• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Offer has been accepted bauser has had his critics but he has pulled masterstrokes on both of these.  Now over to you Leo!  Payero small issues look sorted should be an announcement tomorrow or f

Gibson doing a Gibson. Having another punt, pushing for Bolasie, this Argentinian and money available for a couple more. (Not a lot though) Spence going for £5m

Not been keeping up but Sporar should be sorted by Tuesday 

Posted Images

Just now, SzilardNemethsCurtains said:

Arguably a step up from Bahamboula and Hoilett

probably. He's younger than hoilett & more experienced in the division than Bahamboula, so think it's a fair comment

• Like 1

Patterson strikes me more a case of squad filling rather than a player who can drive us to promotion. An excellent signing for a club that has its targets set on a mid table finish. With suspensions and injuries he could be quite useful but other than that I'm not really feeling it.

1 minute ago, Redcar Rioja said:

Patterson strikes me more a case of squad filling rather than a player who can drive us to promotion. An excellent signing for a club that has its targets set on a mid table finish. With suspensions and injuries he could be quite useful but other than that I'm not really feeling it.

Could copy and paste this exact paragraph and change the name to each of our signings/linked players so far this summer. The south American boys aside, and god knows what they'll be like if they come!

• Like 1

Jamie Patterson stats aren't great must be said and he's spent his entire career in championship is 29 not that good of a signing though we were moving towards younger hungry players 

41 minutes ago, SzilardNemethsCurtains said:

Anyone else happy that it looks to be Crooks over Mpanzu? Pelly didn't stand out for me in the few games I have seen whilst Crooks played a big part in both games albeit as a pantomime villain in the second fixture

Mpanzu would be really good squad filler imo but looks like Crooks will be like for like Saville

12 minutes ago, DurhamRed said:

Jamie Patterson stats aren't great must be said and he's spent his entire career in championship is 29 not that good of a signing though we were moving towards younger hungry players 

His stats aren't amazing but he is more than steady, regularly contributes 10+ goals/assists over the season across his career. Looking at them closely it seems when he plays regularly he does quite well, but he seems to be in and out of teams an awful lot. 

Looking at the players we are signing, Warnock seems to be filling positions across the midfield and forward line with players who will all contribute a steady stream of goals and assists. If we can get multiple players scoring 6/7/8 goals a season from all over the park we will do well. 

6 from Crooks last season is a good return, if Paterson signs you can say he will get around that, Ameobi is capable of that, Watmore will score goals as we've all seen. Payero looks more than capable of scoring and assisting his fair share. 

Much better to have a fair few players capable of popping up with goals rather than relying on only 2 or 3. 

• Like 5

His stats are significantly better than Johnson's?

Last season Paterson played 20 games and scored 3, assisted 2.

Johnson played 42, scored 3 and assisted 5.

The season before Paterson played 31 games, scored 7 and assisted 4.

Johnson played 38, scored 1 and assisted 4.

• Like 2

I’ve always been impressed with Patterson when I’ve seen him. And I’m my humble opinion he’s better/more consistent than Marv so I’m happy enough of this comes off

• Like 2
  • Downsouth changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Post Mortem Time""
  • Old Codger changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Sporar Tomorar?""