oneBoro Forum

Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Post Mortem Time""

8 minutes ago, Humpty said:

No doubt we’re going to need faces in the midfield now. I wonder what he’s got in store for McNair this season.

I'd really hope it's midfield. But we probably need another centre back in that case, assuming Wood is going out on loan. Hall and Fry to be our starting pair and then Dijksteel and a new face to cover.

I think Paddy is good at CB, but not having him in midfield feels like a waste

• Like 2
  • Replies 19.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Offer has been accepted bauser has had his critics but he has pulled masterstrokes on both of these.  Now over to you Leo!  Payero small issues look sorted should be an announcement tomorrow or f

Gibson doing a Gibson. Having another punt, pushing for Bolasie, this Argentinian and money available for a couple more. (Not a lot though) Spence going for £5m

Not been keeping up but Sporar should be sorted by Tuesday 

Posted Images

11 minutes ago, macapes said:

It's an interesting plan if that's the case; recruit someone who is about to qualify. 

More forward thinking than I'm used to from us.

Just to expand on that:

Banfield are in the Argentine Primera Division, classed as a Band 3 League. As he has made more than 1 appearance for them in the last year, he gets 8 points. 8/15.

Domestic league appearances, he has played 62% of the available minutes (he missed two whole games due to Covid, to be safe I included these as available minutes, although I'm not sure they are). That's 5 points. 13/15

He doesn't get any points from any of the other categories as far as I can tell. Due to Argentina's high FIFA ranking, just 1 appearance at the Olympics would give him an extra 8 points minimum (not sure on the exact rules here, but this would at the very least push him into the lower band of 1-9% of international games played in), taking him well over the 15 point threshold.

• Like 3
9 minutes ago, Tom said:

I'd really hope it's midfield. But we probably need another centre back in that case, assuming Wood is going out on loan. Hall and Fry to be our starting pair and then Dijksteel and a new face to cover.

I think Paddy is good at CB, but not having him in midfield feels like a waste

I’d be surprised if Djikesteel doesn’t start. Good competition if we’re playing a back 4 though.

1 minute ago, mendieta420 said:

Sounds like a terrible deal but if we have that kind of cash maybe the Maja deal is true?

Maja is on 35k a week at Bordeaux, he'll have to seriously lower his wage demands if we're to get him. Boro want to loan him.

Personally I can't see it happening, sadly.

1 minute ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

Maja is on 35k a week at Bordeaux, he'll have to seriously lower his wage demands if we're to get him. Boro want to loan him.

Personally I can't see it happening, sadly.

Are you sure on the 35k? Been told he is on basic of 10k plus obvious bonuses.

11 minutes ago, mendieta420 said:

Sounds like a terrible deal but if we have that kind of cash maybe the Maja deal is true?

In what way? Sounds like about the right amount for a young soon-to-be Argentina international

15 minutes ago, TheJew said:

Are you sure on the 35k? Been told he is on basic of 10k plus obvious bonuses.

That's what I've been told.

In other news, John Obi Mikel's contract has been cancelled by Stoke. Would anyone like him back here?

Edit - off to Kuwait

Just now, Denzel Zanzibar said:

That's what I've been told.

In other news, John Obi Mikel's contract has been cancelled by Stoke. Would anyone like him back here?

Not at this stage.

• Downsouth changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Post Mortem Time""
  • Old Codger changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Sporar Tomorar?""