oneBoro Forum

Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Post Mortem Time""

If Zach Hemming has joined Killie on loan that leaves just one of Brad James and Sol Brynn to go out on loan as one of them two will be the 3rd choice for new season.

• Replies 19.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Offer has been accepted bauser has had his critics but he has pulled masterstrokes on both of these.  Now over to you Leo!  Payero small issues look sorted should be an announcement tomorrow or f

Gibson doing a Gibson. Having another punt, pushing for Bolasie, this Argentinian and money available for a couple more. (Not a lot though) Spence going for £5m

Not been keeping up but Sporar should be sorted by Tuesday 

Posted Images

13 minutes ago, TLF10 said:

If Zach Hemming has joined Killie on loan that leaves just one of Brad James and Sol Brynn to go out on loan as one of them two will be the 3rd choice for new season.

I reckon Brad James will probably stay at Hartlepool for their first season back in the EFL. Just a guess though. Need another keeper if Dejan leaves

56 minutes ago, Neverbefore said:

Thats not on the recruitment team - it's Warnock who refuses to sign anyone he hasn't personally scouted and it's Warnock who is watching 30 seconds of players recommended by our recruitment teams and deciding they're no good. You're right that given those parameters, our pool of players we can recruit from is going to be very narrow.

Well it could be, if they haven't been recommending the kind of players he is looking for.

Or else it speaks to more poor communication if they haven't been given the right instructions.

Some people adopt the, "If you want something done properly...do it yourself..." philosophy if they find others aren't doing what they want. Maybe thats whats going on here...unless Warnock has had the same approach at his other clubs. 🤷‍♂️

11 hours ago, LBP said:

Smith's League 1 record 

173 Games 41 Goals 17 Assists

Gestede's Championship record

178 Games 48 Goals 18 Assists

Their records in their most played leagues are so similar, obviously Gestede's a level above so he's the higher quality player but tells us a lot about what we can expect from our soon to be main man in next season's promotion charge

I'm surprised that Gestede has actually managed 178 games in his career so I just checked and according to Wiki he has managed 284 games over his entire career which for a 32 year old isn't many. Smith at three years younger has played 410 games so at least he may be available for selection instead of sending in a sick note. They both seem to have a 1:4 ratio which isn't great but much more useful if fit and available and that's before we consider the respective costs involved for fees and wages.

• Like 1
On 6/20/2021 at 3:15 PM, Daveybongeye said:

Give over man, dear me.

I don't mean those teams mentioned could outbid us now, I was merely pointing out those team were in the same division as us back then & we couldn't compete with them

Probably similar stories of smaller championship clubs than us who are ahead of us when potential players names are mentioned 

Michael bloody Smith... that has to be the most Warnock signing I’ve ever heard. He must tick every box that Warnock is looking for...

English

Over 6 foot 

Nearly 30 

No sell on value 

Journeyman 

Cart horse 

It nearly seems too good to be true!

• Like 2
7 minutes ago, J.T. said:

Michael bloody Smith... that has to be the most Warnock signing I’ve ever heard. He must tick every box that Warnock is looking for...

English

Over 6 foot 

Nearly 30 

No sell on value 

Journeyman 

Cart horse 

And cheap

30 minutes ago, ABH said:

And cheap

The fee rumoured around Rotherham's media was £1.2m, not even that cheap in the current climate

39 minutes ago, J.T. said:

English

Over 6 foot 

Nearly 30 

No sell on value 

Journeyman 

Cart horse 

you missed ***. But that might come under cart horse lol

• Like 1
1 minute ago, LBP said:

The fee rumoured around Rotherham's media was £1.2m, not even that cheap in the current climate

I would be amazed if the fee is anywhere near that, because we don't have 1.2m.

27 minutes ago, Brunners said:

I would be amazed if the fee is anywhere near that, because we don't have 1.2m.

And he out of contract in 12 months

Wait we are paying 1.2 million for a cart horse when there is mendez Gomes a young up coming player with lots of potential avaliable for less! It's bonkers more wasted money we already wasted millions on Akpom yet we doing the same again 

6 minutes ago, DurhamRed said:

Wait we are paying 1.2 million for a cart horse when there is mendez Gomes a young up coming player with lots of potential avaliable for less! It's bonkers more wasted money we already wasted millions on Akpom yet we doing the same again 

no, we're not paying 1.2m for Smith.

• Downsouth changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Post Mortem Time""
  • Old Codger changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Sporar Tomorar?""