oneBoro Forum

Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Post Mortem Time""

25 minutes ago, Rioch's Braves said:

If we did sell Morsy and bring Besic in that just about sums us up as a club, no vision whatsoever a club busy going nowhere, might as well see if Hugill's available save us the time of having to look for a new striker.

I agree we have no vision, but selling a player whos about to turn 30 and hasn't played in a team above the level of struggling championship side until this year and had a fairly average to poor time of it in that season isn't exactly the most stark indicator of that.

Selling a player we bought last summer is right enough.

• Like 1
  • Replies 19.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Offer has been accepted bauser has had his critics but he has pulled masterstrokes on both of these.  Now over to you Leo!  Payero small issues look sorted should be an announcement tomorrow or f

Gibson doing a Gibson. Having another punt, pushing for Bolasie, this Argentinian and money available for a couple more. (Not a lot though) Spence going for £5m

Not been keeping up but Sporar should be sorted by Tuesday 

Posted Images

Can I just add I would take Hugill as 1 of the 3 strikers. 

Judging him in a Pulis team is unfair. I think he would do ok in our set up in terms of goals and assists as long as we get players in and around him. Under the Pulis set up the closest person to Hugill was me and i sit in the west stand upper.

I would certainly ask the question of Norwich about a season loan deal.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Borolad1876 said:

I'd happily take Hugill and besic, I don't really get your criticism here 

Then your easily pleased, because both players are average at best, they can go and be average somewhere else.

16 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

Hugill and Besic again.  Bloody hell.  Can we get Flint back as well to shore up the back line while we're at it.

Yes its unbelievable how anyone could be happy about those 2 signing again bog standard when they were here, talk about being easily pleased. 

• Like 1

To be fair our target is play offs next season and Besic was part of team that got us there in his first loan spell and we finished 7th when they were both here following season.

I don't think any players we sign this summer should “excite” people.

We need players that are capable of doing a job in a promotion push and them have shown in past they can. There are many teams that have gone up that had zero “exiting players” in their squads. Cardiff, Sheff Utd, Burnley to name a few.

I dont want Besic as he much the same of what we got. Hugill on other hand I feel can make a positive contribution in this team. As he did at QPR the season after he left us IF you have people around him.

• Like 1

Have we developed Stockholm syndrome?

There are players out there who haven't been at the club before or worked in the Dickens guys 

• Like 4
3 hours ago, Smokedsalmon said:

Oh yeah, looks like he's off imminently...

Let's not lose our heads over source-less rumours lads. 

People are treating rumours as potentials and discussing the possibilities, that's all that ever really happens. The main thing that drives people to lose their head is the history of transfers at the club, stuff with proof.

Lets not put people off passing information on because of the discussion that happens afterward. There is very little that gets passed on that will eventually come off but the discussion it generates is often why the transfer threads are so busy and that's good. 👍

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Daveybongeye said:

FFS typical Boro fan, losing their *** over a made up rumour 😂

Not losing anything.  That comment was directed towards fans who think signings like that make sense.  I'm guessing you're one of them 🤦‍♂️

• Haha 1

It be nice if the Hartlepool mail are right about Bolasie ....  

https://www.hartlepoolmail.co.uk/sport/football/middlesbrough-fc/middlesbrough-fc-transfer-rumours-potential-development-after-everton-departure-plus-sunderland-interest-dismissed-3262166

I think we take the punt and get him if hes free, we freed up alot of wage with Britt and Fletcher going out the door anyway, makes sense to bring Bolasie in particularly if we dont have to fork out an massive fee. You can guarantee we have to do that for one of the strikers we bring in, fork out big money for them. 

• Like 1
14 hours ago, Smokedsalmon said:

Oh yeah, looks like he's off imminently...

Let's not lose our heads over source-less rumours lads. 

How dare people talk about transfer rumours in a transfer rumours thread!

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1
13 hours ago, Changing Times said:

Hugill and Besic again.  Bloody hell.  Can we get Flint back as well to shore up the back line while we're at it.

Got to be honest I'm not exactly thrilled either.

I remember Besic being quite a hard worker, but not often creating much. Given the other clubs he's played for, he clearly has ability. Just not sure he'd get to show it at Boro. Saying that I'd prefer him as a DM to Howson. Possibly an improvement over Morsy as well?

Hugill has never been a prolific striker wherever he's gone. Managed 6 in 37 for us when he was on loan here. 13 in 39 for QPR recently. I really don't see why we would bring him back.

Also would rather we got Ayala back instead of Flint. 

• Like 1
37 minutes ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

How dare people talk about transfer rumours in a transfer rumours thread!

How very dare they!

Can we get the conversation back to favourite biscuits / crisps / sweets?

• Downsouth changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Post Mortem Time""
  • Old Codger changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Sporar Tomorar?""