• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Offer has been accepted bauser has had his critics but he has pulled masterstrokes on both of these.  Now over to you Leo!  Payero small issues look sorted should be an announcement tomorrow or f

Gibson doing a Gibson. Having another punt, pushing for Bolasie, this Argentinian and money available for a couple more. (Not a lot though) Spence going for £5m

Not been keeping up but Sporar should be sorted by Tuesday 

Posted Images

To me, the players we’ve been linked with is both underwhelming and the realisation how far we have gone back as a club.

Should we be worse than Palace? Burnley?Brighton? To name but 3? In my opinion certainly not. But years of constant mismanagement, poor recruitment of both players, scouts and managerial positions have left us chasing more an illusion than a realistic ambition. I can’t for the life of me see how potentially a bunch of journeymen can be moulded into a promotion prospect- I really can’t.

I hope beyond hope to be proven wrong

• Like 3
2 hours ago, Boroscally96 said:

He's left because he couldn't agree terms with Cardiff so might be out of our range, plus he'd be 2nd fiddle to Bola.

Why should Cardiff be able to offer better wages than us. 

35 minutes ago, Brunners said:

Seriously? Agree with Humpty then, that is ballsy if he was offered a contract and rejected it.

the financial reality will hit him in 4-5 weeks and he'll have to accept something much worse or end up in Australia 

1 minute ago, mendieta420 said:

the financial reality will hit him in 4-5 weeks and he'll have to accept something much worse or end up in Australia 

Worse places to be, to be fair!

I wonder if we would be interested in Williams who has just been released by Cardiff.

from a quick google search Warnock seemed to rate him at Palace.

also courtesy of Google Bennet did his ACL in March, had an operation and will be out for 6-9 months.

wonder if he’s on ssp now? 

28 minutes ago, Boroinredcar said:

Why should Cardiff be able to offer better wages than us. 

because they have more money than us, is the simple answer.

1 minute ago, DurhamRed said:

We have zero debt 😁

Not true though, is it?

We're in debt to our own owner, but the debt is still there.

We're something like £120m in debt.

A large part of that will have been accrued during the period of offering ridiculous wages to average players when we were relegated in 2017.

I doubt Gibson will want to add to that substantially.

Just now, TeaCider24 said:

Not true though, is it?

We're in debt to our own owner, but the debt is still there.

A large part of that will have been accrued during the period of offering ridiculous wages to average players when we were relegated in 2017.

I'm sure this is written off when he sells or is  Gibson really going to demand it all be repayed.  If this is the case Gibson will never of spent 1 penny at the club. 

5 minutes ago, DurhamRed said:

I'm sure this is written off when he sells or is  Gibson really going to demand it all be repayed.  If this is the case Gibson will never of spent 1 penny at the club. 

He's not selling though.

I'm sure he'll continue to invest in the club, but it's common sense that a club with an owner of similar wealth with less debt will be willing to spend more on wages.

8 minutes ago, DurhamRed said:

He has agreed whilst he is chairman to not need that £120m repaying. But if he actually sells the club I'd imagine he'd want that paying off.

That's why I've wanted us to start to become self-sustaining, so we can move away from being overly reliant on Gibson and chip that debt away, then when the time comes for Gibson to retire/sell up, we don't have £120m debt needing to be paid up.

15 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

We were about £93m in debt to Gibson (Group) before 2017 to be fair!

• Downsouth changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Post Mortem Time""
  • Old Codger changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Sporar Tomorar?""