oneBoro Forum

Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Post Mortem Time""

Warnock when asked about Payero

Right, who is it? Is he a footballer? Starts laughing....

We have looked in Argentina, Brazil cause Leo's very good at that. He's got a lot of contacts as well.

Looking at the type of players who don't get fazed with the English kind of football.

Put it this way there's no way we will be paying £5.9m for a player.

• Like 1
  • Replies 19.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Offer has been accepted bauser has had his critics but he has pulled masterstrokes on both of these.  Now over to you Leo!  Payero small issues look sorted should be an announcement tomorrow or f

Gibson doing a Gibson. Having another punt, pushing for Bolasie, this Argentinian and money available for a couple more. (Not a lot though) Spence going for £5m

Not been keeping up but Sporar should be sorted by Tuesday 

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, HolgateBoy said:

I sense someones going to hijack our bid with all this information going around today about him. Could be his agent looking for the best deal?

Could be but that's the way it goes.  I'm sure we have several players that we are working on, and if we lose out on one then we'll just have to move on to the next one.  At least we're having a look.

6 minutes ago, RiversideRed said:

Warnock when asked about Payero

Right, who is it? Is he a footballer? Starts laughing....

We have looked in Argentina, Brazil cause Leo's very good at that. He's got a lot of contacts as well.

Looking at the type of players who don't get fazed with the English kind of football.

Put it this way there's no way we will be paying £5.9m for a player.

If he's just being coy as someone suggested then fair enough.  I didn't hear it so have no idea.  But I hope he isn't setting up another signing that he can act like he had nothing to do with afterwards if it doesn't work out.

12 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

He came from Greece...he had a thirst for knowledge.

He studied football at PAOK, that's where Warnock, caught his eye...

And he said "you want to play for a common gaffer, you want to play for a common gaffer like me?"...

But he didn't... understand, so Warnock just smiled and held his hand...

And that is how we came to sign Chuba Akpom...

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Hello missed all these transfers!

not remotely excited by Peltier or the lad from Wycombe 🙄

Payero sounds very exciting though, hope it happens. Is this the ‘gem of a player’ Warnock was eluding to looking to sign on the last window? 

6 minutes ago, DurhamRed said:

Atleast don't have to watch Saville miss his 2 sitters a game anymore

Atleast he actually got in them positions. We will do well to replace his goal contributions. Would be much happier if it was Howson/Morsy moving on 

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, BoroSmoggie said:

Atleast he actually got in them positions. We will do well to replace his goal contributions. Would be much happier if it was Howson/Morsy moving on 

Don’t worry we have signed a striker with about the same stats 💪

• Like 1
17 minutes ago, Whoppy said:

Hello missed all these transfers!

not remotely excited by Peltier or the lad from Wycombe 🙄

Payero sounds very exciting though, hope it happens. Is this the ‘gem of a player’ Warnock was eluding to looking to sign on the last window? 

That's the spirit

2 minutes ago, CWC said:

Sounds very tongue in cheek to me, the laugh gives it away. 

Interesting he talks about it in the context of Uche's fee. Might suggest it's in installments/ bonuses rather than anything close to a 6 mil flat fee.

• Like 1
59 minutes ago, LBP said:

It did seem too good to be true but here's hoping

Had you heard of him before today? I’m not having a go just a genuine question. I hadn’t btw.

• Downsouth changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Post Mortem Time""
  • Old Codger changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Sporar Tomorar?""