oneBoro Forum

Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Post Mortem Time""

Just because we were linked last summer with him.

sam clucas has been told he is free to leave Stoke if he can find another club. He has another year in his contract but Stoke want him off the wage bill.

• Replies 19.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Offer has been accepted bauser has had his critics but he has pulled masterstrokes on both of these.  Now over to you Leo!  Payero small issues look sorted should be an announcement tomorrow or f

Gibson doing a Gibson. Having another punt, pushing for Bolasie, this Argentinian and money available for a couple more. (Not a lot though) Spence going for £5m

Not been keeping up but Sporar should be sorted by Tuesday 

Posted Images

Clucas was one of the five players Warnock named as “his 5 to watch” for the season in an article he did last summer for a paper i think.

Nelson of Cardiff

Lolley of Forest

Toney of Brentford

Delefeou of Watford

and Clucas of Stoke

23 minutes ago, Borolad1876 said:

Boro have enquired about the services of Clarke Harris from Peterborough, according to a Peterborough fan friend of mine, us and forest said to be interested. I would love him here.

West Brom, Sheff Utd, Bournemouth, Cardiff, Swansea and Rangers have all been linked with him. 

The reported fee is upwards of £6 million so unfortunately I don’t think there is even the slimmest of hopes of us getting him. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
8 hours ago, J.T. said:

West Brom, Sheff Utd, Bournemouth, Cardiff, Swansea and Rangers have all been linked with him. 

The reported fee is upwards of £6 million so unfortunately I don’t think there is even the slimmest of hopes of us getting him. 

Be lucky to get him for that. They were quoting 8m for Dembele when we enquired last time lol

https://www.anfieldwatch.co.uk/liverpool-will-reportedly-allow-22-year-old-to-leave-the-club-on-loan/

Liverpool willing to loan out Caoimhin Kelleher for experience. We're after a keeper and he's looked solid whenever he played for Liverpool, kept a few clean sheets. Also his kicking is really really good which is right up Warnock's street.

We should be all over this surely?

• Like 3
1 hour ago, Weasel said:

https://www.anfieldwatch.co.uk/liverpool-will-reportedly-allow-22-year-old-to-leave-the-club-on-loan/

Liverpool willing to loan out Caoimhin Kelleher for experience. We're after a keeper and he's looked solid whenever he played for Liverpool, kept a few clean sheets. Also his kicking is really really good which is right up Warnock's street.

We should be all over this surely?

Depends on if we're set on Lumley being our number 1. Liverpool are pretty notorious for their rules on how much their loanees need to play, so if he came he would likely have to be number 1.

13 minutes ago, Brunners said:

Depends on if we're set on Lumley being our number 1. Liverpool are pretty notorious for their rules on how much their loanees need to play, so if he came he would likely have to be number 1.

Aye that was my worry, especially with their loan policy. Obviously don't wanna write Lumley off before he's even had a chance but would be nice to have 2 viable goalkeepers.

• Like 1
On 6/2/2021 at 5:39 AM, tmcc said:

your trying to stawman the arugment by claiming people are demanding exciting players, nobody is saying that( or at least im not saying that) , were just pointing out the fact that robson- kanu is a bang average on a good day and his stats prove that he is generally a poor player.

you keep mentioning 10 goals like hes done that consistantly, as i mentioned previously, hes done it once in his entire career and actually only averages 5 goals a season and has scored more than 5 goals only twice in his near 15 year career. his assists stats are even worse, 4 a season on average.

and these averages are based on a 46 game season, its highly unlikely he will play every game so he'd  most likely end up  getting 3/4 goals and 2/3 assists based off his average. 

but for the sake of argument, lets say he does play every game, here is a list of boro players from  who have a better combined goal/assist ratio based on last seasons stats (averged over a 46 games).
Mcnair, morsey, Johnson, saville, tavanier, kebano, bolaise, watmore and ashley fletcher.

that should say it all really. stastically he is not just poor, but as iv now shown is no better than what we've already got/had at the club.

I'm confused because you literally used the word excite

18 minutes ago, HolgateBoy said:

Zach Hemming as no.2 to Lumley? Just seen his (double) save of the season

No chance. Warnock already said as such.

• Sad 1
9 minutes ago, TLF10 said:

No chance. Warnock already said as such.

He'll be singing his praises when the window shuts and we've signed no one else

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
1 hour ago, ABH said:

we still have Stojanovic on the books too

Much as I'd like to see Stoj making a bid for the shirt, Warnock doesn't rate him for some reason. I doubt we'll see him in a Boro shirt again.

5 hours ago, SzilardNemethsCurtains said:

I'm confused because you literally used the word excite

i asked why people seem " excited" by the prospect of signing him despite the fact hes a poor player, i never said i only wanted to sign exciting players, i dont know whats hard to understand about this?

• Downsouth changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Post Mortem Time""
  • Old Codger changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Sporar Tomorar?""