oneBoro Forum

Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Post Mortem Time""

29 minutes ago, notjade said:

Don't think 8 games for York and 10 games for Rotherham respectively were particularly formative for either of those like. They cut their teeth at Boro imo

For Gibson

33 games for Tranmere - where he got great reviews (league 1)

19 games for Plymouth Argyle (league 2)

9 games for York - didn;t he play at Wembley and win a trophy in those 9 games? (national league)

combined thats 61 games in 3 lower leagues.

ok, for Fry he played 10 games at Rotheram, but he came into the 1st team early due to injuries, and was deemed good enough to keep

• Like 1
  • Replies 19.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Offer has been accepted bauser has had his critics but he has pulled masterstrokes on both of these.  Now over to you Leo!  Payero small issues look sorted should be an announcement tomorrow or f

Gibson doing a Gibson. Having another punt, pushing for Bolasie, this Argentinian and money available for a couple more. (Not a lot though) Spence going for £5m

Not been keeping up but Sporar should be sorted by Tuesday 

Posted Images

6 minutes ago, RiversideRed said:

How many signings do people think we'll have in by the start of pre-season on July 1st.

I'm going for another three on top of Lumley.

I would be buzzing with 3 between now and July 1st as that would be 1 a week from here on in. That would have us at half way point in terms of numbers we wanted.

No real concrete striker links at moment thought. In fact no real concrete links bar Bolasie it seems.

9 minutes ago, TLF10 said:

I would be buzzing with 3 between now and July 1st as that would be 1 a week from here on in. That would have us at half way point in terms of numbers we wanted.

No real concrete striker links at moment thought. In fact no real concrete links bar Bolasie it seems.

I think we need...

GK

LB/CB - Someone Versatile

CM/AM - Something Different for Midfield

LW 

LW

RW

ST

ST

ST

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Borolad1876 said:

Another rumour I have been told today is the club are exploring the possibility of signing jed Wallace from Millwall. Definitely one to watch this window.

Bolasie is done.

I think we'll sign Bolasie like. It's too convenient him coming out and denying rumours to Turkey and then being at both England games and in Middlesbrough. 

Jed Wallace I would have. He has consistent seasons.

• Like 1
11 minutes ago, RiversideRed said:

How many signings do people think we'll have in by the start of pre-season on July 1st.

An awful lot of contracts are up on the 30th June, might make announcing things a little more tricky.

27 minutes ago, Borolad1876 said:

Another rumour I have been told today is the club are exploring the possibility of signing jed Wallace from Millwall. Definitely one to watch this window.

Bolasie is done.

That would be a very good signing. Just can't see us getting a player like that.

---------Lumley--------

Dijksteel-Hall-Fry-Bola

----Saville--McNair----

Wallace--Tav--Bolasie

------New striker------

That would be a decent starting lineup. Need some quality in depth though. Could be financed by selling McNair and using Morsy/Howson in his place.

1 hour ago, RiversideRed said:

Very optimistic, I don't think we signed anyone before July last season did we? Hall was announced maybe?

43 minutes ago, Borolad1876 said:

Bolasie is done.

Weren't we linked to Jed Wallace before? I think around the time we signed saville?

• Haha 1
2 minutes ago, Neverbefore said:

Weren't we linked to Jed Wallace before? I think around the time we signed saville?

yes the rumour on here was we wanted jed but told not for sale but we can have saville for 7million lol

15 minutes ago, Borodane said:

That would be a very good signing. Just can't see us getting a player like that.

---------Lumley--------

Dijksteel-Hall-Fry-Bola

----Saville--McNair----

Wallace--Tav--Bolasie

------New striker------

That would be a decent starting lineup. Need some quality in depth though. Could be financed by selling McNair and using Morsy/Howson in his place.

It should be a pretty productive team if we could get those in. Wallace isn't quite as flashy but you can't argue with his stats. Could quite comfortably expect mid teen goals/assists combined from all 3 of those guys behind the striker. 

McNair is definitely the most saleable asset. Far rather him go than Fry or Tav. 

1 hour ago, RiversideRed said:

Joe Lumley

• Downsouth changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Post Mortem Time""
  • Old Codger changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Sporar Tomorar?""