• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Offer has been accepted bauser has had his critics but he has pulled masterstrokes on both of these.  Now over to you Leo!  Payero small issues look sorted should be an announcement tomorrow or f

Gibson doing a Gibson. Having another punt, pushing for Bolasie, this Argentinian and money available for a couple more. (Not a lot though) Spence going for £5m

Not been keeping up but Sporar should be sorted by Tuesday 

Posted Images

Besic is a fantastic player. Tenacious, hard-working, strong in the tackle, very good on the ball (although he does hold onto it way too long) and can play his way out of tight positions. Twice the player of Saville.

Besic and Morsy together as a centre mid pairing would be absolutely fantastic. We certainly wouldn't lose the midfield battle. 

I'd snap him up in a heartbeat.

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, Smokedsalmon said:

Besic is a fantastic player. Tenacious, hard-working, strong in the tackle, very good on the ball (although he does hold onto it way too long) and can play his way out of tight positions. Twice the player of Saville.

Besic and Morsy together as a centre mid pairing would be absolutely fantastic. We certainly wouldn't lose the midfield battle. 

I'd snap him up in a heartbeat.

Yes Besic and morsy, could well be the new Clayton leadbitter.

• Like 1

I did like Besic the last time he was here like under pulis. Plus with Besic and Morsey it will enable our attacking players to focus on well attacking. Wing could also maybe play in a midfield 3 with a free role

8 minutes ago, DurhamRed said:

I did like Besic the last time he was here like under pulis. Plus with Besic and Morsey it will enable our attacking players to focus on well attacking. Wing could also maybe play in a midfield 3 with a free role

You mean the first time he was here under Pulis?  The second time he was poor by general consensus.  It was felt that we'd been fortunate to not spend the £6m on him that we were planning on, when he and his agent decided to change their demands at the last minute and scupper the deal.

• Like 2
5 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

You mean the first time he was here under Pulis?  The second time he was poor by general consensus.  It was felt that we'd been fortunate to not spend the £6m on him that we were planning on, when he and his agent decided to change their demands at the last minute and scupper the deal.

The whole team didn't really perform in the 2nd season under pulis though so it's abit harsh to judge him on that 

• Like 1
29 minutes ago, Johnmfc81 said:

Besic did still get 2 goals and 5 assists in his second stint with us. Which wasn't a bad return playing in a poor side.

A poor side that finished 7th 🤷‍♂️

He was poor, nobody was sad that we hadn't signed him.

1 hour ago, DurhamRed said:

That might be enough to keep us up 👍🏻

• Like 1
2 hours ago, DurhamRed said:

If there’s a free role in midfield it has to be for Tav. A way superior player to Wing

My recollections of Besic the last time he was here was a player who was well off the pace, ran in circles and was a liability giving away cheap free kicks in dangerous areas. His first time here I was indifferent in that he was OK but no great shakes, a bit magnolia but his second term had me reaching for those special discrete pants for men.

It's a big no thanks and steer well clear for me. His record since he left us just underpins those feelings.

• Like 4

I don't think there's much debate that Barry Douglas is, overall, a better player than Marc Bola.

The question marks come with the question "which suits Warnock better?" For me, the clear answer is Bola... Despite Douglas being the better player. Warnock is limited in his approach, and a player like Barry Douglas would be wasted in a Boro side.

On a free and for the wages he'd likely ask? A good deal. All of the above, but in a Warnock side? Wasted.

16 minutes ago, Snowblind said:

I don't think there's much debate that Barry Douglas is, overall, a better player than Marc Bola.

The question marks come with the question "which suits Warnock better?" For me, the clear answer is Bola... Despite Douglas being the better player. Warnock is limited in his approach, and a player like Barry Douglas would be wasted in a Boro side.

On a free and for the wages he'd likely ask? A good deal. All of the above, but in a Warnock side? Wasted.

He may have been better than Bola, but that was over 2 years ago. 

Douglas has hardly kicked a ball in anger since joining Leeds, and Bola has become Mr Consistent. 

8 minutes ago, Mr_Maz said:

He may have been better than Bola, but that was over 2 years ago. 

Douglas has hardly kicked a ball in anger since joining Leeds, and Bola has become Mr Consistent. 

He'd be coming in off the back of a decent loan spell at Blackburn.

Screenshot_20210604-192323_Chrome.thumb.jpg.c84b36b67d026fe99198f16465005676.jpg

• Like 2
  • Downsouth changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Post Mortem Time""
  • Old Codger changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Sporar Tomorar?""