• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Offer has been accepted bauser has had his critics but he has pulled masterstrokes on both of these.  Now over to you Leo!  Payero small issues look sorted should be an announcement tomorrow or f

Gibson doing a Gibson. Having another punt, pushing for Bolasie, this Argentinian and money available for a couple more. (Not a lot though) Spence going for £5m

Not been keeping up but Sporar should be sorted by Tuesday 

Posted Images

20 minutes ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

We can't compete with Fulham wage wise so yeah, probably

Yeah but both deals are loans  with view to permant so am sure we are matching his Flamengo wage. We may have the draw of we have less strikers so more likely to get game time than in Fulham 

3 minutes ago, DurhamRed said:

Yeah but both deals are loans  with view to permant so am sure we are matching his Flamengo wage. We may have the draw of we have less strikers so more likely to get game time than in Fulham 

But if we can't match what Fulham are willing to pay in a transfer fee, which is also likely, it's a bit of a non-starter whether we can pay for his wages.

I wouldn't be surprised if it's one of those where the wages are topped up a little bit from whatever Flamengo are paying too. Wages for loans aren't maxed out at the loaning club's wages, I don't think? It's usually not a big deal I guess as most loans are going to be from clubs paying more in wages than the loaning club will.

26 minutes ago, RiversideRed said:

I can see the converstaion now.

"Mr Gibson how about Kean Bryan a good young defender from Sheffield United."

"He's not a centre midfielder then Neil."

"Naah"

"Are you sure Neil "

"Well he can play there"

Gibbo shakes head in disbelief and walks off.

Revisiting the best starting 11 topic I think our "problem" is that we have many Players who are good or goodish relatively speaking but not really outstanding over others.

Lumley is a likely nailed on starter, Ikpeazu as well and I suspect that Fry and Hall are also nailed on when fit. McNair would be fine in a back three but I wouldn't pick him over Hall and Fry. In Midfield we have a growing array of "talent" and it will be interesting to see who stakes their claim. A lot I suspect will be down to tactics and formations which will invariably vary from game to game influencing Warnock's selections.

Morsy is the one I would want Terrier like in front of the defence. Howson faded badly last season, that could be age related or he maybe was carrying a niggle and soldiering on so a lot will depend on his fitness levels. The new lads will be bringing great expectations but I'm also of the opinion that we are maybe a little rose tinted when looking at a few of our existing options. Wing definitely has something but he has never exactly nailed it. Coulson is another who has shown something but I'm not sure what or where those abilities fit.

Controversially, Tav is another who leaves me frustrated but optimistic in equal measure. Undoubtedly he has more in his locker than many but It's never been really clear to me what his best position actually is. I'd want him in the team but I suspect he would be picked on the basis of what positions are left to fill and shoehorning him in to a wide role, a number 10 or whatever. McNair is a similar conundrum in that most would want him in the side but where?

Over the season we will need a big squad and players chomping at the bit to come on and stake a claim. That was one of the reasons (only one of many) for us falling away towards the end of last season. Once suspensions and injuries took a toll the cupboard was bare. Too many players were getting games who clearly needed a break or just simply dropped.

Rather than our best eleven I think we need to be assessing our depth of squad and the rotational or positional options that it offers. Having the resources to switch around and change games will be paramount if we are to have a realistic top 6 chance. That we are uncertain and have differing opinions is maybe a good thing in terms of strength or its maybe worrying in a much of a muchness kind of way. I think it will be the former, or at least I hope so.

• Like 4

The big worry for me is if we rely on playing 3 at the back, your wing backs need to basically be the best players in your team. The only justification for it is if they're THAT good that they can fulfill the role of defender & attacking winger all at once.

None of our current crop of full backs are capable of it, at best Coulson, who we know isn't favoured. And signing centre backs who can play full back doesn't fit the kind of player we'd need there either. I wish we'd stick to 4 at the back, where you can justify playing people like Dijksteel out wide, who are defensively very sound but going forward a bit hit or miss.

• Like 1

Random Kean Bryan fact as I was googling him.

He is married to Vincent Brooke who was on Coromation Street.

Vincent Brooke was peviously in a long term relationship with Ex boro loanee Josh McEachran. 

And on that completely useless piece of information… as you were boys and girls.

• Haha 3
8 minutes ago, TLF10 said:

Random Kean Bryan fact as I was googling him.

He is married to Vincent Brooke who was on Coromation Street.

Vincent Brooke was peviously in a long term relationship with Ex boro loanee Josh McEachran. 

And on that completely useless piece of information… as you were boys and girls.

I'm pretty sure you mean Brooke Vincent, lol. She played Sophie Webster.

Also they're not married.

• Haha 2
31 minutes ago, Redcar Rioja said:

Rather than our best eleven I think we need to be assessing our depth of squad and the rotational or positional options that it offers. Having the resources to switch around and change games will be paramount if we are to have a realistic top 6 chance. That we are uncertain and have differing opinions is maybe a good thing in terms of strength or its maybe worrying in a much of a muchness kind of way. I think it will be the former, or at least I hope so.

Spot on.

50 minutes ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

I'm pretty sure you mean Brooke Vincent, lol. She played Sophie Webster.

Also they're not married.

Haha thanks @Denzel Zanzibar. Knew you would keep me right. Serves me right for thinking i know about the showbiz world. I barely know football and that is my main interest.

• Haha 2
  • Downsouth changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Post Mortem Time""
  • Old Codger changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Sporar Tomorar?""