oneBoro Forum

Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Post Mortem Time""

1 minute ago, Brunners said:

Pretty confident Uche is going to be our first choice striker & Watmore is likely to be a starting 11 player too.

Think you will be right, Watmore has been great for us. I'd prefer a nice pacey ST though too.

• Replies 19.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Offer has been accepted bauser has had his critics but he has pulled masterstrokes on both of these.  Now over to you Leo!  Payero small issues look sorted should be an announcement tomorrow or f

Gibson doing a Gibson. Having another punt, pushing for Bolasie, this Argentinian and money available for a couple more. (Not a lot though) Spence going for £5m

Not been keeping up but Sporar should be sorted by Tuesday 

Posted Images

8 minutes ago, TLF10 said:

@Changing Times i think our first 11 provided we sign Payero will probs look like this!if Warnock plays 4.3.3

Lumley

Dijksteel Fry Paddy Bola

Payero Howson Crooks

Tav, NEW CF, NEW LW

For the times he goes with 3 at the back I can see him sacrificing Payero or a wide player for Hall.

I'd be surprised if Watmore isn't playing a lot.  I'd also be a bit disappointed if we ended up with a back three, two wingbacks and Howson and Crooks in midfield.

• Like 1
Just now, Changing Times said:

I'd be surprised if Watmore isn't playing a lot.  I'd also be a bit disappointed if we ended up with a back three, two wingbacks and Howson and Crooks in midfield.

prepare to be disappointed then, because Warnock loves the 3 at the back.

Yeah I think Watmore should be and deserves to be starting every week. I know he’s a bit ‘raw’ in the way he plays, but he’s a genuine goal threat when ever he is on the pitch. I like having forwards that can come up with a goal even when playing crap. As much as I rate Tav, the only thing that doesn’t convince me he’s a winger is because he isn’t a goal threat imo. Hopefully this comes this season and he can get double figures for goals and a few assists. He has the ability to achieve that. 

Just now, Brunners said:

I'm always prepared to be disappointed with Boro and I'm usually disappointed with Warnock 🙂

Three at the back, although I don't favour it, isn't an issue by itself.  It just depends who you have in the team.  I think a two man midfield with Howson would be a liability unfortunately.

3 minutes ago, Brunners said:

Didn’t Warnock say his favourite formation last year was 433? 
Currently I wouldn’t mind 5 at back as we don’t have good enough wingers yet in the squad. We’ve lost Kebano, Bolasie and Johnson from the wings and replaced them with Ameobi…We weren’t good enough out wide last year so unless we sign some wingers I don’t think we have the personal to score enough goals in a 433.

1 minute ago, Changing Times said:

I'm always prepared to be disappointed with Boro and I'm usually disappointed with Warnock 🙂

Three at the back, although I don't favour it, isn't an issue by itself.  It just depends who you have in the team.  I think a two man midfield with Howson would be a liability unfortunately.

I agree with you there. I'm keeping my fingers heavily crossed that Howson drops to a leadership bit part role this year and our midfield two is Morsy & one other.

1 minute ago, BoroSmoggie said:

Currently I wouldn’t mind 5 at back as we don’t have good enough wingers yet in the squad. We’ve lost Kebano, Bolasie and Johnson from the wings and replaced them with Ameobi…We weren’t good enough out wide last year so unless we sign some wingers I don’t think we have the personal to score enough goals in a 433.

I reckon it will be a 4-3-3 with narrow wingers. Likes of watmore, Tav or maybe even another striker

13 minutes ago, SmogDane said:

Lumley 

Dijk, Fry, Hall, Paddy, Bola 

Morsy 

Crooks Tav 

Watmore, Ikpeazu 

Can see it being that as well which is a shame because nothing better than watching a quality winger or silky #10

7 minutes ago, BoroSmoggie said:

He has also said he likes the 5-2-3 we employed vs Tavistock.

Just now, LBP said:
15 minutes ago, SmogDane said:

Lumley 

Dijk, Fry, Hall, Paddy, Bola 

Morsy 

Crooks Tav 

Watmore, Ikpeazu 

Expand  

Can see it being that as well which is a shame because nothing better than watching a quality winger or silky #10

So the pair of you think that we'd be signing Payero to sit on our bench?  If Warnock really isn't arsed about signing him then I could see that I suppose but otherwise I don't think we sign a South American prospect to play 10/15 games for us.  If his set pieces really are a strong point then it's even less likely that he doesn't play in my opinion.

Lumley 

Bola. Fry. Hall Dijksteel 

Mcnair 

Tav.      Payero 

Watmore   ikpeazu.    Ameobi

I think is best of the players we currently have without injuries 

• Like 1
11 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

So the pair of you think that we'd be signing Payero to sit on our bench?  If Warnock really isn't arsed about signing him then I could see that I suppose but otherwise I don't think we sign a South American prospect to play 10/15 games for us.  If his set pieces really are a strong point then it's even less likely that he doesn't play in my opinion.

I think it's not an unreasonable assumption to make for the first couple of months, I don't think NW is the "throw him straight in" type, unless he seriously impresses I suppose. I think by December-ish he'll be a starter regularly.

• Like 1

When we are discussing formations, I think it's worth pointing out that last season, Bola, Dijksteel, Spence and Fisher combined for 2 goals and 1 assist in about 9000 mins of football.  That doesn't really indicate a strength for us.  I think I said yesterday that it would seem odd to me to bring in a couple of central midfielders, not play one or both, and concentrate our attacking efforts on an area of weakness.

• Like 2
  • Downsouth changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Post Mortem Time""
  • Old Codger changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Sporar Tomorar?""