• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Offer has been accepted bauser has had his critics but he has pulled masterstrokes on both of these.  Now over to you Leo!  Payero small issues look sorted should be an announcement tomorrow or f

Gibson doing a Gibson. Having another punt, pushing for Bolasie, this Argentinian and money available for a couple more. (Not a lot though) Spence going for £5m

Not been keeping up but Sporar should be sorted by Tuesday 

Posted Images

21 minutes ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

Not gonna believe it until I see him posing with the shirt and Bausor's cheeky grin

Would be a good way to show the kit off 😛

We haven't had a bausor grin in a while though!

I'm almost at a point where I'd just give Wood his chance if we sell McNair or Fry. Just throw him in there instead of loaning him to league 1 and buying someone like O'Nien from League 1. He is 19 now and has 24 first team apps at Boro and Crewe combined. 

14 minutes ago, Erimus74 said:

You're probably right Humpty, I'm probably way off the mark here mind

If we were to sell McNair, I don’t think we’d go looking for another utility player, I think the money would be used to strengthen the first team. I don’t see Nien strengthening the first team to be honest.

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, Borodane said:

I'm almost at a point where I'd just give Wood his chance if we sell McNair or Fry. Just throw him in there instead of loaning him to league 1 and buying someone like O'Nien from League 1. He is 19 now and has 24 first team apps at Boro and Crewe combined. 

He was really good at Crewe too, apparently. I think ideally he could use one more season in league 1, but I wouldn't be opposed to just throwing him in there if we sold one of our first choice either, can see the logic both ways.

9 minutes ago, Brunners said:

He was really good at Crewe too, apparently. I think ideally he could use one more season in league 1, but I wouldn't be opposed to just throwing him in there if we sold one of our first choice either, can see the logic both ways.

In an ideal world perhaps, but at 19 and with our finances and position in the Championship I just can't see why we should spend any money on a bog standard league 1 player to fill the squad and send Wood to League 1. It doesn't really make sense to me. That is the age where Fry started to see more and more action and at 20 years old Fry was almost first choice. 

• Like 3
15 minutes ago, Borodane said:

In an ideal world perhaps, but at 19 and with our finances and position in the Championship I just can't see why we should spend any money on a bog standard league 1 player to fill the squad and send Wood to League 1. It doesn't really make sense to me. That is the age where Fry started to see more and more action and at 20 years old Fry was almost first choice. 

Because Warnock won't see him as "a man" who has "proven himself" by playing "the man's game" in League 1/2.

That's genuinely the reason. Wood would come on leaps and bounds given a year of regular football in the Championship (like Gibson and Fry did).

• Like 2

PRM from Luton would be a good link from Morsy holding to Tav creating. Gives a natural forward momentum to the midfield without losing stability. 

O'Nien would be a good player to have in the squad with his versatility. Met him on the tube when he was just a young lad at Watford - nice lad, has his head screwed on. Came across well in the Mackem documentary too. And left footed CBs are at an absolute premium - plus he'd come with a little creativity on his side too. 

• Like 3
1 minute ago, Smokedsalmon said:

Because Warnock won't see him as "a man" who has "proven himself" by playing "the man's game" in League 1/2.

That's genuinely the reason. Wood would come on leaps and bounds given a year of regular football in the Championship (like Gibson and Fry did).

Gibson and Fry both  had loan spells.

Gibson especially had great spells at York and Tranmere

1 minute ago, Mr_Maz said:

Both were at times when we invested a bit more. Now we are bargain bin fishing so I'd rather just keep Wood for our team than spend money on some dud just because he's been around the block in lower league football.

• Like 3
8 minutes ago, Mr_Maz said:

Don't think 8 games for York and 10 games for Rotherham respectively were particularly formative for either of those like. They cut their teeth at Boro imo

• Like 1
  • Downsouth changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Post Mortem Time""
  • Old Codger changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Sporar Tomorar?""