• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Offer has been accepted bauser has had his critics but he has pulled masterstrokes on both of these.  Now over to you Leo!  Payero small issues look sorted should be an announcement tomorrow or f

Gibson doing a Gibson. Having another punt, pushing for Bolasie, this Argentinian and money available for a couple more. (Not a lot though) Spence going for £5m

Not been keeping up but Sporar should be sorted by Tuesday 

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Boroinredcar said:

If they come in and do well their sell on price will only be higher. The three being spoke about Harris or Hoilett and Bamba probably will have no sell on value no  matter how well they do. Football is and always was a gamble. If you don't gamble you just end up in the middle of the road.

That’s what I’m saying. The key word IF. I hope we do get at least one of them and they turn out to be amazing, but there’s no guarantee they will adapt. At least you know what you’re getting with the others 

3 hours ago, Mfcdanny said:

How depressing. Season hasn’t even kicked off yet and we have been written off already. Why not give whatever players we sign a chance. Bola is a great example. He was well and truly written off and he’s probably one of the 1st names on the team sheet 

Yeah agree with this.  It's much more fun to see people getting their hopes up in the summer, and then watch them slowly unravel over the first few months of the season, so that by November they are really bitter, and want everyone at Boro sacked or sold.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Riverside94 said:

The three South American’s have just as much chance of coming and being flops as the others who would all be free signings.

Yeah, that's the spirit!  We're Boro, we can sign rubbish players from anywhere 👍

1 hour ago, Humpty said:

Sorry good point. In my mind I was thinking of Wycombe. With the exception of that, my point stands. If we were seriously interested in him, we would’ve signed him.

Been enjoying the nice weather mate? 🍺

23 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

Yeah agree with this.  It's much more fun to see people getting their hopes up in the summer, and then watch them slowly unravel over the first few months of the season, so that by November they are really bitter, and want everyone at Boro sacked or sold.

You've skipped the best part! The 'we're still in with a shot of promotion' delusion that lingers until around December.

THEN we get the Christmas/January nose dive and Spring bitterness to power us through into end of season apathy 💪

And then back to the transfer thread we go. 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Humpty said:

Sorry good point. In my mind I was thinking of Wycombe. With the exception of that, my point stands. If we were seriously interested in him, we would’ve signed him.

Because we're Boro and we throw money at players and they have no choice.

He was interested enough to talk to us. We were interested enough to make an offer. That's a serious interest. Not outbidding other teams doesn't mean we weren't serious.  I mean, if he'd signed on the terms offered do you think we'd have said 'sorry man, only kidding, we're just wasting everybody's time'.

We complain endlessly about how poorly run the club is; not offering more than we think someone is worth is actually sensible. And just because Luton think he's worth more doesn't mean we weren't serious.

• Like 7

Midtjylland have said they will sell Sory Kaba. 

think we were interested and then not interested in him.

and because I have woken up in the twilight zone Chelsea are linked with Betts. 

5 minutes ago, GrimsbyBoro said:

Midtjylland have said they will sell Sory Kaba. 

think we were interested and then not interested in him.

and because I have woken up in the twilight zone Chelsea are linked with Betts. 

Don’t think we can afford to deal with Midtjylland. They’ve just sold Onyeka for 10 million Euros and are demanding almost 15 million for Cajuste. They paid 3 million euros for Kaba and I’d imagine they want at least 5 in return possibly more. They are notorious hard negotiators as they can afford it. 

• Thanks 1
  • Downsouth changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Post Mortem Time""
  • Old Codger changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Sporar Tomorar?""