• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Offer has been accepted bauser has had his critics but he has pulled masterstrokes on both of these.  Now over to you Leo!  Payero small issues look sorted should be an announcement tomorrow or f

Gibson doing a Gibson. Having another punt, pushing for Bolasie, this Argentinian and money available for a couple more. (Not a lot though) Spence going for £5m

Not been keeping up but Sporar should be sorted by Tuesday 

Posted Images

He’s clearly showed signs and symptoms of depression and needs to seek professional help. Some of these things were no doubt brought on by himself or the circle of people he was surrounding himself with (I’m thinking agents here) but there’s also no doubt social media played a major role too. Why professional sports persons especially footballers would be on social media unless it’s ran by a third party is completely beyond me 

• Like 6
7 minutes ago, Uwe said:

He’s clearly showed signs and symptoms of depression and needs to seek professional help. Some of these things were no doubt brought on by himself or the circle of people he was surrounding himself with (I’m thinking agents here) but there’s also no doubt social media played a major role too. Why professional sports persons especially footballers would be on social media unless it’s ran by a third party is completely beyond me 

eye its like they want the fame and attention but dont. guys like him probably just want to be a regular guy and do whatever they want to do. but when a footballer its like a ball and chain for them. i wouldnt bother with social media personally. though i would no doubt have my oneboro secret account. and blindly defend myself if i was gash from u lot haha

7 minutes ago, Dynamo Kev said:

eye its like they want the fame and attention but dont. guys like him probably just want to be a regular guy and do whatever they want to do. but when a footballer its like a ball and chain for them. i wouldnt bother with social media personally. though i would no doubt have my oneboro secret account. and blindly defend myself if i was gash from u lot haha

Assombalonga is that you?

• Haha 3

That's a sad article which rather dispels the notion that professional footballers have a cushy life. Obscenely well paid, yes, but soul-sapping in many ways. He should be given work touring schools and sports academies, telling people about the realities of 'the dream' to ensure they go into a sporting career with their eyes open.

Good luck to Marcus. Hope he finds contentment somewhere, even if it's away from football. 

• Like 4

A very sad tale by Marcus Maddison that makes uncomfortable reading. Football can magnify the highs and lows and it certainly exposes any cracks in a players mental health, both during and after a playing career. I lost my best fiend to suicide, triggered we believe by a long term injury that left him unable to play again. I admire Marcus greatly for accepting his situation and I hope he finds some peace and even a bit of joy again in playing the game

• Like 5

Sorry to sound harsh, but I think Madison's view on life is negative. He crosses me as the type of person, that never look to them selves, when blame is to be placed. It's always someone else's fault.  

I'm glad we never signed him, although his stats were impressive ... 

49 minutes ago, SmogDane said:

Sorry to sound harsh, but I think Madison's view on life is negative. He crosses me as the type of person, that never look to them selves, when blame is to be placed. It's always someone else's fault.  

Did you even bother reading the article? Sorry but you come across as someone who either knows nothing about depression or have never suffered with it or know anyone close to you with it. 

I suffer from it as does my wife, she has it worse than I do, it affects her ability to do even the most simple things like going to the shop or making a phone call, it's an awful illness.

• Like 3
1 hour ago, SmogDane said:

How much control do you think every person has over their view on life? I don't think that's fair to state from that article, to be honest. I think he's done the right thing to get out of pro football because the level he was playing at, he seemingly didn't feel comfortable getting the kind of support he sounds like he needs. We've got all sorts of positive mental health messages we speak about, that clubs push out when they're asked to promote them but its situations like this that make me wonder just how much clubs actually understand what it means to tackle that.

Clearly there was an issue with Maddison that kept clubs from bringing him up to the Championship. You don't hit numbers like he did without even a nibble. But why was nobody willing to bring him on board and see if they could help him with that? On one hand, maybe he was just a trouble-maker, that's what the rumours were, that his attitude was awful. But it wouldn't be the first time I've heard someone struggling with mental health issues to be 'the problem'.

As much as we talk about talking to one another, what actually happens in reality at times is that mental health issues are your own problems, your own negativity and you can keep it the hell away from us like it's bloody contagious. People in a strong position without those problems don't understand it so they don't need to give a toss, all that matters to some people is the bottom line. My current boss took me for a walk round by Middlesbrough College after I started having anxiety attacks just to ask about it and it meant a great deal to me. My previous boss brought in somebody else whose wife suffered from mental health issues to deal with me whilst he sat there only saying he had no idea what it was all about and was often just staring into space. I guarantee that the former accepts my problems and the latter 100% thought I was a problem.

• Like 2
34 minutes ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

Did you even bother reading the article? Sorry but you come across as someone who either knows nothing about depression or have never suffered with it or know anyone close to you with it. 

I suffer from it as does my wife, she has it worse than I do, it affects her ability to do even the most simple things like going to the shop or making a phone call, it's an awful illness.

No need to be rude, DZ! 

Twenty years ago, I had a major depression with really bad anxiety, lasting more than a year... But you know what. ... i worked with my own my mind, and found my way out of it, it is possible ... 

The key is not to bathe in one's own misery. 

From the day, I found the key within myself, I have been really really strong. 

And ... I didn't talk about his mental health ..I talked about his attitude .. 

To quote Mr. Miyagi ... If TV falls down 7 times ... Put it on the wall 8 times

3 minutes ago, SmogDane said:

No need to be rude, DZ! 

Twenty years ago, I had a major depression with really bad anxiety, lasting more than a year... But you know what. ... i worked with my own my mind, and found my way out of it, it is possible ... 

The key is not to bathe in one's own misery. 

From the day, I found the key within myself, I have been really really strong. 

And ... I didn't talk about his mental health ..I talked about his attitude .. 

To quote Mr. Miyagi ... If TV falls down 7 times ... Put it on the wall 8 times

Did you seek help or deal with it by yourself, mate?

I've known a few people also go the solo route and plenty of them live with it continuously as a result. It's hard and the important thing for me is that we shouldn't judge those who struggle to do it by themselves just because some people can manage by themselves.

The important thing that happens is that you come out the other side, as you fortunately have. Some won't and the evidence is there that getting help significantly improves your chances of dealing with it better in the long run. We shouldn't judge someone's attitude from being able to deal with it on their own, it's a sure-fire way to ensure people who need help don't get it and start blaming themselves for an issue they literally might not be able to manage through willpower alone.

• Like 2
  • Downsouth changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Post Mortem Time""
  • Old Codger changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Sporar Tomorar?""