oneBoro Forum

Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Post Mortem Time""

36 minutes ago, J.T. said:

Are you claiming that Hoilett is consistent, reliable and dependable? Because I know a lot of Cardiff City fans who would beg to differ. 

I happen to know a lot of Cardiff fans too and their view that he is consistent, reliable and dependable.. he just isn't as flashy as most in his position. 

I've also been in a position where I have seen lots of Cardiff games live in the last 5 years and I think we could do a lot worse than Hoilett

• Like 1
  • Replies 19.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Offer has been accepted bauser has had his critics but he has pulled masterstrokes on both of these.  Now over to you Leo!  Payero small issues look sorted should be an announcement tomorrow or f

Gibson doing a Gibson. Having another punt, pushing for Bolasie, this Argentinian and money available for a couple more. (Not a lot though) Spence going for £5m

Not been keeping up but Sporar should be sorted by Tuesday 

Posted Images

25 minutes ago, AnglianRed said:

Sadly we're not going to do that while Warnock is in charge. He's probably only here for next season and will continue to try to bring in the kind of players he likes, regardless of how it may affect the club after he's gone.

The club is also unlikely to change its philosophy as long as Gibson clings to the idea that big-money splurges are the only way to get Boro back into the PL.

Instead of coming out with comments about smashing the league, I'd much rather he made a pre-season statement along the lines that the club is going to undergo a complete change from the bottom up, in terms of playing philosophy, management and recruitment style.

That he's building a management team that can draw up a roadmap for the club for the next 3+ years ahead and that we should be prepared to take a couple of backward steps in order to make steady progress.

As you said, we've been trying to do things his way for the last decade or more and got lucky once. Even then the club was hopelessly (and hilariously) unprepared to compete in the PL.

Anglian, mate, i respect you greatly as a  poster and usually agree with your sentiments and thoughts ...but i worry about that line late in your post regarding being prepared to take a few backward steps.  To what extent, exactly, id say the low point positionally we were in before Warnock stepped in was thw furthest backward we should allow because god forbid we actually dropped into div 1 , i  genuinelly worry about our management team being capable of setting out a plan to climb back up within a relatively short timespan.  of course if your meaning of stepping back was aimed at gibson himself  i  take back my reservations on the point in matter.  id settle for treading water in the championship for half a dozen seasons in the hope that our time comes around again.  Warnock  saved us from a doom situation and even though i wasnt his greatest fan i give him that in his credit bank but i have no faith whatsoever in his blueprint both transfer/loan wise or tactically to steer us forward from the maelstrom were in. at higher level we have the same analogy  with 1986 and gibson. he needs to own up to his terrible choices with staff, media control and apathy towards fans, i almost feel sick writing this but  one of his worst decisions was  replacing keith(sacrificial) lamb , bauser is a fish out of water in the football world , he needs to go , before he (neil,s) below gibsons sword, which im sure is being readied. oh and if he needs accompaning out the out door maybe take Gill along. 

18 hours ago, diggerlad07 said:

Lazaro from Flamengo. 

Us, Huddersfield and Birmingham are looking at player.

Can't say I know anything about him but that's the kind of signing that gets the fans excited. If we fill our team with championship journeyman and one brazillian wonderkid then that's good enough for me. Look at how good João Pedro turned out to be for Watford.

So preseason starts on Thursday, we’re 8 players down (I think) and 1 player in, plus 5 players coming back from long term injury…. Do you think we will have a couple more in by then?

Could be a very small squad going to Cornwall…

5 minutes ago, Smogzilla said:

Bordeaux need to sell, they went into administration. Could see this happening, actually.

14 minutes ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

Bordeaux need to sell, they went into administration. Could see this happening, actually.

Yeah just read that now. Makes it more plausible at least.

3 minutes ago, RichAcklam2404 said:

According to L’Equipe he’s on €65,000 a week, signed a 4 and a half year deal too! Dear me

That can't be right. They signed him as a teenager from a league one club. No way he's earning that much in the French league.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Smogzilla said:

That can't be right. They signed him as a teenager from a league one club. No way he's earning that much in the French league.

I’m just going off google however young British talent comes at a premium nowadays. 

• Downsouth changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Post Mortem Time""
  • Old Codger changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Sporar Tomorar?""