oneBoro Forum

Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Post Mortem Time""

2 hours ago, Dan_Boro_Till_I_Die said:

I think around October he will walk when the fans turn 😂. Or somehow he delivers. If it was up to me he'd be gone now. 

I think the club are just going with the safe option keeping warnock on for another year. Clubs don’t know what’s going to happen with finances because of covid and we are already skint. 
Plus what calibre of manager could we of attracted this summer? 

• Like 1
  • Replies 19.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Offer has been accepted bauser has had his critics but he has pulled masterstrokes on both of these.  Now over to you Leo!  Payero small issues look sorted should be an announcement tomorrow or f

Gibson doing a Gibson. Having another punt, pushing for Bolasie, this Argentinian and money available for a couple more. (Not a lot though) Spence going for ÂŁ5m

Not been keeping up but Sporar should be sorted by Tuesday 

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, ABH said:

I think the club are just going with the safe option keeping warnock on for another year. Clubs don’t know what’s going to happen with finances because of covid and we are already skint. 

Don't know but I'd have Alex Neil who is out of work and wasn't on big money at Preston. 

5 minutes ago, ABH said:

Maybe someone with a bit of future instead of another start-stop season. Regardless of what happens we're likely starting all over again in 12 months and we're making the exact same mistakes like when we gave Pulis one year too long. Whether you like Warnock or not it's just a fact that the new manager next year will be lumbered with Warnock style players instead of just making the managerial transition now when the squad is ready for rebuilding.

• Like 2
5 minutes ago, Borodane said:

Maybe someone with a bit of future instead of another start-stop season. Regardless of what happens we're likely starting all over again in 12 months and we're making the exact same mistakes like when we gave Pulis one year too long. Whether you like Warnock or not it's just a fact that the new manager next year will be lumbered with Warnock style players instead of just making the managerial transition now when the squad is ready for rebuilding.

But who is going to come in now. Next season we might be in a better financial situation and how many warnock style players will the new manager be lumbered with he’s said he wants to bring in about 9 players but most of them will probably be loans.

12 minutes ago, Dan_Boro_Till_I_Die said:

Don't know but I'd have Alex Neil who is out of work and wasn't on big money at Preston. 

It looks like he is going to West Brom and we can’t compete with them

10 minutes ago, Borodane said:

Then we should choose a manager who can get the most out of what we have.

If we don’t have players for tika taka then let’s not appoint a manager who wants to do that.

Give the job to a Blackwell and then we have the consistency we are craving even if it’s not the football some want. 

Warnock could give us solid foundations that we can build on and have evolution of our playing style.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
7 minutes ago, GrimsbyBoro said:

Then we should choose a manager who can get the most out of what we have.

If we don’t have players for tika taka then let’s not appoint a manager who wants to do that.

Give the job to a Blackwell and then we have the consistency we are craving even if it’s not the football some want. 

Warnock could give us solid foundations that we can build on and have evolution of our playing style.

Eh?  We didn't have the players to play Warnock's football but we were forced to watch that *** for a year anyway.  Yeah, we could choose a manager who can get the most out of what we have, which clearly wasn't Warnock, was it?  Give the job to Blackwell?  *** me.  Some of you seem to crave mediocrity, it's utterly bizarre 🤦‍♂️

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
9 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

Eh?  We didn't have the players to play Warnock's football but we were forced to watch that *** for a year anyway.  Yeah, we could choose a manager who can get the most out of what we have, which clearly wasn't Warnock, was it?  Give the job to Blackwell?  *** me.  Some of you seem to crave mediocrity, it's utterly bizarre 🤦‍♂️

We didn’t have the players to play Warnock style of football and so shouldn’t have extended his contract. 

But because we made a mistake in the past doesn’t mean we make the same mistake again.

To fill our ranks with Warnock style players and then do a complete about face is idiotic.  It’s exactly the thinking that has got us here.

It may not be attractive to some but I couldn’t give a *** we were attractive most of the time under AK and it’s some of the most exciting times we have had in recent years. It was a massive improve on the purposeless possession under Mogga.

We cry for consistently and then cry when it’s suggest we go for consistency. 

