be worried about his goal return, hes only scored over 5 goals in a season twice in his whole career and his best ever return is 10 in 39 two seasons ago, hardly impressive numbers.
Also he only has 29 assists in whole league career.

so he dosent score often and he dosent create chances either, i dont know why he would excite anyone as option particually in our goal shy side.

• Like 4
19 minutes ago, notjade said:

Robson Kanu has had one good game in his whole career. Wouldn't touch him with a 10ft barge pole

this,

I think the people wanting him are only thinking of his goal v belgium, if they actually looked at his career stats they'd see that hes been bang average player at best.

Edited by tmcc
1 hour ago, tmcc said:

id be worried about his goal return, hes only scored over 5 goals in a season twice in his whole career and his best ever return is 10 in 39 two seasons ago, hardly impressive numbers.
Also he only has 29 assists in whole league career.

so he dosent score often and he dosent create chances either, i dont know why he would excite anyone as option particually in our goal shy side.

We need to get past the idea that signings need to be exciting, we need an 11 then extended 18 who can win games.

A forward can score 10 and still be a big part of that, 5/6 players scoring 8+ is better than relying on one scoring 20 plus as Warnock sides have shown previously

• Like 1
6 hours ago, SzilardNemethsCurtains said:

We need to get past the idea that signings need to be exciting, we need an 11 then extended 18 who can win games.

A forward can score 10 and still be a big part of that, 5/6 players scoring 8+ is better than relying on one scoring 20 plus as Warnock sides have shown previously

your trying to stawman the arugment by claiming people are demanding exciting players, nobody is saying that( or at least im not saying that) , were just pointing out the fact that robson- kanu is a bang average on a good day and his stats prove that he is generally a poor player.

you keep mentioning 10 goals like hes done that consistantly, as i mentioned previously, hes done it once in his entire career and actually only averages 5 goals a season and has scored more than 5 goals only twice in his near 15 year career. his assists stats are even worse, 4 a season on average.

and these averages are based on a 46 game season, its highly unlikely he will play every game so he'd  most likely end up  getting 3/4 goals and 2/3 assists based off his average. 

but for the sake of argument, lets say he does play every game, here is a list of boro players from  who have a better combined goal/assist ratio based on last seasons stats (averged over a 46 games).
Mcnair, morsey, Johnson, saville, tavanier, kebano, bolaise, watmore and ashley fletcher.

that should say it all really. stastically he is not just poor, but as iv now shown is no better than what we've already got/had at the club.

Edited by tmcc
  • Like 4
  • Downsouth changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Post Mortem Time""
  • Old Codger changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Sporar Tomorar?""