oneBoro Forum

Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Post Mortem Time""

1 hour ago, sambaDTR said:

For all these people who think we shouldn’t sign Michael Smith, who would you sign then, given our financial and footballing status as a mid table championship club?

Ummm he is hardly gonna be a Pukki, Vardy and a Watkins is he. We need to be looking at foreign market and sign a potential star. Not some plodder

• Like 1
  • Replies 19.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Offer has been accepted bauser has had his critics but he has pulled masterstrokes on both of these.  Now over to you Leo!  Payero small issues look sorted should be an announcement tomorrow or f

Gibson doing a Gibson. Having another punt, pushing for Bolasie, this Argentinian and money available for a couple more. (Not a lot though) Spence going for £5m

Not been keeping up but Sporar should be sorted by Tuesday 

Posted Images

1 minute ago, DurhamRed said:

Ummm he is hardly gonna be a Pukki, Vardy and a Watkins is he. We need to be looking at foreign market and sign a potential star. Not some plodder

Who then? I would be happy with Smith. A centre forward who can hold the ball up, bring the likes of Watmore and Tav into the game and he also scored 10 goals in the Championship for a team who were relegated last year. Unfortunately other teams are in for him so he will probably go to a club who pay higher wages to him (or his agent).

51 minutes ago, Mr_Maz said:

As a general rule of thumb, replacing players, with players who outperformed them, and cost less, is a good idea .

Especially when you are operating within a team a tight budget. 

Not when you are replacing players who played at their absolute worst, no.  If Smith had scored more goals generally than our strikers than fair enough but Assombalonga scored more than 10 goals in the previous three seasons.  Fletcher hit 11 last season.  There's nothing in Smith's career to date that suggests he is in any way better than them.  If we are on a tight budget then I assume we aren't really in for Bolasie.  We'll see how tight the budget is as the summer progresses.

9 minutes ago, Borolad1876 said:

The deals hit a snag lads these things happen. 

I'm gonna miss you mate. 

And it seems to me that you lived your life like a candle in the wind.  Your candle burned out long before your legend ever did.

10 minutes ago, Borolad1876 said:

The deals hit a snag lads these things happen. 

You made a bet & I promised no bamboozling; so you're very close to being removed good sir!

Just now, TLF10 said:

@Lurker. You saying we never been interested in bringing Yannick back on a permanent mate? You got any other snippets? Thanks in advance.

No, we've made an offer but no decision yet. Don't expect one soon either. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
4 hours ago, macapes said:

If our scouting and recruitment team can't do better than me looking on transfermarkt, then I'd look to sign a better scouting and recruitment team. 

As much as I think our recruitment team leaves a lot to be desired. I do wonder how much they've been hamstrung this summer (and in the past).

Looking at the signings we made under Woodgate's (and our shift away from our norm) tenure they all seem to be well on their way to be successes (Dijksteel, Hall, Bola and lesser extent Stojanovic). Even Moukoudi since leaving us seems to have really improved. Food for thought.

3 minutes ago, DanFromDownSouth said:

As much as I think our recruitment team leaves a lot to be desired. I do wonder how much they've been hamstrung this summer (and in the past).

Looking at the signings we made under Woodgate's (and our shift away from our norm) tenure they all seem to be well on their way to be successes (Dijksteel, Hall, Bola and lesser extent Stojanovic). Even Moukoudi since leaving us seems to have really improved. Food for thought.

But we're shifting Away from that again. Warnocks whole not signing anyone he hadn't personally scouted sort of indicates that were (once again) tearing up how we were doing things and starting with another different approach this summer. 

• Downsouth changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Post Mortem Time""
  • Old Codger changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Sporar Tomorar?""