• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Offer has been accepted bauser has had his critics but he has pulled masterstrokes on both of these.  Now over to you Leo!  Payero small issues look sorted should be an announcement tomorrow or f

Gibson doing a Gibson. Having another punt, pushing for Bolasie, this Argentinian and money available for a couple more. (Not a lot though) Spence going for £5m

Not been keeping up but Sporar should be sorted by Tuesday 

Posted Images

7 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

I wonder, if Spence played for Forest, whether we'd see him as a decent signing considering the financial state of things.

snoop dogg smile GIF by VH1

Probably not.

His stats are much worse than Ameobi's, and Ameobi's aren't particularly impressive.

In no world would anyone be excited by a winger with 1 goal and 0 assists in 41 appearances.

6 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

Probably not.

His stats are much worse than Ameobi's, and Ameobi's aren't particularly impressive.

In no world would anyone be excited by a winger with 1 goal and 0 assists in 41 appearances.

Spence isn't a winger for a start, so that helps.

13 minutes ago, TheJew said:

Ameobi, Maja, Smith, Mullin, Bolasie, Kebano (loan) and Mpanzu.

Could be worse tbf.

I'd be willing to bet at this moment in time that only Ameobi, Smith, Mullin and Mpanzu are in any way likely. Bolasie and Maja may be welcomed but the question of money makes them very unlikely at this stage and I don't think there's much of a chance of Kebano coming unless Fulham actually don't want him there. Given his impact on their previous occasions at this level, that would seem like a non-starter. I don't think we've even been properly linked with him beyond the end of the season.

Just now, wilsoncgp said:

Spence isn't a winger for a start, so that helps.

Well, he's played the vast majority of his games for us as one, so I'd say that's the only way to view him.

If he's not then why were you using him as a direct comparison to a winger?

If you're viewing him as a defender, I'd also not be excited by him given he can't defend.

Just now, TeaCider24 said:

Well, he's played the vast majority of his games for us as one, so I'd say that's the only way to view him.

If he's not then why were you using him as a direct comparison to a winger?

If you're viewing him as a defender, I'd also not be excited by him given he can't defend.

I didn't make a direct comparison at all. It was intended to be a bit tongue-in-cheek anyway but it was more a question of how would fans react to signing a young player who had a decent start at Forest and would come cheap, not "Here's 2 wingers, compare".

Given how some are responding to some of those we're looking at this summer, I don't think it'd be beyond the stretch of the imagination to suggest some would view it positively.

24 minutes ago, Maccarone said:

Guesswork or more ITK?

We are in negotiations with all of them. Ref Kebano the door was left open to him to return and it is in Fulham's hands. Fulham yet to make a decision.

39 minutes ago, TheJew said:

Could be worse tbf.

If Warnock pulled this off then it’d be dream land. Only ones I can see coming are Ameobi Smith and Mullin whilst we panic buy for the others.

2 hours ago, smogsterking the Inspirati said:

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/aston-villa-ready-offer-jack-9703733

In transfer window history. This would have to be up there with the Downing Bale swap.

I remember that... It was not long after some daft occurrence he had with either shisha or laughing gas. Boro fans were vehemently against it.

10 minutes ago, TheJew said:

We are in negotiations with all of them. Ref Kebano the door was left open to him to return and it is in Fulham's hands. Fulham yet to make a decision.

4 strikers ooosh

46 minutes ago, TheJew said:

Could be worse tbf.

Realistically I think you can cross Maja, Bolasie and Kebano off that list, so yes, we will probably worse off.

• Like 2

Fulham's new Manager will have no affinity towards Kebano or the rest of the Fulham squad and like as not will have a target list of his own so I wouldn't be surprised if he was available although I would guess for a fee and not as a loan. Maja is not worth anything remotely close to £9M although considering what we paid for Gestede who knows. Ameobi seems to have worse stats than Marvin from last season so I struggle to see him as an upgrade just a squad filler with experience.

• Downsouth changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Post Mortem Time""
  • Old Codger changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Sporar Tomorar?""