oneBoro Forum

Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Post Mortem Time""

5 hours ago, DanFromDownSouth said:

He'd be coming in off the back of a decent loan spell at Blackburn.

Screenshot_20210604-192323_Chrome.thumb.jpg.c84b36b67d026fe99198f16465005676.jpg

Stuart Pearce and Steve Staunton were better left full backs than Bola but could they do a better job now?

I don’t think so and neither could a one hit wonder like Barry Douglas. I can’t believe that he is being mentioned as an option for Boro

• Replies 19.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Offer has been accepted bauser has had his critics but he has pulled masterstrokes on both of these.  Now over to you Leo!  Payero small issues look sorted should be an announcement tomorrow or f

Gibson doing a Gibson. Having another punt, pushing for Bolasie, this Argentinian and money available for a couple more. (Not a lot though) Spence going for £5m

Not been keeping up but Sporar should be sorted by Tuesday 

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, Blanco said:

Stuart Pearce and Steve Staunton were better left full backs than Bola but could they do a better job now?

I don’t think so and neither could a one hit wonder like Barry Douglas. I can’t believe that he is being mentioned as an option for Boro

Did Pearce and Staunton both start 29 games last season and do pretty well? 

Besic the first time he was here, he drove us on a fair bit, it helped that we had Traore in the team doing similar. Second time round he was much the same as every other average midfielder in our side. Also more often than not, he just didn't seem to know when to release the ball.

Said it before, there's no point signing Besic when we've already got a hot-headed booking merchant in our midfield as it is. We don't need someone else losing their head and squaring up to people or winding himself and others up for the sake of it. Sometimes you do need a bit of bite, someone willing to put those less keen into a psychological battle. But one is enough, Besic doesn't improve this squad significantly at all.

• Like 5
10 hours ago, smogsterking the Inspirati said:

Crystal Palace released list is rather impressive. They are going to struggle next season its some rebuild they are going to have to do.

Screenshot_20210604-214908_WhatsApp.jpgOut of those I’d take (realistic targets) Clyne, Hennessey and Wickham 

59 minutes ago, Snowblind said:

Wickham and Watmore on either wing would be pretty impressive... 4 glass knees, but still... Impressive for the 3 games they'd likely both be fit for! 🤡

I’m sure we will be trying to sign wickham. We have tried to sign him before so he will still be on the list our recruitment team got off fifa 2009

Edited by ABH
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

Bolasie makes a lot of sense and I hope it happens.

Feels like ancient history now but there was a period when many of us thought Besic looked pretty good.

Everyone was awful in that Pulis team towards the end. Wouldn't be excited by him returning but not the worst idea if he's cheap. 

14 hours ago, p_mards said:

Whilst Besic is a far more technical and creative version of Morsy, I don't see much logic in us signing him as CM isn't an area where we should be spending some decent money as we need loads of good quality new strikers and wingers. However, if we get some good money offered for a midfielder like Tavernier or Saville - who is out of contract next season - then it might make some sense.

I wouldn't mind him as a replacement for Saville...or Wing, if we can offload him permanently.

2 hours ago, Redcar Rioja said:

It's more than Boro fans thinking Besic is poor, Everton fans and Blades fans also think he is poor and his Manager at Hamburger SV tried to strangle him (allegedly).

I think somebody caught that on video.

angry homer simpson GIF

• Haha 3
12 hours ago, Daveybongeye said:

Boro 'fans' thought he was poor, theres a difference....

Boro fans didn't think he was poor, he was poor, we were watching him make very little impact on the field, very disappointing loanee, if you've not done well at a club you've been poor he did very little to justify he's loan spell. But lets bring him back again, 3rd time lucky, rather than broaden our horizons.

• Like 1

I think the problem Besic had was without the like of Bamford/Traore creating and making goals a lot more onus was put on him to provide that and I don't think it suited his game. I don't think I would take him back now as I don't think he offers a lot more than what we have and could block the likes of Malley/Hackney from breaking in.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Borolad1876 said:

Heard a besic rumour today, morsy will be sold with Ipswich and Sheffield United interested and we will bring in besic.

almost a like for a like swap but we should make some money in the process. wouldnt be against it.

1 minute ago, Borolad1876 said:

Apparently there is an offer being considered by the club from Ipswich, it really surprised me 

Why tho? He was an integral part of our team until injured? Unless we think Besic is an upgrade.  I do like Besic but i also like morsy. Howson should be the one on the bench 

• Like 1
  • Downsouth changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Post Mortem Time""
  • Old Codger changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Sporar Tomorar?""