oneBoro Forum

Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Post Mortem Time""

5 minutes ago, DanFromDownSouth said:

He'd be coming in off the back of a decent loan spell at Blackburn.

Screenshot_20210604-192323_Chrome.thumb.jpg.c84b36b67d026fe99198f16465005676.jpg

Aye, Leeds wasn't his be-all-and-end-all. Not his pinnacle of achievement, but he was pretty solid, productive, and creative, at Blackburn.

• Replies 19.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Offer has been accepted bauser has had his critics but he has pulled masterstrokes on both of these.  Now over to you Leo!  Payero small issues look sorted should be an announcement tomorrow or f

Gibson doing a Gibson. Having another punt, pushing for Bolasie, this Argentinian and money available for a couple more. (Not a lot though) Spence going for £5m

Not been keeping up but Sporar should be sorted by Tuesday 

Posted Images

For “free” I think besic, bolasie and Douglas would be some great business. If we did go for besic I’d think 4231 formation with him and Morsy as the 2 would be excellent with Mally as reserve. Get a striker in, tav as #10 and just need someone on the right then.

4 hours ago, SzilardNemethsCurtains said:

I just responded to your comment, your the one who went on your high horse about strawman arguments. Pretty sure no one has expressed any particular excitement about his link but some people chose to defend his ability, there is a big difference

i wasnt getting on my high horse, you inffered something from my comment i never said and then build your response aroudn that premise. Whether you meant it or not ( im not claiming it was intentional) its still a strawman.
Also in general your too fixated on the word excite, it was just my adjective of choice, dont read to0 much into it.

Edited by tmcc

Whilst Besic is a far more technical and creative version of Morsy, I don't see much logic in us signing him as CM isn't an area where we should be spending some decent money as we need loads of good quality new strikers and wingers. However, if we get some good money offered for a midfielder like Tavernier or Saville - who is out of contract next season - then it might make some sense.

• Like 1

If we sign Bolasie I'll feel way more optimistic about next season. He's such a quality player and I think he could excel with us. Really top guy as well.

• Like 3
55 minutes ago, p_mards said:

Whilst Besic is a far more technical and creative version of Morsy, I don't see much logic in us signing him as CM isn't an area where we should be spending some decent money as we need loads of good quality new strikers and wingers. However, if we get some good money offered for a midfielder like Tavernier or Saville - who is out of contract next season - then it might make some sense.

Last year our midfield got over ran and our defence was exposed I think we need the 2 holders, besic can play further forward aswell.

Besic was poor last time he was here and its very rare a player comes back to a club and has a big impact, once a players left the club I don't want him back and that's how I see Besic someone who I don't see improving the squad, Besic's time here has hopefully been and gone.

54 minutes ago, GrimsbyBoro said:

Bettinelli Is in talks with Fulham 

"Oh bloody hell, what do you want?"

"Well I'm back to play football for yers"

"I thought we'd gotten rid of you?  GO AWAY!"

"Aww come on, don't be like that, let's agree a new contract"

"Bugger off"

44 minutes ago, TheJew said:

Besic is a good player.

Palace released list has some good options on there.

Problem is, Gibson has to be willing to pay the wages.

He hasn't played much football for a good player.  First spell here he was good, and understandably people were happy to see him back for the second spell, but he wasn't as good that time around.  I suppose it depends where his head is at, last time I think it wasn't quite focused on football, hence the nonsense with the contract when we tried to sign him permanently, and the inconsistent performances after we'd signed him on loan.

• Downsouth changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Post Mortem Time""
  • Old Codger changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Sporar Tomorar?""