oneBoro Forum

Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Post Mortem Time""

35 minutes ago, Neverbefore said:

It's not. I never said that it was. There's a lot more to it, but if you're 27+ and you've never played at a higher level than a struggling championship side, chances are more likely than not that that is your level. There are obviously exceptions. But when all your players are like that, then it's more likely that we'll end up with a very limited squad. 

The three lads from lower finishing teams are 26 so before their prime especially Lumley as a keeper, I do think Ikpeazu is a risk mind but the other two there is plenty of opportunity for improvement 

Edited by SzilardNemethsCurtains
Change league to finishing
  • Replies 19.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Offer has been accepted bauser has had his critics but he has pulled masterstrokes on both of these.  Now over to you Leo!  Payero small issues look sorted should be an announcement tomorrow or f

Gibson doing a Gibson. Having another punt, pushing for Bolasie, this Argentinian and money available for a couple more. (Not a lot though) Spence going for £5m

Not been keeping up but Sporar should be sorted by Tuesday 

Posted Images

Just now, Smogzilla said:

https://www.gazettelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/devon-tour-diary-day-two-21094598.amp?__twitter_impression=true

Little snippet in here from Craig John's regarding the links from today. Bamba isn't with the squad in Cornwall so it doesn't seem likely that he will be offered anything.

He also points out that when asked previously on Bamba, they were given a firm no.

Also this on Crooks:

This time of year is of course dominated by transfer talk and as noted above there came an interesting update on Crooks. We'd learned last week that Boro had bid for the midfielder, though at the time we reported it as an unnamed Championship club.. While it's always nice to get a story first, sometimes responsibility is required. We certainly don't want to be responsible for scuppering potential deals by going too early and you battle with that dilemma a lot at this time of year.

With Crooks closing in on the move and expected to undergo a medical on Teesside this week though, it's advanced enough to report that now.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Borodane said:

The Olympics might be cancelled now. Does that scupper our move for Payero? Would be just our luck🤷‍♂️

Where have you seen that?

8 minutes ago, Borodane said:

The Olympics might be cancelled now. Does that scupper our move for Payero? Would be just our luck🤷‍♂️

I doubt they’re going to cancel at this stage, suppose you can never say never in this mad world we live in though 

51 minutes ago, Dynamo Kev said:

bit different being a goal keeper to an outfield player. players dont really say much instruction wise to eachother. emmerson couldnt speak english very well but was still immense on the pitch before he hurt his ankle and barca showed interest. lol

gk's need to be clear on their instructions to the defense dont they. any slight miss com and its a goal. can understand nw not liking it.

Well judging from his performances and our defending last season, Bettinelli doesn't even speak good English... 

Sorry - I don't buy that theory. As long as they know their team mates' names, can point / gesture to tell them how to line up for set pieces etc. that should be just fine.

Obviously being fluent in the language helps, but I don't think it should be mandatory by any means.

27 minutes ago, Brunners said:

Its not being reported anywhere that I've seen.

Probably a reference to the fact there have been Covid cases reported among some of the athletes. If they don't get a grip on it like F1 did, I'd imagine serious questions will be asked. Especially if athletes in contention for medals have to withdraw / self-isolate.

Could get pretty farcical.

• Like 1
52 minutes ago, Smogzilla said:

https://www.gazettelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/devon-tour-diary-day-two-21094598.amp?__twitter_impression=true

Little snippet in here from Craig John's regarding the links from today. Bamba isn't with the squad in Cornwall so it doesn't seem likely that he will be offered anything.

I don’t know where we are looking to give Bamba deal has come from. The club have said he is here to get he’s fitness back and we haven’t hid it when we have had players here on trial lately so why hide it with Bamba 

1 hour ago, Humpty said:

As I said, if we were seriously interested we would’ve been willing.

Not really.  Seriously interested and willing to pay more than we think he's worth are two different things.

Luton may well value him higher than we do.  If we think he's a, for example, 5k a week later and they offer 10k, then it doesn't mean we weren't serious, just that we have a different opinion of his value.

By some accounts we were in negotiations with him and made an offer.  That's serious.

50 minutes ago, Brunners said:

From the top director of the Tokyo committee (whatever that is). 72 athletes with confirmed cases already. I doubt they will cancel this late though. 

18 minutes ago, BoroJake said:

Instead of a triple signing of hoilett, bamba and Harris could we have a triple signing of payero, muniz and Lazaro please?

The three South American’s have just as much chance of coming and being flops as the others who would all be free signings.

1 minute ago, Riverside94 said:

The three South American’s have just as much chance of coming and being flops as the others who would all be free signings.

Difference is there young, exciting and have potential.

Don't think there's anything wrong with signing one of Harris or Hoilett and Bamba for backup on short-term deals.

But as a club we need to look long-term. Try and bring some players in develop them. Keep some of them in the squad and move some of them on after a couple of years to strengthen the team. 

• Like 2
19 minutes ago, Riverside94 said:

If they come in and do well their sell on price will only be higher. The three being spoke about Harris or Hoilett and Bamba probably will have no sell on value no  matter how well they do. Football is and always was a gamble. If you don't gamble you just end up in the middle of the road.

• Like 1
  • Downsouth changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Post Mortem Time""
  • Old Codger changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Sporar Tomorar?""