• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Offer has been accepted bauser has had his critics but he has pulled masterstrokes on both of these.  Now over to you Leo!  Payero small issues look sorted should be an announcement tomorrow or f

Gibson doing a Gibson. Having another punt, pushing for Bolasie, this Argentinian and money available for a couple more. (Not a lot though) Spence going for £5m

Not been keeping up but Sporar should be sorted by Tuesday 

Posted Images

I don't remember many people asking for Bola to be sold but there's no doubt that he hadn't shown anything in his first season worth shouting about. He scored a last minute goal in a cup game and got bullied against Sheffield Wednesday at the Riverside, that was the extent of his first season highlights.

But like Coulson now, he was and is still a young man and that means there's always the chance of growth. Bola came back with a point to prove and a tremendous attitude to succeed. After the last 2 seasons, we should be quite happy to know we have 2 very good young left-backs at our club following the departure of one of the best left-backs we've seen at the club. Makes no sense at all to be looking to sign another permanent one unless there's one leaving permanently and even then, I'd question the sanity of swapping Coulson for Hume.

6 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

Makes no sense at all to be looking to sign another permanent one unless there's one leaving permanently and even then, I'd question the sanity of swapping Coulson for Hume.

Loan out Coulson with wages covered. Get Hume in for roughly the same. Get Coulson back improved next year. Sell Bola. Have Coulson and Hume as left back options. Could be the club't thinking.

2 hours ago, mendieta420 said:

Coulson is a decent Championship player. I don't think he's ever going to be any better than that, so, if we have any ambition that's why we'd be looking to replace him.

you do that once your in the premier league. not when sctatching around for decent champo player going on a freebe.

51 minutes ago, Borodane said:

Loan out Coulson with wages covered. Get Hume in for roughly the same. Get Coulson back improved next year. Sell Bola. Have Coulson and Hume as left back options. Could be the club't thinking.

That bold part is the key reason I don't see that being the clubs thinking. Why would we make a signing this summer to cover for us selling Bola next summer?

I think it makes sense to look at loaning in a left-back from the Premier League to challenge Bola for the spot and loan Coulson out to League One so he can actually play.

This is a list of the U23 left-backs in the Prem, obviously some a lot more likely than others to be loaned out to the Championship. I don't know much about any of them who we could get but Leif Davis is likely to be looking for a loan move given Leeds just signed Junior Firpo, Niels Nkounkou might be wanting to move somewhere too having spent a year with Everton and got to play in the cup for them.

image.png.585b0b629efbfa457826a330c77888f1.png

5 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

That bold part is the key reason I don't see that being the clubs thinking. Why would we make a signing this summer to cover for us selling Bola next summer?

I think it makes sense to look at loaning in a left-back from the Premier League to challenge Bola for the spot and loan Coulson out to League One so he can actually play.

This is a list of the U23 left-backs in the Prem, obviously some a lot more likely than others to be loaned out to the Championship. I don't know much about any of them who we could get but Leif Davis is likely to be looking for a loan move given Leeds just signed Junior Firpo, Niels Nkounkou might be wanting to move somewhere too having spent a year with Everton and got to play in the cup for them.

image.png.585b0b629efbfa457826a330c77888f1.png

Coulsen and bola are more than adequate to fight it out.  Make or break for coulsen if he's good enough he should be pushing bola and will get 15-20 games.  If not then loan/sell next season, as it stands now for me though bola is one of the best left backs in the league was class last year.

2 minutes ago, scotty189 said:

Coulsen and bola are more than adequate to fight it out.  Make or break for coulsen if he's good enough he should be pushing bola and will get 15-20 games.  If not then loan/sell next season, as it stands now for me though bola is one of the best left backs in the league was class last year.

I agree mate, I just don't think Warnock thinks the same way and he's better off going and playing somewhere else than hoping and praying for a place on the bench here. The loan we bring in would be to cover our own backs for this season and to avoid permanently displacing Coulson from the squad.

• Like 1

The Coulson and warnock situation reminds me a lot of the strachan and Bennett thing, totally banished then flourished under mowbray. Based on how he played under woodgate I think it’s definately worth just loaning him out till warnock is gone. Tbh I think a loan to Sunderland would be a good move.

• Like 4
Just now, Brunners said:

Personally Bola was in my top 3 for player of the season last year. Thought he was thoroughly excellent.

That's what started Humpty on the whole thing, if you remember.

Whilst we're at that, I'll list out the votes from the poll:

1st. McNair - 19
2nd. Watmore - 11
3rd. Bola - 8
4th. Fry - 5
5th. Tavernier - 4
6th. Howson / Morsy - 1

There were 2 votes for 'Other' as well.

• Downsouth changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Post Mortem Time""
  • Old Codger changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Sporar Tomorar?""