• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Offer has been accepted bauser has had his critics but he has pulled masterstrokes on both of these.  Now over to you Leo!  Payero small issues look sorted should be an announcement tomorrow or f

Gibson doing a Gibson. Having another punt, pushing for Bolasie, this Argentinian and money available for a couple more. (Not a lot though) Spence going for £5m

Not been keeping up but Sporar should be sorted by Tuesday 

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, J.T. said:

Am I not allowed to express a disapproval about the direction the club is going without being referred to as a “supporter”?

Correct me if I’m wrong but I don’t remember saying that we had a god given right to play attractive football. Nor anything even similar. I do believe, however, that, based on recent evidence, it would be better for the club’s future if we tried to play a more modern and expansive brand of football. Look around at the club’s similar in stature and budget to ourselves who have achieved success in the last 5 years. None have done it by playing long ball football. Leeds, Brentford, Norwich, Wolves, Aston Villa, etc. were all in very similar positions to ourselves 5 years ago. But whilst we have stagnated, playing outdated football under managers like Pulis and Warnock, these clubs have appointed progressive managers and are now streets ahead of where we are. I can only really think of Burnley who have managed success by playing a more direct style of football. Am I not a proper supporter for wanting us to try to do the same?

Burnleys football is rubbish. But they still play with 2 out and out wingers and two strikers. That's still more than we have done under pulis and Warnock 

• Like 1

Ameobi 

Harris

Hoilett 

NML

Paterson

All a bit average and ageing for me, an improvement on our 0 wide players at the club strategy we've been trying I suppose but just meh really

11 minutes ago, Neverbefore said:

Ameobi didn't perform better than Johnson or bolasie, arguably kebano, last season. 

different type of player thank Johnson, we can't afford Bolasie and Keband, they were on loan anyway, so he is filled a gap in the squad

Lumley barely kicked a ball last season. 

And yet i'd still rather have him in the team than Betenelli

Ikpeazu scored one more goal than Britt last season with a fair bit more football played. 

He wa injured for the first half of the year and getting use to a new league and team - plus much more suited to the NW style

Paterson couldn't get in the Bristol team, hoilett couldn't get in the cardiff side, bamba has been out for 2 years and Harris didn't score a goal in 40 games for Sheffield Wednesday. 

again has had injuries, used a sub often, but a good player - also not replacing anyone we owned last year - Harris - all quiet on him (apart from teamtalk this morning) he offers pace, but not seen enough of him

It's just grim whatever way you want to spin it. 

not the way I spin it

I'm not saying they'll be bad signings, but how many teams can you think of that signed all their players from lesser teams that went on to get promoted?

I'm not into calling others lesser teams, we're just a small town with a small club that had some success a few years ago. We're a championship club like the rest of the league

6 minutes ago, J.T. said:

Am I not allowed to express a disapproval about the direction the club is going without being referred to as a “supporter”?

Correct me if I’m wrong but I don’t remember saying that we had a god given right to play attractive football. Nor anything even similar. I do believe, however, that, based on recent evidence, it would be better for the club’s future if we tried to play a more modern and expansive brand of football. Look around at the club’s similar in stature and budget to ourselves who have achieved success in the last 5 years. None have done it by playing long ball football. Leeds, Brentford, Norwich, Wolves, Aston Villa, etc. were all in very similar positions to ourselves 5 years ago. But whilst we have stagnated, playing outdated football under managers like Pulis and Warnock, these clubs have appointed progressive managers and are now streets ahead of where we are. I can only really think of Burnley who have managed success by playing a more direct style of football. Am I not a proper supporter for wanting us to try to do the same?

No one is stopping you from expressing your disaproval, i'm expressing my disapproval too.

The people responsible for running the club have made mistakes, but none of that effects my support for the club, or makes me want to talk negativley about our players.  Also i appreiciate that the players coming in will work hard for the club and fans, anything else is a bonus

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Neverbefore said:

True, we are, and this we will remain for another year, that I can assure you of!

that's potentially better than a number of other clubs.

I kow i'd rather be a Boro fan than a Derby fan at the moment. 

4 minutes ago, LBP said:

Ameobi 

Harris

Hoilett 

NML

Paterson

All a bit average and ageing for me, an improvement on our 0 wide players at the club strategy we've been trying I suppose but just meh really

True - but as others have said, they do fit the type of player Warnock likes to work with, as well as his brand of football.

On paper they do seem like underwhelming signings, but he has made squads like this punch above their weight in the past. Maybe he can do it again? 🤷‍♂️

Though it does leave me scratching my head over our signing of Payero and that other South American player we are apparently trying to get. Pretty much polar opposites of a typical Warnock player. Does make me wonder if they'll get much game time.

Given the farcical goalkeeping situation last season, all I can say is they had better speak fluent English.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Mr_Maz said:

that's potentially better than a number of other clubs.

I kow i'd rather be a Boro fan than a Derby fan at the moment. 

That we are fully agreed on. 

• Like 2

Has there been any official or reported confirmation that Bamba didn’t travel to Cornwall? Just seems strange that if we were considering giving him a deal that he wouldn’t have gone. 

How depressing. Season hasn’t even kicked off yet and we have been written off already. Why not give whatever players we sign a chance. Bola is a great example. He was well and truly written off and he’s probably one of the 1st names on the team sheet 

• Like 6
4 minutes ago, AnglianRed said:

True - but as others have said, they do fit the type of player Warnock likes to work with, as well as his brand of football.

On paper they do seem like underwhelming signings, but he has made squads like this punch above their weight in the past. Maybe he can do it again? 🤷‍♂️

Though it does leave me scratching my head over our signing of Payero and that other South American player we are apparently trying to get. Pretty much polar opposites of a typical Warnock player. Does make me wonder if they'll get much game time.

Given the farcical goalkeeping situation last season, all I can say is they had better speak fluent English.

bit different being a goal keeper to an outfield player. players dont really say much instruction wise to eachother. emmerson couldnt speak english very well but was still immense on the pitch before he hurt his ankle and barca showed interest. lol

gk's need to be clear on their instructions to the defense dont they. any slight miss com and its a goal. can understand nw not liking it.

We do need some wingers and a new back up striker. This will be addressed as Warnock likes sppedy wingers shown by Bolasie l, Kebano. The problem is the club is keeping cards very close to their chest we don't know who's signing until their pretty much confirmed. The Bamba, Harrison and Hoillet is trash made up for clicks. We will get payero and another South American I reckon. Then the signings of Crooks ikpeazu will make us alot more dangerous at set pieces and have a more goal scoring threat. We will have a better season than last so dunno what the doom glum is about. Atleast we gonna have a squad more than some club eg Derby will have! 

• Like 2
  • Downsouth changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Post Mortem Time""
  • Old Codger changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Sporar Tomorar?""