• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Offer has been accepted bauser has had his critics but he has pulled masterstrokes on both of these.  Now over to you Leo!  Payero small issues look sorted should be an announcement tomorrow or f

Gibson doing a Gibson. Having another punt, pushing for Bolasie, this Argentinian and money available for a couple more. (Not a lot though) Spence going for £5m

Not been keeping up but Sporar should be sorted by Tuesday 

Posted Images

14 minutes ago, Humpty said:

Precisely. If we had serious interest we would've gone toe to toe. Considering he was a free transfer and we still didn't match Luton's offer, I think we dabbled looking for a cheap addition.

You can have serious interest but if your wage structure is lower then that's that.

10 minutes ago, Youngy228 said:

You can have serious interest but if your wage structure is lower then that's that.

I’d be surprised if we couldn’t match what Luton were offering.

Just now, Humpty said:

I wouldn't. We have a wages budget with it allocated to various positions/ players.

For example, would you sign Mpanzu if it meant not getting Payero? Mpanzu priced himself out of a move to us.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Humpty said:

didn't Diggerlad say we messed up our negotiations with him?

we agreed something, then changed something, then went back to out original offer.?

8 minutes ago, Mr_Maz said:

didn't Diggerlad say we messed up our negotiations with him?

we agreed something, then changed something, then went back to out original offer.?

That would make more sense than being priced out by Luton….alternatively we weren’t seriously interested.

Edited by Humpty

I don't think it's a question of if we could match it, more our willingness to if anything. Is Mpanzu a significant enough improvement to our squad that demands pushing our boundaries in any way? Not from my point of view to be honest but then I don't think there are many players we've been linked with this summer that fit that description.

11 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

Paterson injured himself yesterday, which is why he didn't play.

Promising start.

NW says he rolled his ankle, so hopefully he's fine by Wednesday!

Just now, TheJew said:

We are doing a good job of creating a low Championship table squad, at least on paper.

how? we finished mid table last year, and the players coming in are better than those that have left - (excl Bolasie)

• Like 3
4 minutes ago, TheJew said:

We are doing a good job of creating a low Championship table squad, at least on paper.

Which is the type of squad Warnock usually gets promoted... 🤷🏻‍♂️

• Like 4
  • Downsouth changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Post Mortem Time""
  • Old Codger changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Sporar Tomorar?""