• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Offer has been accepted bauser has had his critics but he has pulled masterstrokes on both of these.  Now over to you Leo!  Payero small issues look sorted should be an announcement tomorrow or f

Gibson doing a Gibson. Having another punt, pushing for Bolasie, this Argentinian and money available for a couple more. (Not a lot though) Spence going for £5m

Not been keeping up but Sporar should be sorted by Tuesday 

Posted Images

Just looking through the list of keepers without a club apart from Westwood

Luke Daniels aged 33 ex Brentford

Frank Fielding aged 33 ex QPR

Stephen Henderson ex Palace aged 33

Lee Camp aged 36 Ex Birmingham

I can see us going for an unattached GK and probably someone with experience given Lumley at 27 is by no means old for a keeper

11 hours ago, Neverbefore said:

I've seen quite a range of expectations floating around here and on social media, and the most common one is that we are going to be in and around the play offs. 

As things stand, I'm going with 10th to 12th again personally, but I know that's not what everyone thinks. 

I think the play-offs would be hitting the jackpot for us this season. The absolute best we can hope to achieve.

Of course everything depends on how well the new arrivals integrate into the squad, how effectively they can carry out the manager's instructions...and whether or not Warnock has any new tricks up his sleeve to make us a better team.

But set against that are the three teams relegated from the PL and another 3 or 4 teams who were significantly better than us last season.

Its a hell of an ask considering how we played last season. We've made a number of signings, but none of them exactly screams quality or represents a big improvement over the players that have left.

With my optimist's hat on I would like to think we could finish 5th or 6th. More realistically I think we're looking at another top 10 finish.

Also don't forget they'll be playing in front of fans again. If they serve up some of the dross we witnessed last season, I don't imagine the atmosphere will be particularly pleasant.

17 minutes ago, AnglianRed said:

I think the play-offs would be hitting the jackpot for us this season. The absolute best we can hope to achieve.

Of course everything depends on how well the new arrivals integrate into the squad, how effectively they can carry out the manager's instructions...and whether or not Warnock has any new tricks up his sleeve to make us a better team.

But set against that are the three teams relegated from the PL and another 3 or 4 teams who were significantly better than us last season.

Its a hell of an ask considering how we played last season. We've made a number of signings, but none of them exactly screams quality or represents a big improvement over the players that have left.

With my optimist's hat on I would like to think we could finish 5th or 6th. More realistically I think we're looking at another top 10 finish.

Also don't forget they'll be playing in front of fans again. If they serve up some of the dross we witnessed last season, I don't imagine the atmosphere will be particularly pleasant.

The first half of the season wasn't bad to be fair but the drop off in the second half was very poor and injuries killed our momentum.

I don't think we would have been quite so poor with fans in the stadium holding players to account, I also think Warnock struggled with empty stadiums

• Like 1
1 hour ago, AnglianRed said:

A very fair assessment of where we are AR

1 minute ago, notjade said:

Crooks confirmed

Expecting him to play tonight.

1. Backup GK

2. Versatile Left-Footed Defender for LB & CB

3. Payero

4. LW

5. RW

6. ST

7. ST

At least seven more signings needed for me with Coulson, Wing, Akpom and maybe Spence leaving.

2 minutes ago, Smokedsalmon said:

With Payero on set pieces and Crooks and Uche on the end of them, we might actually score a couple of corners this season, imagine that!

Don't get too carried away haha

• Downsouth changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Post Mortem Time""
  • Old Codger changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Sporar Tomorar?""