oneBoro Forum

Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Post Mortem Time""

40 minutes ago, Robin Johnson said:

I would really like to see us get a couple of goal scoring strikers over the line- the obvious deficiency presently.

Probably the hardest job in football to be fair, you'd have thought we had cracked it with Assombalonga paying £15m for a player with championship pedigree but alas not

• Replies 19.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Offer has been accepted bauser has had his critics but he has pulled masterstrokes on both of these.  Now over to you Leo!  Payero small issues look sorted should be an announcement tomorrow or f

Gibson doing a Gibson. Having another punt, pushing for Bolasie, this Argentinian and money available for a couple more. (Not a lot though) Spence going for £5m

Not been keeping up but Sporar should be sorted by Tuesday 

Posted Images

The big problem we have had isnt generally buying goalscorers but then not providing the team to create the chances for them. We arguably had our best with Britt when we had Traore available but Monk rarely played him and then he was sold. On paper Rhodes was decent when playing with a target man (Gestede) and ...ahem Boyd (who was awful) but then we had no wingers creating the chances he would have got in Scotland. On the other side of the coin Stuani and Bamford were able to do that little bit more without the service but one was played out on the wing and the other got dropped after being KOed. 

I think there's a stat where we are near the top for the club with the longest period without a player scoring 20 league goals in a season (Slaven).

Edited by smogsterking the Inspirati
  • Like 2
22 minutes ago, smogsterking the Inspirati said:

The big problem we have had isnt generally buying goalscorers but then not providing the team to create the chances for them. We arguable had out best with Britt when we had Traore available but Monk rarely played him and then he was sold. On paper Rhodes was decent when playing with a target man (Gestede) and ...ahem Boyd (who was awful) but then we had no wingers creating the chances he would have got in Scotland. On the other side of the coin Stuani and Bamford were able to do that little bit more without the service but one was played out on the wing and the other got dropped after being KOed. 

I think there's a stat where we are near the top for the club with the longest period without a player scoring 20 league goals in a season (Slaven).

I feel like we've been at least 1 attacking midfielder/winger (sometimes 2 or 3) short since we let Reach go out on loan 2015 

Sick of us never actually sorting the issue, just try plaster over it with loans and half of them don't get game time or aren't good enough 

• Like 1

The thing about goal scoring strikers is their current team are generally built around them, put everything through them and fully play to their strengths. Often they go to bigger teams and it’s like playing with 10 men as they contribute zero to anything other than getting on the end of balls into the box. That’s why Karanka never played Rhodes, if he actually had to have posession he was useless.

Instead of buying a goal scorer we need a focal point up front, modern strikers operate more as a #10 but much further up the pitch.

1 minute ago, SmogDane said:

Yes yes, but the one joining after the start, will be Payero

The gazette said earlier that they want him to sign before the start of the olympics I think

19 minutes ago, RiversideRed said:

Warnock wants four or five signings by the start of the season.

Is this from a new interview he done or you quoting him from interview with bbc tees from 2 weeks ago?

1 hour ago, smogsterking the Inspirati said:

Aren't Inter in a financial mess right now and are now going to have get rid of a fair few assets. Although I suppose it could be the market they now have to shop in given this circumstance. 

The hakimi sale has mostly balanced their books I think. 

3 minutes ago, BoroJake said:

The gazette said earlier that they want him to sign before the start of the olympics I think

Signing before yes, joining after ...

translates as: 

"#Banfield Report the numbers for this season. Payero is not on the list. It is unofficially known or believed that he was sold to Middlesbrough. But the club did not make any announcement about it but nevertheless no longer counts it on the list. When will there be an official announcement?"

So they haven't given Payero a squad number

https://clubabanfield.org/inicio/dorsales-definidos-para-la-proxima-temporada/

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Downsouth changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Post Mortem Time""
  • Old Codger changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Sporar Tomorar?""