• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Offer has been accepted bauser has had his critics but he has pulled masterstrokes on both of these.  Now over to you Leo!  Payero small issues look sorted should be an announcement tomorrow or f

Gibson doing a Gibson. Having another punt, pushing for Bolasie, this Argentinian and money available for a couple more. (Not a lot though) Spence going for £5m

Not been keeping up but Sporar should be sorted by Tuesday 

Posted Images

On 5/22/2021 at 10:34 PM, Ayresome7 said:

We have a weird relationship with Sunderland and a strange fascination with being linked to their players. Wouldn’t surprise me if Wyke and McGeady came here this summer 

McGeady is close to signing a new deal, don't be getting any ideas. Also aren't we not interested in Wyke?

Just now, SzilardNemethsCurtains said:

McGeady is close to signing a new deal, don't be getting any ideas. Also aren't we not interested in Wyke?

Did you just reply to a post more than a month old? lol

1 minute ago, Aphex_Boro said:

Akpom bound to be close to an exit as well?

Wouldnt be surprised if its a done deal just waiting on getting the big men up top through the door.

Akpom has been offered to a few teams. Hull were keen but valuation significantly different.

2 minutes ago, TheJew said:

Akpom has been offered to a few teams. Hull were keen but valuation significantly different.

At least we are looking at getting a fee and not a loan to leave him with 1 year left on his contract when he comes back. 

42 minutes ago, DevKWat said:

Ameobi Announced. Woo…

Im  very happy with that, I love a player  who brings a bit of  unpredictability to our play, He always keeps  defenders guessing as to what he will do. Often he doesnt  seem to know himself!!

• Like 2
21 minutes ago, BearSmog said:

I'm happy with this signing.  Upgrade on Johnson. Better player than his stats suggest. Suitable for promotion push.

Get behind him!

Stats for them both last season:

Johnson, 4 goals and 5 assists, Ameobi 3 goals and 2 assists

Johnson goal conversion 15%, Ameobi goal conversion 7%

Johnson shot accuracy 52%, Ameobi shot accuracy 37%

Johnson chances created 31, Ameobi chances created 17

Johnson pass accuracy 58%, Ameobi pass accuracy 69%

Based on the above apart from his passing stat I'm really struggling how Ameobi can be considered an upgrade on Johnson? A useful squad filler maybe but not an upgrade based on those numbers.

1 minute ago, Redcar Rioja said:

Based on the above apart from his passing stat I'm really struggling how Ameobi can be considered an upgrade on Johnson? A useful squad filler maybe but not an upgrade based on those numbers.

and if you did it based on the season prior, Ameobi would be miles ahead of Johnson. Swings and roundabouts really. Ameobi struggled in a Forest side that struggled as a whole, so I would expect his numbers to improve a bit, even if they don't get back to his 9 assists of the previous season.

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, Redcar Rioja said:

Combine the last two seasons together and it's a different story, though. Which is perhaps a fair comparison given Johnson barely played for us until then and that's when Forest signed Ameobi.

Also worth saying that collectively, Forest finished 17th last season whilst they finished 7th in the season Ameobi got better stats in one season than Johnson has had in his last 2 years at Boro.

Statistically that shows maybe he is an improvement on Johnson.

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, Brunners said:

and if you did it based on the season prior, Ameobi would be miles ahead of Johnson. Swings and roundabouts really. Ameobi struggled in a Forest side that struggled as a whole, so I would expect his numbers to improve a bit, even if they don't get back to his 9 assists of the previous season.

A bit like a lot of other players then who did it years ago like Britt and Gestede and Rhodes etc. etc. but never replicated it at Boro but we are hoping that Ameobi breaks that sequence. 

My point isn't that Ameobi is garbage, it's just that he is no better or worse than Johnson. The squad hasn't been negatively affected by his signing but nor has it been vastly improved either. Status Quo for me I'm afraid.

4 minutes ago, Redcar Rioja said:

A bit like a lot of other players then who did it years ago like Britt and Gestede and Rhodes etc. etc. but never replicated it at Boro but we are hoping that Ameobi breaks that sequence. 

My point isn't that Ameobi is garbage, it's just that he is no better or worse than Johnson. The squad hasn't been negatively affected by his signing but nor has it been vastly improved either. Status Quo for me I'm afraid.

Surely just by watching the 2 you can see that Ameobi is a better player?

6 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

Combine the last two seasons together and it's a different story, though. Which is perhaps a fair comparison given Johnson barely played for us until then and that's when Forest signed Ameobi.

Also worth saying that collectively, Forest finished 17th last season whilst they finished 7th in the season Ameobi got better stats in one season than Johnson has had in his last 2 years at Boro.

Statistically that shows maybe he is an improvement on Johnson.

Over their careers Ameobi averages a goal every 11 games, Johnson every 8 games, Ameobi is a year and a half younger than Johnson so there's a positive. There isn't anything between them for me other than the hope that Warnock can maybe get something extra out of him that he couldn't with Johnson. Both are decent players at this level but I don't see a huge benefit.

• Downsouth changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Post Mortem Time""
  • Old Codger changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Sporar Tomorar?""