oneBoro Forum

Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Post Mortem Time""

39 minutes ago, LinoJo3 said:

Counter act that with spending tens of millions on Britt, Fletcher, gestede, howson, Akpom and probably saville and getting nothing back in return.

Your argument is true if we were good at buying players but we aren’t. I will never NEVER understand the club (via the gazette) talking about good managers/coaches/scouts and loan transfers being too expensive only to see us waste absolute fortunes on total garbage anyway.

I just want us for once to flip it round and have a go at spending the money on the management side of the club rather than pointless dross players. We did it once with kenyon and look what happened, Leeds did it with bielsa, wolves did it, Leicester did it (in league 1), Southampton did it. 

Yeah it’s not guaranteed to work etc etc, neither are expensive players, we’ve gone down the expensive players route year after year and it ISNT WORKING. Let’s try a different way and we might start getting somewhere.

Lets give the club some credit, we only wasted a lot of money one poor player last summer when it's usually 2 or 3

• Haha 2
  • Replies 19.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Offer has been accepted bauser has had his critics but he has pulled masterstrokes on both of these.  Now over to you Leo!  Payero small issues look sorted should be an announcement tomorrow or f

Gibson doing a Gibson. Having another punt, pushing for Bolasie, this Argentinian and money available for a couple more. (Not a lot though) Spence going for £5m

Not been keeping up but Sporar should be sorted by Tuesday 

Posted Images

4 hours ago, RiversideRed said:

Shame about Mendes-Gomes. He's a good age at just 22.

But instead we seem to be looking at the age range of 28-30 market with no resale value or excitement.

On the flip side we have missed out on a player who has played no higher than league two, not sure if that's exciting or just a risk

39 minutes ago, diggerlad07 said:

Lazaro from Flamengo. 

Us, Huddersfield and Birmingham are looking at player.

Aren't work permit rules gonna prove a problem for something like this?

• Like 1
15 minutes ago, Brunners said:

Aren't work permit rules gonna prove a problem for something like this?

You would think so.  He's never even started a game for Flamengo by the looks of it.  Only had 101 mins of football in total.   Maybe being a youth international for Brazil counts for something?

The work permit rules were altered recently, it is easier to sign players from South America than before. The fact he's played a couple of times for Flamengo's 1st team probably helps his case.

• Like 1
29 minutes ago, scotty189 said:

Yeah any update on this squire

As far as I am aware, Smith has agreed to come and terms agreed in principle but there's a gap in valuation that needs to met.

Mpanzu still in talks with Luton regarding extension but we are in pole position should he decide to leave. Him and his representatives have held talks with Bausor and player visited rockcliffe.

I find it strange that Warnock hasn't been involved in face to face meeting with some of our targets this summer.

3 minutes ago, diggerlad07 said:

As far as I am aware, Smith has agreed to come and terms agreed in principle but there's a gap in valuation that needs to met.

Mpanzu still in talks with Luton regarding extension but we are in pole position should he decide to leave. Him and his representatives have held talks with Bausor and player visited rockcliffe.

I find it strange that Warnock hasn't been involved in face to face meeting with some of our targets this summer.

He's allowed a break with Sharon

• Haha 2
6 minutes ago, diggerlad07 said:

Could be a bit off-putting.

premier league football GIF by BT Sport

"Are you gonna sign for us or what?"

• Haha 9
21 minutes ago, diggerlad07 said:

Thank you

45 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

Could be a bit off-putting.

premier league football GIF by BT Sport

"Are you gonna sign for us or what?"

I imagine he just phones players up and says "are you with me?" And then hangs up.

• Downsouth changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Post Mortem Time""
  • Old Codger changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Sporar Tomorar?""