oneBoro Forum

Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Post Mortem Time""

8 minutes ago, boro-unger said:

It would be great if we were looking to move to a more modern system of running the club. A sporting director who can provide a 'golden thread' running through the club would be great. 

I imagine Warnocks nose won't be put out by this as he knows he is not here long term anyway. He may be the one suggesting things like this to SG, who knows. 

😅

• Haha 1
  • Replies 19.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Offer has been accepted bauser has had his critics but he has pulled masterstrokes on both of these.  Now over to you Leo!  Payero small issues look sorted should be an announcement tomorrow or f

Gibson doing a Gibson. Having another punt, pushing for Bolasie, this Argentinian and money available for a couple more. (Not a lot though) Spence going for £5m

Not been keeping up but Sporar should be sorted by Tuesday 

Posted Images

40 minutes ago, RiversideRed said:

Boro are unlikely to make a move for Nottingham Forest striker Lyle Taylor, with the club not being able to afford his transfer fee or wages.

Like many I was all over Taylor on a free last summer but he did next to nothing last season. Not sure on what basis he is commanding a fee as he was non existent last season.  

So apparently, the sporting director job role has been massively kept quiet so at this stage unsure if it's true or not, but in regards to Keiran Scott, it's believed he is taking over from Stuart Webber next summer so it would be a massive surprise if he left.

Hoillet deal is unfortunately happening, but it's delayed because he's on international duty apparently but he will sign.

Like I said previously, Bolasie deal is still way way off and unless his agent demands come down significantly then he won't be signing.

Wyke has informed the club that he wants to join the club and the deal looked like it was happening but Boro have stalled.

Gibson wants to club to be as close as self run as possible financially (stating the obvious I know), but gone are the times of giving players 25k a week so players like Deidhou won't be happening unless terms are reduced. 

Going to be a extremely budget summer transfer spree and we are hoping for the sale of Spence and possible saville to help us fund a bit of movement.

• Like 9
6 minutes ago, diggerlad07 said:

So apparently, the sporting director job role has been massively kept quiet so at this stage unsure if it's true or not, but in regards to Keiran Scott, it's believed he is taking over from Stuart Webber next summer so it would be a massive surprise if he left.

Hoillet deal is unfortunately happening, but it's delayed because he's on international duty apparently but he will sign.

Like I said previously, Bolasie deal is still way way off and unless his agent demands come down significantly then he won't be signing.

Wyke has informed the club that he wants to join the club and the deal looked like it was happening but Boro have stalled.

Gibson wants to club to be as close as self run as possible financially (stating the obvious I know), but gone are the times of giving players 25k a week so players like Deidhou won't be happening unless terms are reduced. 

Going to be a extremely budget summer transfer spree and we are hoping for the sale of Spence and possible saville to help us fund a bit of movement.

Assuming Hoilett is just a one-year contract, possibly two?

It doesn't sound like we're in for the most exciting of summers but we'll have to see.

Has Smith come up for talks yet?

If we're looking to move Saville on then maybe Mpanzu is coming then?

5 minutes ago, RiversideRed said:

It doesn't sound like we're in for the most exciting of summers but we'll have to see.

Smith talks were happening this weekend with Bausor although he's already held talks with Warnock previously.

Not sure on length of contract sorry for Hoillet but he's literally coming for nothing

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, RiversideRed said:

Maybe stalling on wyke, as smith is close to signing ?

3 minutes ago, diggerlad07 said:

Smith talks were happening this weekend with Bausor although he's already held talks with Warnock previously.

Not sure on length of contract sorry for Hoillet but he's literally coming for nothing

I assume we've agreed a fee with Rotherham for Smith if he's up for talks?

14 minutes ago, Neverbefore said:

Bolasie and kebano to hoilett would be a huge downgrade. I hope it's not true.

I wasnt overly fussed on kebano, certainly wouldn't build the team around him

• Like 1
24 minutes ago, diggerlad07 said:

Love a good diggerlad update

4 minutes ago, Smogzilla said:

I assume we've agreed a fee with Rotherham for Smith if he's up for talks?

No fee agreed as far as I am aware but it doesn't appear to be a problem especially with the relationship between Warnock and Warne.

I actually liked Kebano and would of loved to have him back but we simply won't be able to afford signings like that unless a daft bid comes in for the likes of Fry or Tav.

• Like 2
35 minutes ago, scotty189 said:

I wasnt overly fussed on kebano, certainly wouldn't build the team around him

I thought he looked lively and skillful but unsurprisingly just didn't fit into what the manager wanted him to do

• Like 1
  • Downsouth changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Post Mortem Time""
  • Old Codger changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Sporar Tomorar?""