I think a Blackwell* is exactly what we need if we want to be consistent and not endure another round of flip flopping.

* notice I have twice said a Blackwell. 

• Like 2

Why don't be appoint a manager who plays some football, and use that as the consistency to build upon then?  Isn't that the logical approach?

Surely the best 'a Blackwell' would be the actual Blackwell who is already here, or maybe you didn't mean him, just someone like him but not him? 🤦‍♂️

9 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

Why don't be appoint a manager who plays some football, and use that as the consistency to build upon then?  Isn't that the logical approach?

Surely the best 'a Blackwell' would be the actual Blackwell who is already here, or maybe you didn't mean him, just someone like him but not him? 🤦‍♂️

I would happy to appoint someone who plays “some football” (whatever that means - I assume by that you mean fitting to your own personal taste) as long as we then appointed someone who played “some football” afterwards.

If we were going to do that though the logical time to do it was at the end of the season and bring someone in with virtually a clean slate. 

If we do it next season then we are just repeating history by filling our squad with a certain type of player and bringing in a manager who plays completely different. The cycle then continues. And you would be the first to write 12 paragraphs explaining why this was idiotic. 

The logical thing to do then when we replace Warnock is not to flip flop but appoint someone with a similar style who could evolve the team.

as for ‘a Blackwell’ you can read (well second time round after I pointed it out). If we have Warnock in charge this coming season the next season I think we should appoint ‘a Blackwell’.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, GrimsbyBoro said:

We didn’t have the players to play Warnock style of football and so shouldn’t have extended his contract. 

But because we made a mistake in the past doesn’t mean we make the same mistake again.

To fill our ranks with Warnock style players and then do a complete about face is idiotic.  It’s exactly the thinking that has got us here.

It may not be attractive to some but I couldn’t give a *** we were attractive most of the time under AK and it’s some of the most exciting times we have had in recent years. It was a massive improve on the purposeless possession under Mogga.

We cry for consistently and then cry when it’s suggest we go for consistency. 

I think a Blackwell* is exactly what we need if we want to be consistent and not endure another round of flip flopping.

* notice I have twice said a Blackwell. 

There is definitely a sort of logic there. I think most of the disagreement is because people fear Blackwell & Jepson will just deliver more of the same as we've had with Warnock.

Given there is at least some probability that one of them will inherit the post when NW retires, I think we should brace ourselves accordingly.

I'd like to think they would be able to improve the team...and performances...but I wouldn't be confident enough to put money on it.

I guess we also have to factor in how attractive a club like Boro would be to managers who want to play exciting, attacking, skill-based football...but who would need a decent transfer budget to make it happen.

• Like 1
46 minutes ago, GrimsbyBoro said:

I would happy to appoint someone who plays “some football” (whatever that means - I assume by that you mean fitting to your own personal taste) as long as we then appointed someone who played “some football” afterwards.

If we were going to do that though the logical time to do it was at the end of the season and bring someone in with virtually a clean slate. 

If we do it next season then we are just repeating history by filling our squad with a certain type of player and bringing in a manager who plays completely different. The cycle then continues. And you would be the first to write 12 paragraphs explaining why this was idiotic. 

The logical thing to do then when we replace Warnock is not to flip flop but appoint someone with a similar style who could evolve the team.

as for ‘a Blackwell’ you can read (well second time round after I pointed it out). If we have Warnock in charge this coming season the next season I think we should appoint ‘a Blackwell’.

Ok so what do you mean by 'a Blackwell' if you don't mean the actual one?  

By playing some football I mean passing the ball to each other, a bit of creativity, pace is optional but certainly useful.  We should be basing everything we do on that, and appointing every manager to fit it, obviously a bit more in depth than that of course.  The logical thing is to not give Warnock much to spend this season, maintain our place in the league, and then make a sensible appointment.  I don't think we'll do that, and from reading what you've posted, I don't think you do either.  But that's what we should be doing, in absence of just removing him now, and moving on, which is what I'd prefer.

• Downsouth changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Post Mortem Time""
  • Old Codger changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Sporar Tomorar?""