oneBoro Forum

Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Post Mortem Time""

3 minutes ago, AnglianRed said:

Nah, just Brad and Angelina wanting a bit of privacy...

Brad Pitt D GIF

Definitely not that one, he's too short at under 6ft plus his strike rate is the Pitt's although when he does score its usually a cracker!

• Haha 1
  • Replies 19.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Offer has been accepted bauser has had his critics but he has pulled masterstrokes on both of these.  Now over to you Leo!  Payero small issues look sorted should be an announcement tomorrow or f

Gibson doing a Gibson. Having another punt, pushing for Bolasie, this Argentinian and money available for a couple more. (Not a lot though) Spence going for £5m

Not been keeping up but Sporar should be sorted by Tuesday 

Posted Images

Brilliant final paragraph, Anglian. youve really nailed it there. Gibson has been floundering for around 5 years and he needs to look at himself and probably admit to his failings . he needs to do something i strongly suspect that he has grown unacustomed to and not very comfortable with and that is to admit to being incompetent and wrong in decisions. pride must be sacrificed and he needs to hands over the reins to a more experienced and streetwise navigator. theres absolutely and unequively still a major place for him at the head of things but a more astute football brain needs to be brought in at the top. a great deal of the other problems will look after themselves once this is in place. weve blamed various individuals over recent years but theres one big common denominator behind the issues.

• Like 4
9 minutes ago, GrimsbyBoro said:

I don’t think Monk was sacked because of our league position but due to a breakdown of trust behind the scenes caused by our transfer dealings.

Does anyone know what happened with the legal proceedings against Monk? 

There is a good write up here about the goings on at the time. Apparently a "settlement" was reached.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/sportsnews/article-7214509/Middlesbroughs-new-bombshell-accusations-Garry-Monk.html

• Like 1
12 minutes ago, Redcar Rioja said:

There is a good write up here about the goings on at the time. Apparently a "settlement" was reached.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/sportsnews/article-7214509/Middlesbroughs-new-bombshell-accusations-Garry-Monk.html

Thank you that’s a good read interesting to see that there were question marks from other clubs as well.

Monk and Pulis really show why we need to evolve.  

• Like 1
42 minutes ago, GrimsbyBoro said:

I don’t think Monk was sacked because of our league position but due to a breakdown of trust behind the scenes caused by our transfer dealings.

Does anyone know what happened with the legal proceedings against Monk? 

Ah - okay. Well, it was still pretty ridiculous the way things panned out.

Makes you wonder about the interview / recruitment process. Also speaks to a lack of communication and/or oversight when it comes to transfers.

Again makes you think we really could use a DoF at the club to handle that part of things.

The other thing I wanted to highlight was the ridiculous idea of throwing a load of money at a new manager and expecting them to get us promoted that season. Puts a lot of pressure on them and creates problems if it doesn't work out.

Edited by AnglianRed
  • Like 3
44 minutes ago, AnglianRed said:

Ah - okay. Well, it was still pretty ridiculous the way things panned out.

Makes you wonder about the interview / recruitment process. Also speaks to a lack of communication and/or oversight when it comes to transfers.

Again makes you think we really could use a DoF at the club to handle that part of things.

The other thing I wanted to highlight was the ridiculous idea of throwing a load of money at a new manager and expecting them to get us promoted that season. Puts a lot of pressure on them and creates problems if it doesn't work out.

Well I have just been down a rabbit hole reading old one Boro posts on Monk.

This isn’t hindsight but when we got relegated I really thought we just needed evolution but ended up with revolution.

Even after the ‘big names’ had gone we had a decent squad and an established way of playing.

it’s a shame we threw so much money and mortgaged the next few years at the club on a really unnecessary gamble.

I get why Gibbo did it, he wanted to appease the fans by playing ‘better football’ (whatever that is).

Secondly it’s how he has always worked at boro 

• Like 3
4 minutes ago, Brunners said:

In actual transfer news:

If true, feel we should be in for him too, honestly.

Has he actually done much for them?

Low scoring attacking midfielder in one of the most attacking Championship sides.

Agree @TeaCider24. I dont know why but I thought Marcondes was a big player for Brentford with decent stats but in fact his stats are not that great.

That said if we are looking for cover/competition for Tav he could be a good bet I guess as stats dont paint a full picture and its stats I am currently going of for him.

I've always quite liked Emiliano when I've seen him for Brentford, the issue for me is that I don't think Warnock wants or would best utilise a player like him. Which is a real shame, we could at least have put our hat in the ring were we a different type of team.

1 minute ago, Borolad1876 said:

I think we will be in the top 4 next season, I trust warnock if he's given the correct support which it sounds like he is, shame about bolasie but we move on.

What's a shame about Bolasie?

• Downsouth changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Post Mortem Time""
  • Old Codger changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Sporar Tomorar?""